“Sleep,park and fly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Crawley
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Sleep,park and fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Used this hotel for one night including weeks parking during our holiday and would recommend although taking a torch would be a benefit as parking areas are not fantastically lit. The hotel itself has nice large rooms, indoor pool and limited menu available in the bar although wider choice in the restaurant with a good value 3 course option available. The bus service is cheaper than a taxi ride and the driver was very helpful with our luggage. Booked through holiday extras we paid much less than the room rate advertised in the hotel and parked for a week as well although some confusion when we arrived that our reservation had been cancelled however this was soon resolved by the reception manager. We had bar meals in the evening we arrived which were adequate and didnt have breakfast as we had a very early check in the next day

Room Tip: Well heated room meant we had to open the door even in January however the ground floor meant we cou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were pleased you were satisfied with your stay and parking on this occasion. We hope you will consider booking the Europa next time you go away on holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
East Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Accommodation with parking was very reasonably priced, and the return fare to the airport is a mere £5 (unlike the £20 return taxi fare required at many hotels). Yes, the hotel has seen better days, and you may end up parking at the end of a muddy track, but my room was clean, warm and spacious and I had a very good night's sleep. Staff were consistently courteous, and the buffet dinner was unspectacular but reasonably priced and available until 9.45 pm. If you are not seeking glamour but just an inexpensive stay before flying out of Gatwick, then this is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It was pleasing to read you found our hotel suitable for your requirements and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Northampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My family stayed here before travelling to Egypt as my Dad has recommended the place as reasonable. We paid around £48 for an overnight stay and 10 nights parking which is a steal. But then you get what you pay for because there were no car parking spaces available. My in laws ended up having a row about it when they arrived and my partner and I weren't far off the same. It was very stressful and it was clear this hotel takes booking after booking with no real concern for where anybody is going to park. It took over an hour for my partner to get a space and it just isn't on. The advice reception gave us what to just keep driving around and people come and go all the time. Simply it wasn't good enough. Our room was like something out of the shining, but this must have been because we got their late because my in laws room was in another part of the hotel and it was lovely. I know we didn't pay a lot but I expected there to be parking, I can cope with a bad hotel room but not after car park-gate. Next time I will pay more and actually get a service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. We were sorry to read you and your family encountered problems with the car park. Obviously we are not sure when you stayed but if it had been on a Friday/Saturday night, there would have been functions taking place at the hotel and the car park would have been busier than usual. We do monitor the car park and work closely with our bookings office to ensure we are not over booked.
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hotel is worth every penny I've paid .Room was a good size,good choice of buffet meals.100% I would stay here again, however I wish they can train staff more to be polite especially lady Monika behind the Bar very rude and abrupt. I've asked her to change my order she refused it .Nonsense!

Room Tip: Worth every penny!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were delighted to read you were happy with the hotel. However, we are sorry for any lack of customer care you experienced at the Bar. We will certainly address this issue and hope you will not have cause for concern next time you stay.
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

At just £58 for a twin room for two people and 2 weeks car parking, you can hardly complain. The hotel foyer was nice and the reception was well manned and the staff was polite. We found our room easily, and the room was basic but not too bad. The bathroom could have done with a little more cleaning but the beds were reasonably comfortable and there was not too much noise. DO NOT request a smoking room even if you do smoke as the smell was really awful, all the curtains and linen was tar stained and there was a general lack of air.

My car was well looked after and it was in a safe place. The transfers to Gatwick were on time, quick and a reasonable price.

Stay at this hotel if your off on holiday the next day, but not for more than one night!

Room Tip: do not choose a smoking room even if you smoke, its worth the walk to the main enterance!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We were pleased to read you were satisfied with your one night stay with parking. We hope you will choose us again when organising your next holiday.
Hertfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Beds uncomfortable, cigarette ash on the carpet plus loads of burn marks, rooms smelly, sheets stained, stayed in January & room/bar were freezing as heating not switched on until 4pm. Leather sofas by reception need throwing away as no leather left on them. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We were sorry to read you were unhappy during your time with us. Your comments will be discussed at our weekly management meeting in an effort to iron out the problems as they arise.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Booked through Gatwick reservations some weeks before our stay. 6 days before we were told we were being moved to the Russ Hill.
When I asked for partail refund as they are not comparable I was told to take the swap for same price or cancel.
When I complained and said I would be making my concerns public I was told they could miraculously fit me in again, sounds like they were trying to relet my room for more money at short notice to me.
Would never use them again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. We were sorry to read your booking was to be transferred to our sister hotel. The reason for this was due to the fact that we were over booked on our car parking packages and we had to out book a number of reservations to our sister hotel to ensure all guests were accommodated. Although your booking was not moved to the Russ Hill in the end, we are sorry to read you will not be returning to the Europa in future.

Been to Europa Gatwick? Share your experiences!