“Good value yummy roast!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 187 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: British, English, Pub, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Langley Green. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Crawley’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Good value yummy roast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love coming here for a roast when I can not be bothered to cook one! The crackling is amazing and crispy roast potatoes! Excellent value only downfall is the yorkshire puddings they are too dry and taste of air! Staff are friendly and even gave my friend extra big plate as he looked very hungry ha!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chatham, United Kingdom
“A clean 'Toby' Restaurant With Friendly Staff and Good Food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visited the Carvery here as a stop off before proceeding to Gatwick for a flight. The restaurant is fairly large and has ample car parking available. On entering the restaurant, the appearance was of a clean interior and tastefully decorated and reasonably busy.
Our party of four asked for a table and this became available after a short wait. Our waiter (Tommy) was very friendly and informative in explaining the menu options to us and we collected our meal from the chef serving at the carvery, (I had the pork and gammon). The meal was very good with the meat cooked well and the vegetables having lots of flavour. Our waiter checked on us during the main course to ensure all was well. After the main course we ordered some desserts which were also well received.
As for most of these type of restaurants, the meal offered good value for money and being a carvery, is ideal for large appetites.
Taking into account the quality of the meal and also the service received I would consider using this restaurant again if I was in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“For hungry diners.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very busy venue. Fairly noisy and frantic. Queues for carvery which is the main offering. However, good value and the serving staff helpful and friendly

Visited October 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Leave toby alone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have to say im shocked about the amount of complaints toby is getting! Every time I go here I always get a lovely service an the food is always piping hot! Yeah sometimes theres a wait on a sunday but how can that be helped! Everyone loves a roast on a sunday!
People need to stop moaning an just appreciate the effort the staff are doing, I found all staff very cheery, always on the ball, even when the bar gets busy they still make u feel welcome!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Busy but Cheap!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

If your willing to wait for an hour or more as we did then for the price you cant complain too much!................. Having said that, I only eat the vegetables and they had run out of two of them and were not replaced by the time I had my meal.
The service......... slow! Yes they are busy, but standing and chatting to each other for long periods, ignoring customers only makes it worse.
Also had to wait 20 mins to pay!

• Visited September 2013