“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley

You added Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Haslett Avenue East, The Squareabout Crawley, Crawley RH10 1UA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great location. I picked up the bus just across the road from the hotel to go to Gatwick. Spacious, comfortable & very clean room. Great value for money including breakfast, Very friendly & helpful staff. Pleasant stay before my holiday. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
Hatting, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have now just come back from my third stay here so would like to add my comments.
I use this hotel as more than a stopover as generally come for 4-5 days, normally with my son, once with husband and both sons too. I always book through booking.com and the price is same for room with sofa bed and double as it is for a double so have always taken that option as my son wriggles so much, and each time the hotel have given me exactly the room type booked.
My main reasons for staying here are 1) Location 2) Breakfast is included, but after staying few times it is now out of habit and because I always recieve good service.
Rooms spacious, clean and quiet. Tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer. Clean and modern bathroom. (just missing mini bar/fridge in room)
First contact reception staff - always friendly, great with my son and always try to help.
Housekeeping staff - subtle, friendly and not knocking on your door at 7am like some airport hotels.
Breakfast staff - Quick at keeping everything cleared, replenished, very friendly and helpful all of them.
It has the proximity of an airport hotel accessed in 10 mins with no.20 bus from outside (this bus also stops at large tesco superstore) runs every 20 mins, the town centre nearby is a 15 min walk or catch no. 4/5 bus.
It has facilities of an airport hotel storing luggage if arriving early or checked out but leaving later, free wi-fi througout your stay (I had 2 devices connected but pretty sure unrestricted) without additional cost.
There are a couple of vending machines, ice machine, a bar with seating or can also take drinks to room. (does slightly lack atmosphere in bar) There is a harvester next door too offering good value food and drink, tables can be booked for dinner.
Overall highly recommended both as a stopover and/or for longer will continue to stay there as long as prices stay low.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Management T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

Firstly, thank you for providing other Tripadvisor members with such a fantastically detailed review and I am absolutely certain that many people looking at this page will find this particularly helpful. Secondly, I am thrilled that you enjoyed so many aspects with your stay, particularly that you found all the staff that you encountered to be friendly as it always give me such great pleasure to share such lovely feedback with the team. Finally, I am delighted to read that your bookings have always been hassle free and this is exactly the sort of service we aim to deliver to all our valued guests, such as yourself.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and subsequently scoring us 5 out of 5. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

2 of us stayed before our flight ,staff were welcoming and friendly . The room was clean and had a great shower .only one niggle the bed was two soft and needed a better mattress . There is no shuttle to the airport but bus stop over the road and train 10 minutes walk. We would stay again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Handy location and free parking and Harvester right next door. We came here for an overnight stay before a flight. It is a very short drive to Gatwick and easy to locate. The room was very spacious and very plush and a bargain at only £60! The bathroom was again very modern and shower was powerful and roomy. There was free shower gel/soap and extras available on request if you forget anything (as my partner did!). The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. Breakfast was a good selection of hot food and continental and was served from 6.30.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ellebtn,

I am delighted that you found the room to be spacious and comfortable and that you found our hotel to be in a handy location for your needs. As your review quite rightly mentions, we are just a short distance from Gatwick airport and parking is included for the duration of your stay on all of our rates.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for subsequently scoring us 5 out of 5. We hope that you had a safe onward journey and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Selby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels in the past and been very happy I was disappointed with this one. The staff were not very inviting and stunk of stale smoke. My room was very cold and even after a two night stay I could not get the room warm. The breakfast was very unappetising, and the coffee and tea did not taste much like coffee and tea. I will not be staying again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jojo2527,

While I am pleased that you had selected our hotel for your accommodation requirements, I am very disappointed that you had a bad experience and subsequently did not enjoy your stay. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise about the issues that you experienced the air-conditioning to be faulty and rest assured I will be passing this feedback to our maintenance team.

I am especially disappointed to read the feedback regarding the staff as I am sure you can see on so many other reviews that the team normally receive such excellent feedback. However on this occasion this was not the case and I will certainly pass this feedback to the team.

Customer service is at an utmost importance to myself and the team and I would be most grateful if you could contact me on deputygm@hiexpresscrawley.co.uk so that I can discuss your review in more detail and have the opportunity to hopefully fully restore your faith in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for sharing some very valuable feedback and I sincerely apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Katie Kitapci
Deputy General Manager
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first visit to the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick - Crawley. Two friends & I were attending an evening performance at the nearby Hawth Theatre (see separate review), & instead of driving home, we decided to spend the night here.

The hotel was easy to find & has plenty of free, on-site, car parking spaces for guests. Its location, close to the town centre, affords easy access to the nearby Three Bridges Railway Station, around a ten minute walk away, & The Hawth Theatre is about a five minute walk.

Our arrival at the hotel was met with a warm welcome from Jack, at reception. He swiftly checked us in to our rooms, explained about the complimentary WiFi & acknowledged my Gold IHG frequent guest status.(which was a very nice touch). We were given our room keys & internet access code. I did leave a pre-authorized credit card imprint for incidentals.

Jack's very positive attitude & actions made us all feel welcome & our business appreciated; something we will not forget.

We were soon in our rooms on the third floor, which on first appearance were well maintained & spotless. They were warm & inviting & with well-insulated windows, very quiet, keeping out unwanted outside noise. The beds were extremely comfortable & afforded a great night's sleep.

Rooms include tea/coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board & a hairdryer. Bathrooms come with showers, rather than baths, which for me, is perfect.

The hotel has a bar in the reception/lounge area, which has sensibly priced drinks. Whilst there is no restaurant, snacks can be purchased, & takeaway menus are available. There is a Harvester Restaurant on the hotel grounds (see separate review), which, if you can get a table (no fault whatsoever of the Holiday Inn Express), all well & good.

Included in all room rates is a self-service buffet breakfast, which offers a continental affair, together with scrambled eggs, baked beans & sausages. It adequately serves its purpose.

Having come in to contact with many members of the hotel team, I am very impressed by the positive & enthusiastic approach to guests. Their attitude is great & puts many higher grade hotels to shame.

All in all, this is the perfect hotel if Crawley is your destination, or as a sensibly priced alternative to a pre or post-flight stop-over, being about four miles away from Gatwick Airport.

This hotel ticks all the boxes & more than serves its purpose. It's well-maintained rooms & seating area makes this a definite "repeat stay" hotel, especially as prices are often excellent.

Well done to all staff members, you should be very proud of your very high standards of service.

I'd not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone & I will return the next time I'm seeing something at The Hawth Theatre (see separate review).

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here many times and it is my first choice when staying in Crawley. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff always do their very best to make you feel comfortable and at home. I cannot rate them highly enough and they are always my first port of call on business or leisure.

Room Tip: The new refurbished rooms are excellent
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Management T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear EnidO,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am thrilled that once again you found our hotel to be excellent and it makes myself and the team very proud that our hotel is your first choice when you are staying in the Crawley area. We do have a fantastic team at this hotel who work extremely hard to deliver the best possible service to our valued guests, such as yourself and I am so happy to see the teams hard work to be reflected in such a fantastic review.

Once again thank you for some fantastic feedback and I hope that you will continue to use our hotel so that we can continue to deliver the same high quality service that you have experienced so far.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley? Share your experiences!