We chose this hotel from the internet and were not disappointed. The setting is very good and the overall quality is high. The staff are helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable but little things like turning on the towel rails or the heating had not been done. We also felt that sheets and blankets were a little out of date and we would much prefer the duvet style of bedding. The food was excellent but the menu didn't seem to change and was the same as the one we'd seen on the website several weeks before. For our two night stay it wasn't a problem but beyond that some might find the menu restrictive.
All this might sound negative but they are small points and overall our stay was enjoyable and fair value. We'd spoken with the hotel before booking and they helped us to avoid clashing with a big party on one of our possible nights which for us would have been a major spoiler.
We'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pear Tree at Purton provides the perfect place to stay, whether it is for a romantic getaway or a place to rest your head before a business meeting in nearby Swindon.Set in 7.5 acres of gardens, which include a wildflower meadow and a vineyard, it is a perfect rural setting to relax and unwind. Yet we are only 10 minutes away from Swindon and Junction 16 of the M4. We specialise in celebrations, from special birthdays to groups of old friends meeting up. Let us know what you are after and we will come up with a fantastic schedule to suit you all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The Pear Tree at Purton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pear Tree At Purton Hotel Swindon
- Pear Tree At Purton Swindon