“Pleasing Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Telford
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Pleasing Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We chose the hotel following a Travelzoo offer (to celebrate our 44th Wedding Anniversary) and because we had never visited Shropshire before. When I made the booking I was informed that there was a wedding planned for one of the nights originally chosen.This gave us the opportunity to change the dates, which we did. We have been to other hotels where this was not done so this is a real plus in our opinion.

The reception staff were welcoming and helpful. I sneaked down later to order some flowers for the next day and was impressed by the service received - all went to plan. I had forgotten about the included afternoon tea so this was a really pleasant surprise with a good choice of sandwiches and cakes.

The room was well proportioned and had all the facilities we expected. We were really impressed with the food and service in the restaurant, so much so that we chose to eat there on both nights. Although the menu was the same on each occasion there was enough choice for us, The staff were more than willing to make changes such as substituting vegetables etc.

We agree that although the hotel is in its own, well maintained grounds, it is close to a business park and the opportunity to walk off a lovely meal is restricted.

Overall we had a lovely wedding anniversary and the staff are a real credit to the hotel, a fact I commented on when paying the bill.

We have given an overall rating of 4 but would have given a 4.5 if we could have.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear 67fer

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hadley Park House Hotel. Thank you for chossing to celebrate your 44th anniversary with us!!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay (particularly as it was for such a special occasion). Customer service is a priority at the hotel, and your kind comments regarding our staff will be shared with the entire team.

Once again, thanks for reviewing us and we do hope to welcome you again soon.

With regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
WIGAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visited 3 Hotels in 3 days as part of my birthday. The first was the Hadley Park House Hotel. We stayed on a travelzoo offer and were shown to our bedroom, in the main building, No.2. First impressions of the bedroom, impressive. The room is L shaped with a two seater settee and is clean, comfortable and quiet. I should add the bedroom door takes 17 seconds to automatically close on entering or leaving. The staff were amiable and attentive, The food was good and the restaurant is situated in a large conservatory to the right of the entrance in my picture of the Hotel. As regards the location there are a number of large buildings, housing probably IT companies, and should not be considered as part of an industrial estate.

Room Tip: If you are allocated room No 2 there is no need to upgrade.
Dear Wanderer74Wigan

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us as part of your birthday celebrations.

All of our reviews are shared with the entire team, so we will make sure they read your kind comments.

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

What a lovely hotel - good food, good location(well, Shropshire is nice even if Telford isn't), nice staff, pleasant rooms that are well decorated and modern.

All totally ruined by the hotel having a function that went on past 1am on Saturday night, leaving me, my wife, my parents, and my baby, all with a sleepless night that we had the privelege of paying for.

It started well - we arrived on Friday and had Afternoon Tea - very pleasant, before relaxing and then enjoying the 2 AA Rosette meal. The food was good, though the menu was a little limited as both my mother and wife were not able to choose anything that they wanted as a starter.

We had a good night's sleep - and enjoyed a good brekkie the day afterwards too. After a day out we were expecting another good night's sleep and then our weekend would have been done. However instead, we were left awake until past 1AM by the hotel having both a Wedding and a Birthday Party in their function rooms. These consisted mostly of a very loud DJ who decided that playing disco hits late into the night/early morning was what not only the party people wanted, but the whole of the hotel. My Parents complained twice to no avail, and when I did the same I was informed (nicely) that it was hotel policy to inform guests before they arrive of any functions.

Needless to say they had not done this for us - if we had known that there was a party we would have understood, booked one night and had a pleasant weekend. Instead we left feeling very tired and unhappy because of the terrible night's sleep.

I would love to reccomend this hotel because it's great - and could be even better. But until they learn that their guests are as important as their functions, i suspect more people will be left with sleepless nights at the weekend. When i informed the hotel staff I was told that the manager (Martin) would try to speak to me to apologise. Well I saw the gentleman twice before i left and he made no effort to do so, so I am guessing that my complaint fell in the bin after I left the desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear JoeS

Further to your review, obviously we are very sorry to read that there were issues with your stay but I hope that I may provide a little more information by way of explanation.

Whenever we have guests who book into the hotel that are not associated with a function, we always advise them in advance that there are events taking place and that as a result there may be a little noise. We always tell people in advance of booking so that they are fully aware and they then have the option to choose an alternative date to stay. I am sorry that you did not seem aware of this. We do always ask our DJ to reduce the noise levels one it gets to a later hour.

I am also sorry that you felt that the menu was a little limited. If we are aware of any special dietary requirements in advance, then we will do everything to cater for this and provide suitable alternatives. I have been advised that we were made aware of your parties' special diets and that our Chef did buy in special food to accommodate this.

I am sorry that our manager Mark (not Martin) did not speak to you on check out. Had he been made aware of the issue then he would definitely have done so. Guest experience is paramount, and as you will have read on many reviews here on trip Advisor, we do everything we can to ensure that people have an enjoyable and memorable stay. If there are ever issues we try to rectify these at the time, so I am surprised that this did not happen. Having not been at the hotel when you checked out, unfortunately I cannot comment as to why this was not offered / did not happen. If you would like Mark to get in touch, could you please email the hotel with convenient contact details?

