“Excellent value and service” 5 of 5 stars

The Manor House
Bonnetts Lane | Ifield, Crawley RH11 ONY, England   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Crawley B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night prior to flight the next day, Lovely room, great hospitality, could not fault, excellent value for money including transfers to airport.
Will recommend to all my friends and family thanks...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I got a good deal with the guest house, and was pleased with it. The building itself is beautiful, and is tastefully decorated inside. Although I suspect it's aimed towards the budget traveler, it didn't give that impression inside. I booked this hotel whilst I was involved with a couple of swimming events in Brighton, during a hot and busy weekend. The Brighton hotels were too expensive for me, which is why I stayed here. However, the guesthouse is only 30 minutes drive from Brighton, so was very convenient.

The man who greeted me was friendly, and so was the lady (his wife?) who gave me the (free) wifi code. I was staying in a single room, which had a sink, and I shared a bathroom with one other. The furniture seemed good quality, and all matched. It seems that a lot of thought and effort has good into the design of this guest house.

Breakfast was perfect for me. You help yourself to cereal, toast, pain au chocolat, yogurt, coffee, tea etc.

This guest house is located quite near to the runway at Gatwick, but although I could hear the planes taking off, it wasn't loud enough to disturb my sleep (and I had the window fully open).

My only minor criticism is that they charged 3% on my booking fee for me to pay by debit card. The man said that this was explained on their website, although I booked through an agent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked a double room for a one night stay the night before an early flight out of Gatwick. The double room was clean and tidy and plenty big enough with a separate shower and toilet room. The was also a tv and tea / coffe making facilites. All spotlessly clean.

Our car parking charges for a couple of weeks was included in the night's fee and proved to be excellent value for money. Our car was parked safely around the back of the hotel and returned in the condition we gave it over. We were given a lift to the airport by our host, for our early departure after we had helped ourselves to a continetal breakfast in the breakfast room. Plenty of choice of hot / cold drinks and cereals and toast / jams. More than enough to get going. All again included in the price of the night's stay. Excellent value again.

Upon our return we called one of the cab numbers rpovided by our ever helpful host and the retrun fare was around £7 for us and our cases. Our car keys were waiting for us as agreed tov we did not get a chance to say thank you for the wonderful service.

All in all the stay provided safe and secure parking, friendly and effiicient service, clean and tidy night's sleep and excellent value for money. There is nothing else you could reasonably expect from the deal and price.

Well done The Manor House.... we have stayed in worse for a lot more pounds not very far from you and we need never do that again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Our double room was on the first floor, accross the landing from the breakfast room and was all that...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed overnight before our early morning flight. We got a little lost on the way there, the lady was lovely, she directed us over the phone... great service. The room was clean and comfortable with tv and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast was self service which suited us fine... plenty of choice; cereals, toast, fruit etc. The owner drove us to the airport in the morning. We left our car there for 9 nights at the rate of £2 a day. We would definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Me and my friend stayed here for one night before a morning flight at gatwick.
The room was comfortable and clean and the staff were really helpful.
The hotel is really close to the airport and we were given a lift there and back (included in the price)
Would highly recommend and will definitely stay again on my next hol!
Also breakfast was nice! :-)

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I have used this b&b several times & it ticks all the boxes for us. Ideally situated, good parking facilities & polite staff. Who could ask for more? Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Me, my husband and 2 teenage children stayed at this hotel 3 weeks ago as we needed an overnight stay before flying out of Gatwick in the morning. Due to travelling down on Bank Holiday Monday the traffic was bad so we didn't arrive until almost 10 o'clock. The website says check in is between 5-10pm so we had phoned to let them know when we should be arriving which seemed to be no problem.

On our arrival the owner was friendly and greeted us and showed us to our rooms. We had booked the family room, which was in fact 2 separate rooms - one double and a twin. The rooms were well equipped with a TV, tea and coffee making facilities and en suite showers (with plenty of hot water).
In the morning we didn't find time to have breakfast so obviously can't comment on that but had been informed the night before where the breakfast room was.

We had arranged for the owner to transport us to Gatwick in the morning and to pay for our car to be kept there whilst we were away for the week. It cost £90 for the 2 rooms and £16 for 8 nights parking which we thought was very good value for money considering the prices we had found for some of the big hotels around the airport. We had to leave our keys but we didn't have a problem with that. The journey to the airport was hassle-free and the owner was helpful in letting us know which taxi company to contact on our return.

All in all a good B&B with everything we needed for what was literally a bed for the night, a hot shower and a decent cuppa! I would definitely recommend The Manor House to anyone who doesn't want to spend a fortune and is happy with a perfectly adequate B&B.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Manor House? Share your experiences!