“could do with a pony and trap” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Crabbet Park, Turners Hill Road, Worth, Crawley RH10 4ST, England (Formerly Gatwick Worth Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Crawley
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“could do with a pony and trap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice hotel I was Upgraded to executive suite and was given a parking and breakfast saver for the three nights. the hotel is pretty remote and right next to the M23. the girl on reception was very helpful telling me where the nearest restaurant/bar was not too far away but means negotiating the unlit road from the hotel to the main road with no footpath. Breakfast was a typical HI. The room I was in was quite but quite cold as the air conditioning only works when there is a card in also the window was wide open on the quite chilly night . If price is right I will stay again. there is a bus to Gatwick airport, and also any turf racing fans would appreciate the location next to an ex famous stud stable. I did venture for the bus to Crawley, where there is a nice square but be warned the bus operative didn't seem to know little English and I ended up walking from the 3 bridges. In summer I would like to stay here.

Room Tip: Stephanie the receptionist is very helpful and is acquainted with the area. Rooms at back are quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review - I am pleased to see you liked our newly refurbished executive suite and that you were able to take advantage of some of the many saver packages we have on offer. Always remember to book direct to get our best rates! See you soon.

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked a dine,park & stay package before flying from Gatwick. We were somewhat apprehensive as our last couple of stays with this hotel chain had proved to be very disappointing, and poor value for money.
However, on arrival, the welcome and effciency of the staff, began to allay our fears. Our room was very comfortable, and pleasantly decorated. Our restaurant meal was from the set menu, and proved good vaue and offered a good selection of foods, the restaurant staff were very pleasant, attentive and efficient, as was the cooked breakfast the following day. In fact we were so impressed that prior to departure, we booked a further nights stay on our return from holiday. The hotel location is approx 20 mins from the airport, and is well served by the shuttle buses. The only complaint we had was about this service, as the bus driver, left the airport prior to the designated time on the timetable, and returned later than the scheduled time, resulting in us spending 1 hour & 15 mins in the cold damp evening prior to returning to the hotel. However this complaint has nothing to do with the hotel and is beyond their control. We will certainly use this hotel again, just wish other hotels in this chain were as nice and as comfortable.

Room Tip: Hotel is situated in a semi rural location and so there is no problem with noise from aircraft or ad...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us, I was delighted to learn of your satisfaction!
Please be assured that I have since past over your concerns regarding the bus service to the appropriate parties to ensure that this does not repeat.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Wishes,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here one night before our holiday, The hotel is well situated for the airport and very clean, but their food and drinks prices are way over the top, over £4 a pint and a burger and chips was around £11 and it was just an average burger nothing special, I wont return to this hotel again as I don't like being ripped off

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LauraEggletonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback to help us enhance the service we are offering.
I was pleased to learn you found the hotel to be clean and well located for the airport.
With reference to your comments relating to the cost of the food and drink offered at the hotel, I was sorry to learn you felt you were being ripped off. Our drinks prices are checked against our competitors to ensure we are offering drinks at comparible prices and our best selling burgers are made fresh in house with local beef from our award winning butcher.
I do apologise that this was not suited to you budgets however there are many other options on our menu along with our super saver packages to suit all budgets.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Laura Eggleton
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before a flight from Gatwick. We booked a family room and there were two adults and two children.

I had been looking for a clean and well presented hotel to spend the night before our 6am departure for Gatwick. We also required an evening meal suitable for the children and a bar for a couple of pre bed drinks for me!

This hotel certainly provided what I was looking for. The hotel is either new or recently refurbished and the fittings are of a very high quality. Everything was clean and new. The family room was spacious with two large double beds.

The quality of our evening meal was also very good and there were a number of dishes for the children to pick from. I was able to have a couple of quiet drinks in the bar before bed.