I am sorry that you felt that despite Hadley Park House Hotel offering 'good food, good location, nice staff and pleasant well decorated modern rooms' that the hotel only deserved 1 out of 5. We did try to go that extra mile; as I mentioned with the specially bought-in food, and also I believe with the additional tourist information that we provided. I am sorry that you still felt that we fell someway short on this occasion.

Stockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hadley Park House Hotel for four nights for a birthday break.

The main reason for choosing this hotel was that we were lucky to get a great deal through Travel Zoo and were aware that the hotel was near Ironbridge which we wanted to visit.

When we arrived, we were disappointed to find that the Hotel is situated in the middle of an industrial estate surrounded by busy dual carriageways. We like to go for a walk in the evenings but this wasn't possible from the hotel.

Despite the poor location, we couldn't fault the hotel itself. We were greeted by a very helpful lady at reception who showed us to our room.

Our room was situated in the main building and was very nice, a good size and with a very comfortable bed . The room had a selection of teas, coffees and hot chocolate as well as two small packets of biscuits. The bathroom was clean and modern although the shower pressure was very weak.

We had afternoon tea served in the morning room which included salmon sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, carrot cake, scones with jam and cream and a pot of tea. This was very tasty and was nicely presented.

On one evening we had a three course meal in the restaurant. Each course was beautifully presented and tasted divine.

On a separate evening we had a meal off the bar menu which was of equal taste and quality.

We found all the staff in the hotel very friendly and helpful and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

This hotel is well worth staying at as long as you've got a car and are prepared for its location.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear RubeusMinerva

Thank you for your review of Hadley Park House Hotel. I am pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us.

As you mentioned, we are in a town location, but many reviews on Trip Advisor mention, the hotel is cleverly landscaped so that it is completely self-contained.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food (thank you for attaching the photographs to your review too). We pride ourselves on the food quality and try to offer an extensive and flexible menu particularly for guests like yourselves who were staying for a few nights.

I do hope that we will welcome you again in the near future.

Thanks again

staffs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were given room in the old building (room 10) after refusing another room due to lack of water pressure which appears to be a known problem.This room was a little scruffy and worn with carpets that needed cleaning and furniture covered in burn marks.The bed was comfortable though.However, we were woken by another guest returning to their room at 03.40and putting the light on outside of our room. As there was a considerable gap under the door the light and noise woke us.
Evening meal was good though we opted to pay the extra for some items on the menu.
Breakfast service on Saturday morning was attentive but food a let down.On Sunday, service left a lot to be desired with drinks arriving after we had finished eating.
We were not asked how they stay was, not even at checkout though we would happily have put our comments to the staff in person.
A very disapppointing stay especially as booked as a surprise gift. We would certainly not stay or recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new building might be better as this is a new facility.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear pedroStaffs

Further to the review of your recent stay, I was sorry to read the comments. Guest comfort, quality and experience is our primary focus and we are therefore sorry to read that in your opinion we fell someway short during your stay.

With regards to the lack of water pressure, this issue is a sporadic one caused by the fact we are a Georgian house. We are surprised to read the description of the room being scruffy, furniture covered in burn marks and that the carpet required cleaning. Housekeeping is our top priority and we are therefore surprised of the comments. As you would expect from a quality establishment, we are consistently undergoing a programme of improvements and refurbishment to maintain our high standards.

We are sorry that another guest woke you. Sadly this is beyond our control. The fact that there was light beneath the door is also due to the fact that we are a characterful, authentic Georgian building that perhaps has the odd uneven floorboard!

We are extremely surprised and sorry to read that you felt that the food was a 'let down'. As you will have read on many of the reviews here on Trip Advisor, food quality is our priority and one that is often praised and complimented upon. We are therefore sorry that on this occasion you felt that we fell somewhat short. The same can be said of service within the restaurant; again, this is often complimented and praised so we are sorry to read that you had a different experience.

Staff are highly trained, so we are unsure as to why at check out you were not asked about how your stay was. We will need to investigate further.

We always welcome honest feedback; it is the only way that we can improve. We are therefore grateful that you have taken the time to review but obviously very sorry that you were disappointed.

Regards
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

we had our wedding at hadley park on sat 23rd february 2013. All our guests attending had nothing but good words to say about the hotel. All the staff were so friendly and helpful, they could not have done any more to help us and our guests. food was exceptional !, rooms were clean and very comfortable. fully recomended and we will defently be visiting again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrew M

Thank you so much for your recent review and more importantly thank you for choosing Hadley Park House Hotel to celebrate your special day! We are delighted that you and your guests enjoyed the day. We always try to make it a memorable day for everyone and very pleased to read that it was.

Thank you for mentioning our team; we share all reviews with them so they will be aware of your comments which will be greatly appreciated.

We do hope to welcome you again - hopefully before your first wedding anniversary celebration!

Knursford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We received a very warm welcome from owners and staff, nothing was too much trouble. Hotel is very well placed for local places of interest or for business travellers. Super food both nights, well-priced wine list. A most ejoyable couple of days and excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms available for people who have difficulty climbing stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PatriciaRuth

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Hadley Park House Hotel.

All of our reviews are shared with our team (from our Chefs to housekeeping) so thank you for taking the time to review.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed the food and also the wine. We source ingredients and drinks locally.

We do hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

With Regards

Been to Hadley Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!