“OK food quality - needs more attentive staff” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 187 Restaurants in Crawley
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“OK food quality - needs more attentive staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited Frankie & Benny’s on a busy Saturday with another family. The restaurant wasn’t so busy, and we were shown to our table by the friendly waiter.

Located near the cinema and bowling lanes there is plenty of parking. I’m not sure about other reviews of the restaurant being dirty, my experience was that it was fine, with the table, and more importantly the cutlery being clean.

The food style is mainly Italian and American, and food arrived quickly with a good selection of small portions children, an intermediate size for older children and adults. The food was good quality and as expected for this type of restaurant, and nicely presented, the refills which come with the children’s menu are a nice touch.

We had to wait around 10 minutes after receiving our bill for the staff to actually check on us for us to then be able to pay, but with it being afternoon there was no urgency to prepare the table for the next customers - although we were keen to leave!

There is a lot of choice in the nearby area to eat, TGIs, Nandos, Chiquitos etc, but Frankie & Benny’s is worth considering, only let down by the attentiveness of the table staff.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

United Kingdom
“average food, spotty service, bad hygiene.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm not the biggest fan of Frankie and Benny's as it is, I've experienced their poor service and very poor food in other chains but tried this branch while I was waiting for a long flight. I went for the breakfast menu and had a bacon bagel with egg and cheese in, which came with chips. Not bad and a pretty good price with a drink (under £10) considering this is an airport and one of few 'proper' restaurant eateries after security in the south terminal. The service was reasonable but I saw many around me grumbling about various things. The knives they provided were honestly the tiniest thing I've ever seen, really quite bizarre. The staff seemed disinterested and weirdly, everything was a bit sticky and stuff was leaking from the ceiling. Great views of planes to keep spotters or kids happy but extremely mediocre dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“pass me the bucket !!! blleeeuuugghhh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

WOW

Where do i start......Bad service, poor food, overcharged on the bill - don't go here!

-Poor customer service
-Ridiculous waiting times
-Terribly tasting food
-Insects on the tables and floors
-All round poor hygiene
-Cruddy staff

Visited this place because Nando's was full.....to be honest, that's the only reason people do visit this place anymore i think. Customer service is terrible on a grand scale, the manager was rude to both staff and potential customers. The staff and restaurant also looked filthy.

AVOID

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ulster
“Dissapointing start to our Holiday at F&B's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently had breakfast in Frankie & Bennys as we set off on our recent summer holiday. Ordered breakfast for our family of 5- service was extremely slow for us whilst all the tables around us were served . I ordered Porridge with cinnamon and walnuts along with childrens breakfasts and a full English. after enquiring on the delay we were served stone cold food and French toast instead of my porridge. We returned the cold items and they were replaced however I was advised the porridge would take a while so I agreed to take the French toast as we were concerned we would be late for boarding at this stage. I was disgusted to learn when we got the bill that they had charged me for the French toast which was more than the porridge. Very poor service and lack of attention to detail. This experience has ruined my love of Frankie & Benny's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Don't go here!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to Frankie and Benny's in Crawley last night and it was terrible! I've been to another one in Southampton and it was lovely with excellent service! However yesterday was a severe let down! To start off with we got sat down offered a drink and if we wanted dough balls, in which we accepted. We got our drinks and dough balls in good time, however after this it all went downhill. When we had finished our dough balls, I ordered a glass of water, when they bought this over they didn't take our empty doughball plate away or my previously drinking glass. About 3 people walked past us and didn't batter an eyelid. Eventually the lady came over to take our order, and she took our plates and glasses away. When our food arrived my boyfriend had ordered a Chicken Carbonara which they said was covered in Chicken, when really there was hardly any! He also said it didn't taste of anything. My food came out and it looked lovely. I cut my burger in half ate one half and was taking the gherkins out of the other half when I saw a black hair in the middle of my burger!!! I was disgusted by this. It took me a good 10 minutes to even get the attention of one of the waiters or who seemed to be the manager. When he came over and I told him what I had found he didn't even look at me and just took my food and my boyfriends dinner away, (even though my boyfriend hadn't even finished his) he said sorry, made no eye contact at all. I asked for the bill, and he had taken my dinner off the bill in fairness. When we came to pay our bill was still £20.30. Which for such poor service is still way to much for food with no flavour! I'm not one to usually complain but this was utterly ridiculous. Even when I was paying my bill I didn't get another apology and he didn't even explain to me that he had taken my dinner off of our food bill. All in all it was a terrible experience! Next time ill stick to nandos!

• Visited July 2013