Hilton Swindon was a stop-over choice while on a business trip to Falmouth.
The lobby and dining area of this hotel are expansive and nicely decorated.
My room was on the ground floor and was fully equipped
+ Internet worked well
+ Bathroom water temperature and pressure were good
+ Bed was comfortable
+ Sound proofness was very good
- TV channel navigation and menu system to watch basic TV channels was slow and took too many steps
- Desk chair was an old fashioned dining room table like chair with a cushion that had you sinking to below computer typing level
- Heating in the room was maxed at 32deg c when I arrived. This seemed to be the only setting that would keep the room at ambient temperature in December when the outside temp was around 6 deg c
The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere. Service was OK.
The fitness center is on 2 levels.
The upper level with the treadmills was very cold with the fan blowing hard. I saw the setting on the control at 16deg
I asked the woman at the desk downstairs and she said this is normal ??
What I liked
+ Good ambience, decor and layout of the hotel
+ Rooms are nicely decorated
+ Parking, security, convenience, WiFi
- Add an adjustable desk chair for work - or have it as an option for business travellers
- Fix the room Air/Con so it can be set to 20 and deliver 20
- Fix the fitness room temperature and ventilation on the second floor
- Improve the TV navigation to reduce the numbers of steps to just watch a tv channel
Other than those minor issues, (which can be easily remedied), Hilton Swindon is a good choice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside at the Hilton Swindon hotel, ideally located just off the M4 from junction 16, just three miles from Swindon town center and close to Windmill Hill and Blagrove business districts. This Wiltshire hotel is close to a variety of fantastic local attractions including Longleat Safari Park and the stunning Cotswold’s.Rejuvenate in this modern Swindon hotel’s 171 comfortable guest rooms. Upgrade to a Deluxe room and enjoy extra space and a complimentary amenity pack, featuring soft bathrobes and slippers, mineral water, a selection of Dormens Jelly Beans and Nuts. This rural Wiltshire hotel boasts the superb, 'The Larder Restaurant'. Indulge in the freshest, locally sourced seasonal ingredients and savor a delicious range of modern British cuisine. Refresh with a glass of wine in The Larder Bar, or sip on a perfect cup of coffee from the hotel’s Costa Coffee café, offering delectable, fresh sandwiches and continental pastries. This hotel offers the perfect base to do business in the hotel’s well-equipped business center, with 15 assorted meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 300 guests in the Lydiard Suite. Re-energize in the LivingWell Health Club featuring a full range of exercise equipment. Unwind in the hotel’s sauna or steam room, plunge into the indoor heated swimming pool and relax in the bubble pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Hilton International Swindon
- Swindon Hilton International