I have rated the hotel as "very good" rather than "excellent" for a couple of fairly minor reasons. Firstly the food and drinks were pricey. I am used to paying a bit more at a hotel but the bar in particular seemed expensive. Secondly on top of our room rate we were required to pay £10 for 12 hours of parking. This again seemed rather expensive and I'm not sure why the cost is added as a separate charge. To me it doesn't seem unreasonable to park outside a hotel at which one is staying an expect this cost to be included in the price. Thirdly, at check out the manager on duty did not seem to know what he was doing and kept forgetting where he had got to in the check out process. Finally, as with a number of modern chain/franchise type hotels, the hotel was rather sterile and lacked some atmosphere.

Nonetheless I would be happy to stay at the property again - I would just need to factor the cost of parking and food drinks into the overall cost calculation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to hear that you found our newly refurbished hotel comfortable and modern!
With reference to our pricing, please do ask at reception about our super savour packages that have been implemented during your next stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you soon!

Best Wishes,

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

i booked this hotel through APH Airport parking including 1 night stay with this hotel. i prepaid for the full amount including breakfast for 2 people. on arriving at the hotel it is absoutely immaculate -spacious, clean, friendly feel, just what you need after an extremley long drive.

on arriving at reception i presented my documents with booking number and i was told that i had to pay an extra £10 to park in the hotel for the 1 night before heading off the next day to airport parking. The documentation clearly stated that parking at the hotel was free for the 1 night. i questioned this and was told that there was an error and that to park at the hotel i had to pay £10. i presented my documentation again to clearly show what i had included in the price and again i was told PAY £10.

clearly being already very tired from driving and not very happy with this i was offered half price parking which i reluctantly agreed to because this was becoming a bad start to my holiday and we hadnt even left the country yet! so fine, i paid the £5

i was then asked at reception if i would like to use the restaurant facilities for drinks & dinner -we said yes that would be nice, the receptionist (he) asked if i would like to set up a tab and i said okay to that.

the receptionist took my card and gave me the card machine that requested me to pre pay £30!!? i said what is this £30 for? he said you can use our facilities with pre-payment of £30
i said i thought i was paying you now for £5 for parking? he said yes and we can take £25 as pre payment for use of the bar & restaurant.

to me this is not a normal process of setting up a tab -i felt as if they didnt trust me and had to take a pre payment -i was not happy with this knowing that i was not going to spend up to £25 in their bar/restaurant and i said no that i am not happy with this either.

i was then offered complimentary breakfast for 2- well i had actually already PAID for breakfast so this was no use or extra to us!

not sure if i would stay here again - this hotel clearly needs to sort out its parking 'error' issue with APH to avoid this happening again to customers in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I was pleased to learn you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.
With reference to your comments relating to the overnight car parking charge, please be assured that I have since spoken with the appropriate parties to ensure that this does not repeat in the future and that all guests are made fully aware of additional costs before arrival.
I do apologise that there was some confusion with regards the pre-authorisation we request on check in, this is a standard procedure that enables our guests to bill items to their rooms. I have since spoken with the team to ensure sure that this is being explained in detail on arrival.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Not as close to Gatwick as you would hope if you are looking for an early check out!... the bus goes to other hotels afterwards, and to be honest the price difference between the hotels certainly did not make up for the extra 30 minutes you could have in bed had you gone to the later hotels.everything else was up to normal Holiday Inn standards, which is actually quite good

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

A fantastic hotel for the business person, quality of rooms is immediately apparent on entering, (no compromise of quality even though this could be said as an airport hotel !)
The staff are extremely courteous and their welcome is very friendly.
Rooms are perfect from a businessperson point of view, good desk and chair and very acceptable WI-Fi that really does work.
Food in bar and restaurant is of good quality and reasonable priced.
For the fit at heart there is a great gym next door which the hotel has discount entrance tickets for.
I highly recommend this hotel as a fequent businessman, but also can see the beneift from the holidaymaker.

Room Tip: ALl good no problems
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We are an ideal hotel for both business and leisure guests alike and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Operations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth? Share your experiences!