“Great value and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Gatwick

You added Sofitel London Gatwick to your Saves list
Sofitel London Gatwick
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Terminal, Gatwick Airport, Crawley RH6 0PH, England   |
Special Offer
SOFITEL CHIC GOURMANDISE
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Crawley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Switzerland
“Great value and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel both on our outbound and inbound legs to break up a long haul flight. Rooms are very nice, and of course the convenience factor is amazing! Service was efficient and friendly, and they also went out of their way to confirm we had a crib already placed in the rooms. I also think the price was pretty reasonable, all things considered. We will definite, stay there again, and certainly recommend it highly.

Stayed December 2013
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were pleased with our hospitality.

If you happen to have any questions or special requests prior to your next stay then please contact our Guest Relations team directly on h6204-gr@sofitel.com .

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Gatwick.

Graham Hawksworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

my sister and i realy enjoyed our stay at your hotel. everone was so helpful and charming i would certainly return we had such a lovely experience. thanks to you all. we certainly recommend you to all our friends and family i am sure they will enjoy it to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay in our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to relax before your early morning flight. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed onto our ambassadors and that they are praise for their hard work and commitment.

If you happen to have any special requests or queries prior to your next stay then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and they will be happy to assist you.

Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel couldn't be more convenient when flying into or out of the North Terminal as it is physically connected to the terminal. You don't nead to go outside at any point so if you're flying somewhere warm, pack your coat before you leave the hotel.

The reception/bar area is a comfortable place to relax and enjoy a drink or coffee.

The bedrooms are tastefully decorated. The single beds are wider than average at 1metre and have really comfortable pillow-top mattresses. The lighting is okay but could do with the option of a central ceiling light in addition to the table lamp, standard lamp and over bed lights. Our room had a comfortable armchair. There was also a mini-bar which on our first stay came with complimentary bottled water but on our second stay (a week later) was empty. I don't particularly like the bath/shower set up. There is a glass door which you need to open to get in or out of the shower. It moves back across the toilet and when you get out of the shower it drips water everywhere. The shower is of the fixed head variety. I prefer the sort that is detachable from the wall. They were a bit mean with the toiletries - only one bar of soap so you had to remember to take it with you when getting in the bath. The toiletries weren't as nice as those I've had in Sofitels in the far East (lemon verbena).

We had an excellent dinner in the main restaurant on our first visit (a Saturday). The receptionist had tipped them off that it was my birthday and they delivered my dessert complete with candle on a plate on which the chef had piped Happy Birthday in chocolate sauce. On our second visit (late on a Sunday) I had an indifferent burger in the Urban Cafe. My friend said her fish and chips were good though.

On our first visit the receptionist was charming and welcomed me back to Sofitel. On our second visit we received a rather surly welcome and a mistake with the room rate which took an age to sort out. Luckily I was able to show the receptionist their confirmation email on my iPad in order to get the correct rate.

Breakfast was very good on both occasions. The grapefruit juice tasted like it had been freshly squeezed. The eggs were nicely cooked and the bacon was lean, the sausages delicious. There was fried bread as well as the usual hash browns, baked beans, mushrooms, and grilled tomatoes. The cold offerings included fruit and yogurt.

The hotel was quiet notwithstanding its proximity to the runway.

I've stayed in all of the Gatwick on-airport hotels in recent years and this one is definitely the best both in terms of bed comfort and quality of food/service in the main restaurant. I'd suggest staying here even if you are flying from the South terminal as the shuttle station is just around the corner when you enter the North terminal from the hotel so you can easily get to the South terminal in a matter of minutes, all without going outside.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, January 31, 2014

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found our proximity to the North Terminal convenient to catch your flight. I will also ensure that your comments are passed onto our ambassadors and we will address them, where retraining needs to be considered and where praise should be given.

