“Exceptional dining experience in a modern, slightly isolated hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hadley Park House Hotel

Special Offer
Ironbridge Leisure Break
Ranked #3 of 22 hotels in Telford
England
“Exceptional dining experience in a modern, slightly isolated hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We eventually found Hadley Park Hotel after struggling with postcode directions on our satnav and limited knowledge from the local people we asked (The website doesn't appear to have an actual address). We were visiting as a few days break with my sister and her husband. At first we were given a room with a four poster bed in the older part of the hotel. I wasn't very happy with it and asked if we could change. This was willingly sorted and we were put into the new block which ( although smaller ) was much more acceptable for me. My sister had a large room on the front of the old part of the hotel which was light and airy and very comfortable. On the day we arrived afternoon tea was served and it was really good.

We dined in the hotel as it is fairly isolated, and no one wanted to drive. We were very pleased that we had made that choice because our evening meal was delicious. Breakfast the following morning was freshly cooked to order which I much prefer to a buffet and we all enjoyed it very much. we dined in the restaurant again the following night and again were not disappointed, my husband raved about the sea bass! We found the staff at the hotel to be helpful and friendly and eager to please. Bar prices were as expected in a hotel but we had a nice glass of prosecco on the house which went down very well with us all. We all enjoyed the stay very much and hope to visit again very soon.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear BinnsyUk

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hadley Park House Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that the food was thoroughly enjoyed - our Chefs always like feedback! The Sea Bass is a popular dish, and thanks to your review, others can perhaps see why! We pride ourselves in food quality, that ingredients are locally sourced and everything is freshly prepared (hence a breakfast that is cooked to order!).

With regards to directions, we apologise that there were problems with your sat nav. Our address details are now shown on every page of our website; it may be that you were perhaps looking at our old site as a new one went live fairly recently.

We are pleased to hear that you would like to return, we hope to welcome you again soon.

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a weekend away and enjoyed the stay very much. The staff were very well trained and very polite and obliging.The room was a little small but that was the only criticism. The food was superb and excellently presented all credit to the chef.

Dear SPF091260

Many thanks for taking the time to review Hadley Park House Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just returned from our first ever stay at Hadley Park House where we thoroughly enjoyed the "Fawlty Towers Dining Experience". An entertaining evening featured a superb dinner where the real hotel staff provided first class service undaunted by the mayhem from "Basil" "Sybil" and "Manuel". Our overall view of the hotel is that it is a well run and extremely comfortable establishement, with friendly and efficient staff. The owners seemed to have successfully combined the original character of the building with all the expected modern conveniences. Our bedroom was spacious and relaxing.

Dear LT170611

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay wish us, and that our Faulty Towers Interactive Comedy Dinner Show was a hit!

We pride ourselves in providing a quality service and guest comfort and experience is paramount. We share all of our feedback with our team, so they will be aware of your comments - thank you.

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying in this hotel several times over the past couple of years, chosen originally due to its location, but keep coming back for the food, mostly, and the lovely rooms.
Food is a particular issue I rate hotels on, due to my dietary requirements. The menus always have a good range of gluten free food (a sign that everything is cooked fresh without any rubbish additives or culinary shortcuts (I.e. no packet sauces or gravy)). There has even been the occasion when the chef made me something that wasn't on the menu, as I had asked if it was going to be on any of the menus that week. There is always gluten free bread for dinner and breakfast too, so I feel like I've not had to miss out on delicious food just because I can't eat gluten. (Oh, and I've NEVER suffered with symptoms of having eaten gluten when eating here).
The rooms are lovely - can't fault them in any way - they're spacious, clean and warm.

I wish I lived closer - I would want to get married here if I did.
Although I visit for business, I'll be bringing the other half here soon, as its only 20 mins away from Shrewsbury, and I know he'll love it too!

But in the mean time, I'll keep volunteering to the boss to come to Telford.

Room Tip: Old house has has character, extension has a tad more chic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear KatWhatserface

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hadley Park House hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay with us - particularly as you are volunteering for work!!

We always try to accommodate guests who have special dietary requirements, and yes, as you thought, all of our food is freshly prepared making it easy for us to offer alternatives for anyone with a special diet. As long as we know, we will always try our best!

We do hope to welcome you again soon either for business or whether it's to visit Shropshire or nearby Ironbridge.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night after spending the day at the hotel in a business meeting. The service during the day was excellent, as was the lunch we had delivered to the room and as for the biscuits served with the coffee, all I can say is they were the best I have ever tasted! Following the meeting we dined in the restaurant and once again the service and food were both excellent.

My room was in the old part of the hotel and was clean and the bed was very comfy and so had an excellent nights sleep, not always possible in some hotels I have stayed.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for both food and to stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Rustycogs

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hadley Park House Hotel. We hope that the hotel provided a conducive work environment for the business meeting you attended! Hopefully the food, and indeed biscuits, helped!

We do hope that we are able to welcome you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect given this was a deal we found on Travelzoo, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. My partner and I had been working all day on our house renovation, and were absolutely shattered and in need of some total relaxation, and this is completely what we got from the minute we arrived.
The room was great with amazingly comfortable bed, and lovely modern bathroom. Would have been nice to have had a bath, but the monsoon shower was devine.
We were offered our afternoon tea (despite it being late) which was brought to our room, while we relaxed, followed by a fabulous 3 course meal in the restaurant later that evening. The food was delicious, the service excellent, and the ambience in the restaurant was perfect (just a bit of background music for a calming (yet not uncomfortably quiet) environment). We had ordered our food while sat in the bar with a pre-meal drink, and waited there until we were called when our meal was ready (which wasn't long).
We had the best night sleep in the quietest of rooms. There was a party taking place that evening at the hotel, but you'd never guess as you could hear a pin drop in our room! Breakfast the next morning was brilliant, and with an 11am check out meant no rushing and a relaxing start to the day.
The only niggle I had was that the room was cold when we arrived and seemed to take a long while to warm up, and it would have been nice to have had wifi in the room too. But, this has certainly not put me off from coming to this hotel again, and I'm hoping to stay again in the very near future.
Coming from London where poor service, unfriendly staff, crowded, busy and stressful environments is the norm, this Hotel was a paradise of calm and happiness for me.

Dear SophieMargaret

Thank you so much for the review you have recently posted. We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We are pleased you enjoyed all of the food, as you may have read on other reviews, we do pride ourselves in the food quality of the hotel and wherever possible the ingredients are locally sourced.

I am sorry to read that you would have liked a bath and shower in the room. Some rooms do have both within them. If we welcome you again in the future, when booking if you could mention that you would like a bath too, we always try to accommodate! Sorry to hear that the room was cold on arrival and there was no WIFI in the room. WIFI is available free of charge throughout the hotel (including the rooms) so I'm sorry that there must have been an issue whilst you stayed.

We do hope to welcome you again soon - perhaps when you need a little R&R from the house renovations - hope that's going well!

With kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at hotel on Saturday I had upgraded room which was a beautiful room (1) had afternoon tea and dinner in the restaurant it was a lovely stay hope to Go back this weekend if just for the food chef top notch excellent stay

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Davesmith08

Thank you for your review, we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay.

We share the reviews with our entire team, so we will make sure that the Chef and his team see your comments! We are very proud of the quality of our food, so it's always a pleasure to read when guests enjoy it.

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

With regards

Been to Hadley Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!