“Weekend at LABBS Convention - Telford” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge

You added Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Telford International Centre | St. Quentin Gate, Telford TF3 4EH, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Telford
Buckinghamshire
“Weekend at LABBS Convention - Telford”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were at Telford to attend the Ladies Association of British Barbershop Singers convention held at the nearby Telford International Centre. Our room on the second floor was adequate for our needs. We dined in the hotel restaurant and no option to have the fixed price menu. The starter was OK but the mains were awful over cooked and warmed fayre from a self service bar.
The staff were good particularly the guys who worked at the bar.
The breakfast was nothing to shout about.
Was not pleased when our door was knocked at 8.20 am for cleaning after a late night before!! Overall unless your here for an event look elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Many thanks for your review of our hotel, we do appreciate both negative and positive feedback as it enables us to provide the best customer experience. I saddened to read that you were not entirely happy with the food in the restaurant, for this please accept my apologies and I will pass on your comments to the head chef in order for him to address this matter. In relation to the knock you received at 08.20am, again please accept my apologies, this has been addressed by the housekeeping department and readers can be assured this is not a regular occurrence. I was pleased however, to learn that you were happy with the staff at the hotel, thank you for your kind comments, they will be passed on to the team, especially the two members of staff you pointed out on the bar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tetbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a 2 night weekend break for a family of four. This was a typical 3* hotel. Plus points. Pool was a decent size and great for the kids as it was warm and whilst I didn't use it, the gym was larger than many I've seen in hotesls of this kind. Restaurant had a good decor, a little dark in places away from the window and the evening meals we all had were excellent. We had the roast beef on the Sunday which was really good value. Kids were well lookeed after but what would it take for a few of the waitresses to offer a smile occasionally. I know working on a Sunday evening isn't great but don't take it out on us. The crowd working on Monday were better and more of them. Room was OK. Slightly old fashoned e.g. shower over bath but it worked well. Good reception / bar area although service was a little slow. Hello, I'm stood over here whilst 2 people sort out the till. Very helpful at reception. Large parking area outside. Downsides? The room was very warm with 4 in a room; not the biggest room in the world; a conference on the Monday night ensured plenty of people were sat outside smoking / chatting until late which ensured a noisy time for those with rooms at the front of the hotel (thanks to the Jessops crowd for this). That was about it.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel probably quieter as the smoking zone was outside the front door and therefore prob...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Very many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, I was delighted to learn that you had a good overall stay and that you were pleased with the meals you had in the restaurant and found our reception team helpful. Please be assured I will pass your kind comments on to the kitchen and reception team. I was saddened to learn that the service you received in the restaurant/bar area wasn’t as you expected and I will be liaising direct with the head of department to ensure this is addressed immediately. Please accept my apologies for the noise you experienced during the Monday evening of your stay, our nights team are on hand 24 hours a day and do monitor the smoking area to ensure the noise is kept to a minimum and that it doesn’t disturb other guests.
Rochester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Nothing too much of note. Have to be negative about the breakfast though, had no flavour whatsoever, just textures. Quite possibly the worst scrambled eggs I've ever had. Mattress a bit too soft for me too.

• Stayed October 2012
Many thanks for your review of our hotel, I was saddened to read you didn’t enjoy our breakfast experience. Please be assured your comments have been passed onto the head chef. We do appreciate guest feedback both negative and positive as it enables us to provide the best customer experience possible.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at a conference for 2 nights. The welcome from reception staff was warm and friendly. Originally allocated a ground floor room but it was no problem transferring to a top floor room, 238, which I prefer. My colleagues and I asked to eat dinner in the bar - again no problem on either night. Bar service efficient and excellent. Waiter service for breakfast was brilliant and I particularly compliment a young male waiter who served us with great courtesy and attentiveness - did not get his name unfortunately but I am sure the manager will know who he is. Overall I thought all the staff - domestics, waiters, bar, reception etc were just about perfect and at least equal to any other hotel I have stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear David

Very many thanks for your kind review which I have passed on to all the team, particularly in the food and beverage department, so that they know how much you appreciated their service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me if I can help in any way.

Kind regards, Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stay for 3 nights on business at this hotel. Smooth and quick check in. Stayed in room 202 and although the room was clean I had to have to pillows changed as there was what appeared to be blood spots on them. The reception staff arrived very swiftly though and changed them over with no fuss. The room was spacious as was the bathroom which had a spar bath. The shower curtain was hanging off in a couple of places which gave the bathroom a tired and unloved look.

Ate in the restaurant for breakfast and evening meals. Breakfast was self service and was plentiful. Evening meals were a delight. I had room service on the first night and to be honest it was rubbish.

I experienced some room noise but nothing I haven't experienced before in other hotels.

The staff were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Dear Sue S
Thank you for taking time to post a review following your stay, and I have communicated with you directly to offer my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced. I was pleased however that your over-riding memory was that our staff were really helpful and that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant.

Please be assured that all of your feedback has been taken on board and improvements made.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards, Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager
Newmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very good value and nice room. Some dog friendly hotels put you in rather tired looking rooms that can smell musty, like wet gundogs! This hotel was clean, comfortable and the rooms were far enough away from the receptions going on. The restaurant is very good, and offered a great breakfast. Modern and warm decor.

Room Tip: If you prefer
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear BM

Many thanks for your kind review which has been passed on to all our team. I'm so pleased that you all had an enjoyable stay, especially your four-legged friend who I know will be an important part of your "team" too!

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, there are lots of walking opportunities close by to our hotel, as well as further afield!

Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager
Bangor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Arrived for 1 2 night stay - first night no sleep elderly couples partying in corridor and central air conditioning humming all night- second night same humming added to by the noisy neighbour who stopped banging about approx 0100 the started again at 0600 when we woke to the sound of him in the toilet and his over loud tv. We complained but the receptionist was curt and unresponsive

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Taffy T
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Telford and I have responded to you directly to apologise personally.
I am so sorry that your stay was marred by the fact that it was not the quiet experience you had been hoping for. We do place signage in our bedroom corridors to remind all our guests to be considerate towards each other and our night team carry out regular patrols and are more than happy to assist when they are made aware of any noisy situations.
I do apologise for the lack of customer service that you experienced when you spoke to our reception team and please be assured that this gap in training has now been addressed.
Should you be planning a return visit to Telford in the future, please contact me personally so that I can assist you with your reservation.
Sincerely
Elisabeth Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge? Share your experiences!