Bishops
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here the night before our flight and chose here for the sheer closeness to the terminal. Check in was quick and efficient and it was so easy to go to the terminal to check in our luggage the night before. Room well appointed and quiet and we got it at a discounted price. Restaurant and bar a bit pricey but to be expected. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, January 30, 2014

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and you felt that the hotels location was convenient for the check-in desks at the North Terminal.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

A great hotel for an overnight stay before a flight. So easy to walk there from the north terminal. Extremely comfortable. Found food prices high, so ate in the airport terminal itself which is just a few minutes under cover.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotels location convenient to catch your early morning flight.

Larkfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We booked a Park and Fly package deal with Holiday Extras, for staying one night at the Sofitel and eight days parking! Upon arriving at the Sofitel there was only room for four cars to pull up outside and unload luggage and with the Meet and Greet people in the way it seemed a bit congested, but we was patient and waited for a pleasant bellboy to come and help with our cases, whilst pointing me in the right direction to go and park the car!! Lovely service so far, and I had high expectations!! Drove around the car park with ease and found a space, beware the spaces are tiny, so make sure you push your mirrors in!! Upon making my way back to the Park and Fly desk I was met with Tony!! What a miserable person he was, he was so quiet and moody I had problems in hearing what he was saying! Make sure you don't have any key rings on your car key fob, because they "only want key!" He asked me what time my flight was coming home and I told him 2250 on 26th January, so he wrote down 2020! I pointed out this was wrong, but he just shrugged and mumbled something at me!! Great I thought, what excellent service, not! We took the lift to reception, and was met by Gabriella on the check in desk, what an ambassador for Sofitel, bright, cheery, and very helpful! Things were fine from then! We made our way up to room 290, lovely room, huge bed, spotless, clean bathroom! Liked the White Company bathroom freebies, first time I have come across free ear buds! Lovely deep bath, plentiful hot water! Lovely white fluffy bath sheets, you could almost wrap the towel around your body twice!! :-) We declined the food options, choosing to dine inside the North Terminal! Quick speedy check out at 10am next morning after a wonderful nights sleep! Once again we chose to take breakfast airside at North Terminal as i thought Sofitels price for breakfast was very expensive! On return from our super holiday, we was delayed by two hours, and thinking back to our run in with Tony, I was nervous of being charged an extra day as we now went into the 27th January at 0130hrs! No such problem, nice man on the desk, I forget his name, but so much more helpful than Tony! He advised that our car had not been moved and was in the same place I had left it! Brilliant!! I got our car park ticket and whilst looking at it noticed the paid charge, £252! £252 for eight days parking and a lovely stay at the Sofitel! I got a bargain paying £149, I highly recommend the Park and Fly package, superb! Just hope Tony sorts out his attitude!!

Room Tip: Standard rooms were more than adequate for us!! :-)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

I was most disappointed to hear about the difficulties you encountered upon your arrival. Your comments have been passed to our Front of House Manager, who would like to link his apologies in with mine. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Your comments have also been passed to Gabriella who has been praised for her hard work and commitment!

La Cala de Mijas, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We booked this hotel to stay for 1 night in January in order to get an early morning flight. The room was great, spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable. We had booked a family room for myself, my husband and our 10 year old daughter. Quite often when travelling with a child their bed is some rickety ´put you up bed´ which doesn´t look or feel very comfortable but her bed here was excellent - a double sofa bed which was already pulled out and made up for her when we arrived - she loved it and so did we. Bath and shower were both excellent and it was ideally situated for our flight the next day. Have stayed in the Hilton at Gatwick as well but this hotel was far nicer and would be my preference for future trips. Only criticism would be signage - we arrived off a flight at South Terminal on a cold January evening and had to find our way to the hotel at the North Terminal it took us 2 attempts before we were able to locate the hotel - so maybe some more signage so people can locate this great hotel more quickly?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this review, January 29, 2014

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and were satisfied with the standard of our family rooms.

If you have any special requests or queries prior to your next stay then please contact our Guest Relations team on h6204-gr@sofitel.com and they will be happy to assist you.

Graham Hawksworth

Been to Sofitel London Gatwick? Share your experiences!