“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been here a few times now but it is not the best buffet I have been to. Its ok for eating as much as you like but I never eat my money's worth as it is a bit boring. Each time we have been the menu is the same.. We only go about every 6mths to 1yr with friends and is ok for large groups. The desserts are horrible except for the pancakes! No doubt we will go again with a large group of friends but wouldnt go for a special meal out.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

West Sussex
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We love going here! We go about once a month. It's great for us as a family as we all like different foods. They have everything from pizza, salad & chips to Indian, Chinese & Thai! The desserts are lovely too, pancakes & an ice cream machine. The staff are friendly. One thing that would make it better was refillable drinks. We usually go at 5pm just as it opens & we have never had any problem with any dishes being not hot like some others have said.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marmaris, Turkey
“.lovely evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have eaten here several times and personally I cannot fault the food or the service, I took my hubby for a meal here on Sunday, but we didn't arrive in the restaurant till 9.15pm, as usual we were greeted by friendly welcoming staff who couldn't do enough to make our evening enjoyable. The food was tasty and the variety was vast.. We sampled everything from Chillis, curry s, salads, sushi, and off course the delishous desserts.. We left feeling very full.. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone from adults to children.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“It was all pretty boring.. however, Service and desserts were great!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The only good thing about this restaurant was the service and desserts. I'm not a hard person to please but the dishes were cold, a bunch were missing and everything tasted really bland. The service was great, though.. everyone was really friendly.. well, except the woman at reception who was very rude because we were a few minutes early for our reservation. I said we were more then happy to sit and wait.. just happened to get there early.. and she just walked off. :P The desserts were incredible.. so much choice and everything was yummy!! We did book in on Valentines Day, so maybe it was just really busy for them and that's why it wasn't great.. I dunno.. but I wouldn't go again. It just wasn't worth the money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Crawley
“Bit disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had been told we would have a wonderful meal at Charlie Choys in Crawley.
However we were rather disappointed for the following reasons :-

1. For some reason awful, awful loud music was playing all the time we were there; (Conversation difficult).
2. Virtually all the starter dishes were not hot;
3. The fish fingers were tough and virtually inedible;
4. Deep fried pork pieces were so chewy and unpleasant that I could not eat them;
5. I asked for biryani sauce and was shown a bowl of white, what looked like natural yoghurt with green pieces floating in it - surely biryani sauce should be brown?;
6. Bread was dry and difficult to chew;
7.. Fruit custard and ice cream very nice.

In conclusion not really very good value for money - would be reluctant to recommend Charlie Choy to others.

• Visited April 2013