Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Telford
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
hereford
“Lovely waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Called in for a quick breakfast. Excellent menu choice, amazing breakfast selection for £5 plus all drinks were unlimited. We had a wonderful waitress, she was very polite, friendly & professional. Always love a visit to the toilet in a Frankie & Benny's for a quick Italian lesson!! Will definitely use again when in the area

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Just what we wanted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I ate here this evening with my best friend and had a brilliant evening. We shared starters of dough balls and chicken strips which were both really yummy and kept us occupied untill our calorie packed amazing mains! My friend had a veggie pizza that she loved and my New Yorker calzone was as scrumptious as ever! We finished with an Eton mess sundae that was sharing size which we were fighting with spoons over! Our waiter Marcus was a legend. We have been served by him before and as a waitress myself feel he made our evening with friendly banter and good recommendations. We will be back as always probably within a week hoping that Marcus is there to complete our evening! #addicted

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Large plates with small portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Quite a busy place, Staff are quite helpful and pleasant. Food comes a large plate to make it look a bigger meal when it is a smaller meal you get! Kids meal over cooked . When dessert arrived one spoonful and it's gone - Cherry pie high £ for desserts
. Meals are turned fast too fast! Cooked or pre_made or frozen!
Staff are average and polite.We had £7 knocked off the bill when meal was over cooked.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I'm a big fan of F&B, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I found the experience at Telford to be poor. Seated very quickly, and although quite early (before 17:00) the place was moderately busy.

After being shown to my seat, a drink order was taken but didn't arrive. Another waitress took my food order and also got me a drink. Food arrived quickly, and the starter of blue cheese mushrooms was superb.

The main of BBQ burger was okay, but the bacon tasted as though it had been sat for a while then just put on the next available item - kind of hard and chewy. Not the usual standard.

I also ordered a side of onion rings, but these didn't turn up until I asked for them.

Ordering from the specials menu which was £10.95 for 2 courses and very good value. Drinks were a touch more expensive, but about average for this class of restaurant.

Asked for the bill, and was left with it for some time. I ended up going to the reception area and loitering there for a bit until someone came over (could easily have walked out though) and let me pay.

Quite a lot of staff working, and they seemed attentive to most customers, but rather than doing the rounds when not busy they tended to stick together and chat. I had to wait for some time to get my drink, missing onion rings and then got bored while waiting to pay.

As always at Frankie and Benny's, there was a good atmosphere with subdued lighting, and classic rock and roll tracks played at a modest volume but the food was below par and the service was pretty terrible.

I'll no doubt go back again, as I generally like the menu and experience, so I'm hoping this was a one off substandard experience. Hopefully a manager will read and look to improve but I doubt it as a little bit of management could have ensured a 5 star rating here rather than 2. If others have a similar experience then I doubt there will be much repeat business.

Shame.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shrewsbury
“Fast and attentive service - noisy atmosphere and small car park.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Unfortunately when we arrive at the restaurant the small car park was full and we had to park in the nearby shopping centre. If was very busy, but we were shown to our table and seated quickly. Once we had ordered our food it was served quickly and was very enjoyable.

The only downside was the noise - probably because the place was packed there was a horrendous din and you had to shout to be heard. Not recommended for a quiet meal!

Food and services was great - will hopefully be back at a less busy time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Telford also viewed

Ironbridge, Ironbridge Gorge

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Telford? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Telford, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.