“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge

You added Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Telford International Centre | St. Quentin Gate, Telford TF3 4EH, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Telford
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here with my 2 children for a weekend break. It is a nice hotel, with loads of free parking. The reception area was clean and smart looking but check in was a bit long winded and took a while. Our room was on the ground floor and right where the lifts are and I was a bit worried it would be noisy, but considering there were functions both nights of stay it was fairly quiet. Our room was spacious with 2 double beds. Looked like newly painted and new carpet but tired dated furniture with labelled drawers!! There was a couple of housekeeping issues which didn't affect our stay but could do with being looked at. I had to put the kids swimming things on the radiator but couldn't as behind was proper thick with masses of fluff and dust. The bed side cabinet and phone were also covered in dust and the bathroom was a bit grubby. Shame really as the rest was really clean. We had to eat out as the menu just didn't suit us. We purchased breakfast vouchers which I thought was a bit steep at £9.50 per adult per morning but there was loads and loads of things to choose from and unlimited as buffet style. I would stay here again if I got a good price. We used the swimming pool but had to book in advance. The pool was nice and pool area clean. The steam room wasn't too clean the grout on the tiling was dirty and the ladies sauna was so dark I couldn't see the timer. Small things which would be easily fixed. Great location for shopping, cinema and ice rink .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Kristabelles

I have sent you a message to ask you to let me know which room number you stayed in so that I can get straight on to the issues that you reported. I have also passed on your observations about the leisure club and thank you for drawing this to our attention. In the meantime please accept our apologies.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and our facilities, especially the wonderful buffet breakfast which really sets you up for the day!

I hope to be able to correspond with you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I often stay here on business.
The service is brilliant, customers never go without anything they need.
Luxury, great gym and swimming facilities. Restaurant and bar do great food. Good selection for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sazy70

Thank you so much for giving us "5 out of 5"! I have passed on your comments to all the team. I am pleased that you enjoy your stays with us and thank you for your loyalty which is most valued.
Northwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at many, many Holiday Inns and other group members. This is quite a good one. There were a few problems at reception checking in when one member of staff couldn't be sure whether I was dinner, bed and breakfast or bed and breakfast. (He had the same problem on check out!!!) The dinner for those who have prepaid is limited and there were two main dishes which were spicy and two vegetarian - none suited. Veering from the menu causes problems. Staff generally were helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear William R,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you had delays at check in and check out, this highlighted a gap in training for one of our team with regard to your booking and this has now been addressed.

Guests who are staying on a dinner, bed and breakfast package are able to choose from 4 starters and 4 main dishes from the menu which changes weekly, and 2 starters and 2 main dishes from the daily changing specials menu. Please be assured that if guests have any special requests or dietary requirements, if they let us know, our chefs will always try their best to accommodate these.

I'm pleased that you found our staff were helpful and pleasant and I hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel is in good place for the exhibiton center, next door. its a big set up, and designed to serve many at one time, so dont expect a personal approach to service, food in restaurant is expensive for what is on offer. Breakfast was quite good and is buffet style, the restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful, and always have a smile, even under presure. rooms were comfortable, but guests out side smoking andf shouting at 3 am makes for bad night sleep on the 4 nights i stayed, had 3 awake,
also air con units in rooms dont work and rooms get hot, open window and you hear loud guests
car parking is in very narrow gaps and some kind guest dragged a case or bag between my car and the one next to it and scratched it front to back, reported it to reception, who did a it of a courtesy talk and nothing else, they have CCTV but dont seem to work.
would i stay again - if i did i would park as far fromt the doors as possible. i would rate it 6 / 10

Room Tip: DONT have room at front on ground floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Mel890
I have corresponded directly with you concerning your stay as I was aware of the difficulties you had experienced with your car and did all that I could to assist.

I was sorry to find out about the problem with the air conditioning unit as we would have been able to fix this during the stay, which would have helped with the noise issue.

Nevertheless, thank you for your kind remarks concerning our restaurant team and I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast with us.

I hope you will come back and stay with us again, Kind regards, Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is very well placed for the Telford Exhibition Centre, the food, especially breakfast was below average. The Staff were very friendly and I would stay again but would probably eat out. If your are exhibiting at the Centre it's ideal

Dear Sarin22

Thank you for your review and "four stars", although I am disappointed that you did not enjoy breakfast, thank you for drawing this shortfall to our attention and it has been passed to our executive chef and his brigade.

I do hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Telford.

Markinch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Average Holiday Inn but at a good price. Hotel itself is slightly run down though there are signs of redecorating going on. Lifts are old and jerky, rooms need some work and shower water pressure was low. Hotel guests when I was staying seemed either to be older guests on holiday or convention attenders from the next door convention centre (not holiday inn Owned). Food typical Holiday Inn. Dinner not fantastic but OK. Breakfast was not good (overcooked eggs and very salty bacon). Would I stay again? Yes, if on business in the area but I would not make a special trip to stay.

Dear PFBP1

Thank you for taking time to post a review following your stay and I am pleased that you enjoyed it. As you observed, we do have a rolling refurbishment programme in place with our bedrooms and have just completed decorating our conference corridor and some painting in the reception and bar areas. As you can imagine in a busy leisure and business environment, this task needs to be continuous!

I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Average Holiday Inn with decent rooms although outdated when I last stayed.

Restaurant food is good quality and the gym / pool facilities are decent.

Stayed here for many weeks, found the staff to be fairly unhelpful: especially when some items of clothing went missing from my room and I was told they hadn't been found in the laundry (as if they'd just disappeared or I was lying).

Usually fairly noisy and the rooms have thin walls, can sometimes hear people snoring.

I find this hotel pricey for its standard.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear SezPhez

I have sent you a direct message relating to your stay in June 2012 and await a response so that I may investigate. In the meantime, I do apologise for the disappointment caused. You may like to be aware that since you stayed last year, we have continued with our rolling refurbishment programme with our bedrooms so many are now beautifully decorated and furnished in a more modern style.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge? Share your experiences!