“Average-Good” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 30 hotels in Swindon
“Average-Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We went and stayed at the Holiday Inn at the beginning of August and got the family room. The rooms were to a good standard, quite comfy and nothing to complain about! The sofa bed on the other hand was really uncomfortable, I could literally feel the springs in my back the whole night, I'd recommend getting an extra duvet and laying it down on top of the mattress, after this it was fine! We were only provided with two teacups, when they knew there would be three people! There was no plug points near the bed, which I found annoying, but there was a medium flat screen tv with decent freeview channels. The breakfast while we stayed there was awful, I would recommend eating out! The fruit juice was too concentrated I had to water it down to be able to drink it! There was one member of staff, who worked there during the nights, and she made our stay fun, while we were relaxing in the lobby area, she gave us cards and dominos to play with, and recommended a few card games to play, which I thought was lovely! Other than that the trip was good, not too much to complain about. :)

• Stayed August 2013
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear PavR8,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your feedback. I have now reinforced the Hotel Policy on additional guests in the rooms and the supplies thereof with the Head Housekeeper. I also passed on your kind words to Carly (nights) and she was thoroughly pleased she could help and entertain. Breakfast on the weekends is very busy as majority of the guests come down between 9.00 and 10.00 which is very overwhelming especially if the Hotel is full. We try to encourage Guests to come down at various times to ensure consistency of breakfast items and service delivery, however, everybody likes a lie in on a weekend. Nonetheless I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last year for the price of £50 or £55. We checked in around 10pm.. The check in was fast and easy.. The receptionist guy was very nice and friendly.. We were happy with our room..it was spacious, comfortable bed, all lights were working, clean room and bathroom too.

The only problem we had, which isn't really a problem was the flush of their toilet bowl was weak..so when it won't flush, we had to call the reception.. The same guy that checked us in came in knocking at our door within 5minutes and he managed to fix everything in no time.

Breakfast was included..it was a buffet and there were a lot of selection.. From freshly cooked eggs and sausages, there were also a variety of cereals, brioche and other bread.. variety of juices included too aside from coffee, tea and water.

Overall, we were happy with our stay and would stay here again..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Maii_21,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your comprehensive feedback. I am ever so glad you found everything to your liking and that you had a good time. We look forward to welcoming you in future.

Pune, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice during last one year and each time the experience has been from bad to worse. Initially when I stayed there was a problem of light fixtures not working (Dec 2012). I had to shift to another room where there was no phone at all. During my stay at the hotel for 11 days I was provided a phone only after making repeated requests. Recently I stayed at this hotel where the experience was the worst of all (Aug 2013). The room AC started making strange noises and stopped working. On moving to another room also the AC had the same problem. To make matters worse, the hotel staff was rude and cared less about the customers not to mention that we were corporate customers and were there only because of corporate bookings.I would never recommend this hotel to any of my colleagues

Room Tip: Stay away fro this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Devangi_y,

Please let me apologise for the inconvenience during your Stay. The Hotel has had additional work done to the air-conditioning so should you decide to come next time, this shall not be an issue for you any more. I am also very disappointed that you found our staff irresponsible to your needs and requests, I can assure you that this is not the case and I find it very surprising myself. I would be honoured if you could contact me on operations@exhiswindon.co.uk to discuss matters further and hopefully shed more light on the issue so I can address it and work out a solution. Nonetheless please accept my apologies once again, and I hope this experience will not deter you from staying with Brand in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Check in was simple - friendly staff but when I got to the room, 3 bulbs were not working so the room was quite dark. When I called the reception she said there was nobody from maintenance and offered me another table lamp which was ok I guess. The hotel was fully booked so couldn't change rooms.

2 clubs that was next to the hotel made is very noisy to sleep. The noise was in full swing until about 4am.

Best thing was long stay parking (£5 for 24hrs) that is across the road from the hotel and restaurants/shops right at the doorstep.

Breakfast - Continental was good but the English breakfast needs to be looked at. I found a lot of eggshells in my scrambled egg and beans looked a different colour and were all mashed up.

• Stayed August 2013
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear prettykreety,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting you experiences on TripAdvisor. Also please accept my apologises about the lights not working in your room, I understand Jade had managed to solve the issue for you. I have also addressed the issues with our maintenance department. Unfortunately due the location of the Hotel, being in the same precinct as the town's night clubs, it does get noisy on the weekend. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I look forward to welcome you on your next trip to Swindon.

Operatios Mananger
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Hose this hotel purely for price as was cheapest for date we wanted.

Very impressed at the spacious room we were offered. The double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together but the duvet did not stretch then width of the beds! One massive downfall-the duvet under the duvet cover had what looked distinctly like an old blood stain! So disgusting!

Breakfast was included in the price and was very good - hot breakfast and continental all available-very thankful.

Would stay again if the knock down price remained but would definitely check the duvet properly again!

Dear jander11,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found our weekend offer a good value. All of our rates include Complimentary Breakfast and Complimentary Internet too. With regards to the stained duvet, please accept my apologies, I don't know how could that happen. All of our duvets are regularly washed and if badly stained immediately replaced. As a precaution, we have now checked all our duvets, and the one you are referring to had been replaced. I hope this will not deter you from staying in future as we would love to see you back.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at the HI Express Swindon for a stag night in Swindon (dont ask why!) on a Saturday night. Getting to the hotel was easy but having to park a ten minute walk away not ideal but directions given on outside of hotel easy to follow.

Check in was on the same floor as the bar and our check in process was quick and easy.
We had drinks in the bar and the hotel ordered us cabs which arrived in less than 5mins. Great service.

Room was comfortable with large windows and an amazing bathroom. Only issue with our room was the TV didnt work but that was not important as we were using the hotel as a place to shower and sleep basically.

Breakfast was busy but me and my roomie found a table without issue. Lots of cereals, fruits, pastries, great coffee etc but the cooked breakfast was the disapointment. Basically a choice of 3 things. Sausage, scrambled egg and beans. No bacon, no has browns, no tomatos etc.
Was lovely but some more choice would have been nice.

All in all a great hotel near to the bars and clubs of Swindon. Exactly what we wanted to cant complain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cjgordon0,

Thank you for your feedback. I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Swindon, and your Hotel experience was stress free too. Well I am sure there is still a few stags left in your groups, in which case we look forward to welcome you back again.

Andrej Katona,
liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I picked this hotel for its location, by the station, main facilities etc, Staff were pleasant, efficient and the hotel was clean.
However some of the nightlife in Swindon is a few hundreds yards away and gets noisier the later it gets.
The staff were unable to move me to another room, but on checkout Nancy the manager refunded the room cost, I would only stay again if they could guarantee a room away from the nightlife

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the train tracks,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear shamc21,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. I was happy to hear that you found our team pleasant and efficient and the hotel cleanliness to your liking. Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre? Share your experiences!