“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hertfordshire
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights at a cost of £40 per night not including breakfast. Room was clean but beds could do with replacing. Breakfast was disappointing, selection of continental food was quite poor, fried eggs left a long time on the hot plate and therefore dried out. However, the bar meals were very good and well presented. Staff were very helpful. Location was excellent for touring round the area and parking was free. We would go to this hotel again but perhaps go somewhere else for breakfast.

Room Tip: We were quite a long way from the lift so if you have disability problems it may be better to advise...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
mel s, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford/Ironbridge, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor, I was disappointed to read that you had two issues during your stay and to rectify this please could I ask you to contact me with the following information which bedroom did you stay in and what time did you both go for breakfast?

Its very important at Ramada Telford that we review our customer feed back and action issues that may cause disappointed during your stay. But on a positive note you enjoyed our bar food and Ramada has good access to the M54 and historical places in Shropshire.

I look forward to hearing from and do hope you come back and visit us.

Regards

Ramada Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hereford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just back from two nights here, which we used as a base for the Ironbridge Museums (Blists Hill is highly recommended). The staff were excellent (they all seemed happy, which speaks volumes for how they are trained and managed), the restaurant food was amazing value for money (Mains starting at £7.50) and food was very good quality. Our room was a standard room and adequate with pleasant views over well manicured lawns. Telford shopping centre is a 5 minute walk without having to pay shopping centre car park charges.
Any negatives? Not many. Newspaper didn't arrive on first morning. A couple of items not available on menu on second night. Bed mattress not the comfiest but overall experience was very positive. We would definitely use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the gardens, not the main road
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
An excellent review and thank you for your comments, I am very lucky with my team at Ramada who do really care on your experience during your stay. Plus if they can help you in any way I know that they will and if they can't they will go and find the info you require.
I will pass on your comments to our team and thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Telford to visit some more of our beautiful countryside.

Ramada Team
Middlewich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Just returned after a one night stay with my partner for her birthday, from arriving to leaving the whole stay was brilliant and every one there worked so hard . We was up graded upon arrival to a suite in 109 and this room was massive, they even went out there way to leave a card for my partner in her room wishing her happy birthday , the hotel is spotless clean and all rooms refurb and looking nice and very modern . We used the pool and this was lovely and warm, I would recommend anyone to stay here one of the best hotels we have stayed in by far in the uk. Very close to shopping areas also . Thank you all at the remada for making us feel so welcome and looking after us .

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
mel s, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford/Ironbridge, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hello Darren O Best wishes to your partner who celebrated her birthday with us, thank you for an excellent review and recommending us to your friends and family.
I will pass on your thanks to the team and we hope to see you both again in 2014.

Ramada Hotel.
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked a stay at this hotel at the end of 2013 with a special deal and found the hotel located in an area very easy to find, and very well located for various attractions, notably Ironbridge.

The hotel itself is really lovely, very nice decor, good public areas and the bedroom I was allocated on the lower floor was very well equipped, even had a iron and ironing board in the wardrobe, bathroom was lovely, and the room was very clean

The staff were all helpful and friendly, from reception to breakfast staff, and you couldnt ask for more

The negative point and why I only gave the hotel a 3 star average rating is the noise from guests. I go to bed at a normal sensible time, ( after 11 pm ) and was woken 3 or 4 times in the night by people walking down the corridor past the room talking loudly enough to wake me up, slamming doors I assume bedroom doors because I tried to slam the corridor fire doors and found it almost impossible.

I have no idea what times I was woken up, far to tired to try and look at the time, but the noise level just isnt acceptable to me, and had the hotel been a Premier Inn with the sleep well promise, I would have been asking for my money back

I know the hotel cant control (within reason) who stays and how much noise they make but it was such a shame and made the stay at such a good hotel a very poor experience, so much so, that I doubt I would ever stay there again, and I couldnt recommend the hotel

Room Tip: I found the noise from hotel guests at night totally unacceptable maybe dont stay on the lowest floo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank for taking the time to post a review for Ramada Telford. Please accept my apologies for my guests who were late back and banging their bedroom doors and disturbed your sleep, we are currently looking into this issue which we will resolve shortly. But on a positive note great location for visiting Ironbridge and our hotel rooms are clean and modern.

We do hope you will return in 2014 and visit the new Southwater development which has some exciting venues.

Shipston on Stour, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our room was on the top floor (which meant a perilous sloping ceiling) and at the road side of the hotel - traffic noise all night. The only things lacking in the room were a heated towel rail and a make up mirror at the dressing table. That disposes of the niggles. The room was beautifully clean and a the bathroom luxurious . The room appeared to be newly refurbished. Check in was efficient, jolly and friendly: this sums up all the staff, everyone of whom appeared determined we should enjoy ourselves. Breakfasts were fine and outstanding gluten free bread produced for my wife. We only had bar snacks (tasty, well priced and different). On one night the fishcakes were not available but the barman produced the restaurant menu on which he had found a close alternative which was excellent. The $100 is would you go again: the answer is "Yes we would and cannot wait".

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello ellgee1943 Thank you for your honest and also positive review of our hotel. We do have heated towel rails in our bathrooms but I agree turning them on is abit of a challenge and we need to have better signage for guests to be able to turn them on.
I have said before I am very lucky to have such hard working and caring friendly staff who do ask the question if you are enjoying your stay.
Plus my Head Chef Matt is always looking at different food concepts to keep all our guests trying his food and he will even come out and speak with you if you don't like our menu choices.

We look forward to your return and hopefully see you both very soon.

Regards

skegness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights, the service was excellent. The hotel is clean and well laid out. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Our visit was made all the more enjoyable by having such a good hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your five star review and that you found our hotel an excellent place to stay. We hope you will return to visit us very soon from Skegness and bring some sunny weather please?

Ramada Hotel
Neath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night as we were attending a conference in the hotel opposite which was full. It's a very clean and quite modern hotel, rooms are of a descent size. The location is right next to the shopping centre with good links to the motorway. The only negative was at check in, the gentleman seamed very rushed and not very welcoming, he give us no information about the hotel at all or where to find things like the restaurant, bar etc so we decided not to bother looking ourselves and went out for food. apart from that it was a good hotel and I'd stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for the four star review that you have posted onto Trip Advisor and that you found the hotel to have many positives. Please accept my apology for the poor welcome you received by our Receptionist and not telling you about our Hotel.
On your next visit you will be greet with a smiling face and full information of the hotel will be given.
Again thanks for your review and we look forward to welcome back to Ramada Telford.

Ramada Telford

Been to Ramada Hotel Telford/Ironbridge? Share your experiences!