Just come back from a short break. Helpful, friendly staff, very quiet location and comfortable lounge. We had an executive room which was a good size and comfortable but the bathroom needs updating as does much of the hotel. There's a feeling that some TLC would not go amiss. There are two metal external staircases, painted white but covered in mould & moss and they really give a very poor impression of the managements attitude to maintenance. Food varied considerably from miniscule portions but with strong flavours, through bland and boring to very good. The breakfasts are prepared to order and good WHEN they arrive but give yourself plenty of time, half hour wait for a bowl of porridge is rediculous although it was good when it arrived The buffet part of breakfast is minimal with no fresh fruit. We felt it was way too expensive for what we got
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pear Tree at Purton provides the perfect place to stay, whether it is for a romantic getaway or a place to rest your head before a business meeting in nearby Swindon.Set in 7.5 acres of gardens, which include a wildflower meadow and a vineyard, it is a perfect rural setting to relax and unwind. Yet we are only 10 minutes away from Swindon and Junction 16 of the M4. We specialise in celebrations, from special birthdays to groups of old friends meeting up. Let us know what you are after and we will come up with a fantastic schedule to suit you all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The Pear Tree at Purton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pear Tree At Purton Hotel Swindon
- Pear Tree At Purton Swindon