“Absolutely Vile, Vile, Vile - puke” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Crawley Gatwick

Save Saved
You added Ramada Crawley Gatwick to your Saves list
Ramada Crawley Gatwick
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Crawley RH10 1BS, England (Formerly The George Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #25 of 27 hotels in Crawley
Perth
“Absolutely Vile, Vile, Vile - puke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

I booked this "hotel" in a rather rushed, busy internet cafe whilst visiting london therefore I didnt have time to do the usual checks on trusty trip advisor. OH MY GOD!!! I really should have taken the 5 mins to see all the reviews. Disgusting. It is by far the vilest place I have EVER had the "pleasure" of staying. Like similar reviewers, the pics looked lovely......oh how the camera lies! Although the grotty, disgusting (stained furniture, carpets and bathroom...yuk) room was bad enough the service is by far the worst I have ever experienced. When we initially arrived at the "hotel" we were greeted (or rather grunted) by a person on reception who barely looked at us. However, the final straw that broke the camels back was when we had come back to the "hotel" after a lovely meal (out) and decided to have a drink in the bar (it was the only way either of us would sleep in the filth) we were told by the "barman" it was too much "hassle" to get us a drink. As it was after 11pm he could not take cash and to use our room charge card would require too much paperwork for him. My husband and I both have rather subdued temprements, however the point where I thought physical violence was only a heartbeat away came when the "barman" shouted that as we booked through last minute and therefore didnt use our credit card direct with the hotel he was unable to charge the drinks to the room. He then asked my husband to go to reception and pay the £5.30 for the two drinks in order for him to serve us. Charming.

I pleed with you to ignore any positive comments on this hotel - I can only presume it is the hotel owners, staff etc as I cannot possibly understand why anyone would have a good word to say. Disgusting.

• Stayed June 2006

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

I had booked this Old Carriage House from a company on-line called Super Break. At first I thought I had gotten a bargin but when I had gotten there, "Boy was I ever WRONG!" This hotel/Bed and Breakfast was nothing like the pictures on-line. It was in desparate need for repairs everywhere. When we arrived it was early in the day (11:30 am) and we had just gotten off of a very long flight from Orlando, FL. I did in a note to the Inn tell them that I would be in early and would need my room ready for us to go to sleep (this is why I booked so close to Gatewick; but to my dismay we were told that there was not ONE room ready for us, so I slept in my car out in the parking lot). The ad told us that this was an Old carriage house that was one of Brittan's famous "haughted" hotels (this is what drew us in), but the only thing that was scary about this place was that fact that you were paying for a room that was to enclude breakfast but didn't! The phone didn't work in the room, neither did the shower (this was very important as I was in desparate need of one). The parking was simple to say the least and I soon found out later on that the area was very questionable (a lot of theft). Forget finding a decent place to eat...oh but you can visit the local grocery store, which took up 1/2 of the town alone. The staff was very nice and that is the only thing I can say good about this establishment.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Ramada Crawley Gatwick? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Crawley Gatwick

Address: High Street, Crawley RH10 1BS, England (Formerly The George Hotel)
Location: United Kingdom > England > West Sussex > Crawley
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service
Ranked #25 of 27 hotels in Crawley
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Crawley Gatwick 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Ramada Crawley Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Crawley Gatwick Hotel Crawley
George Hotel Crawley

If you own or manage Ramada Crawley Gatwick, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.