“Very nicely refurbished hotel, lovely health suite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Swindon

You added Village Urban Resort Swindon to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Swindon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shaw Ridge Leisure Park | Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5 7DW, England (Formerly De Vere Village Swindon)   |
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Swindon
Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
“Very nicely refurbished hotel, lovely health suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel 3 times now and have had a lovely time each time we have stayed. The rooms are large and have been decorated to a high standard. We usually upgrade for £20 to an Upper Deck room which if travelling with children is well worth it due to the extra space. The food in the bar was pretty rubbish, so avoid that if you can! There are many other places to eat as the Hotel is situated on a leisure park, there is a bowling alley, Pizza Hut, Laser Quest and an Indian too. All in all we will more than likely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Upper Deck rooms are worth it if travelling with children as there is much more room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My partner & I stayed at De Vere Village Swindon on a Friday night for a change of scenery and to use the spa facilities.

On the face of it the 'resort' seemed to have it all....spa, selection on restaurants, starbucks, upgraded 'Upper Deck' room etc.

The room itself was clean and had all extras expected (Sky movies, Starbucks instant coffee, Bose docking station). Had nice modern touches like a tripod lamp and stylish desk.

The bathroom was a bit of a let down though.....it clearly hasn't been revamped with the bedroom. There were holes in the tiles, blackened grout and limescale ridden shower screen.

We used the spa facilities on Saturday morning which was a mistake as it seemed to be kiddies hour so we didn't stay for long before grabbing a Starbucks coffee and making our way to the Swindon Outlet Centre which is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottighamshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed one night in an upper deck room, to break up a journey home from cornwall.

The room it's self was ok, reasonably clean (although there was a thick layer of dust on the shelf above the wardrobe hanging space) I went to put our bags up there out of the way but changed my mind) We booked an upper deck room purely for sky movies, we were staying on a Saturday evening, we have a young daughter and knew we'd be spending most of the evening in the room so thought it would be an opportunity to watch a movie.

We ate in the Italian restaurant, staff were attentive but food was basic. It was served incredibly quickly. Starters within 5 mins of our order been taken and main meals were clearly waiting for us to finish as these were brought out as our starter plates were returned to the kitchen. It took 30 mins from our order being placed to been given the bill.

When we returned to our room to put our 6 month old to bed at 7, we were disappointed to realise the neighbouring fair was very audible shortly followed by Swindon's boy racers tearing around the car park of the cinema etc next door.

The next morning we went for breakfast, hmmmm to be honest it was like eating in a greasy spoon! The sausages looked lovely and brown but were still raw, the mushrooms were exploding balls of grease and the toast was warm bread. Unless you want to raise your cholesterol 50% stick to the continental option.

On the plus side the bed was comfy and the room was so dark we didn't need our blackout blind for our daughter.

I've stayed in a number of devere hotels unfortunately I won't be returning to this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for an event in the hotel.
Rooms were comfortable, clean, tidy and quite although somewhat dark even with all the lamps on.
Surprised by how delicious the food in the Italian restaurant actually was as expected normal microwaved fare - breakfast offered a lot of choice.
Communal areas are comfortable.
The pool and hottub were very highly chlorinated - both made my eyes feel like they'd been sanded.
It is a short distance from a nice park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanumangarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed two times in Hotel - Good Atmosphere , helping staff , Good Food . Its very cold weather outside so cant roam much on the Property but very Good value for the money . Good Indian restaurant around the Corner .Easy access to Swindon city and Airport .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

So the Mrs is a boyband groupie. With the Big Reunion gig coming up to Swindon we had to go for my sins because Blue, Five and Peter Andre were on. Where to stay? Being Mr last minute I looked for a booking within the week before the gig.
Most of the hotels were surpringly pricey and so trying to juggle costs,value for money and a bit of excitement I settled on The Devere. I will call them The Devere of Swindon.
I will break it down for you to elaborate on what I mean when I say juggling costs,value for money and excitement.
We arrived Friday night with a view to check out Sunday.
The Devere of Swindon are located in a little shall I say village. All the basic necessities are right outside your door step.
There's a pub in the hotel , an Italian retraunt on the premises. A gymn with a swimming Pool and a jacuzzi. Now get this I've been in a few hotels around the country and gymn,pool and jacuzzi are now let's say the norm but not at The Devere of Swindon!
They just hard to push the boat a little and have a swimming instructor! This young lady was fantastic! She was poster girl material. Since the Mrs was allowed to drool at Blue I guess I was allowed to drool at her.
She had the ladies doing water aerobics. It was really enjoyable to watch because the ladies were having fun and loving it.
The swimming area is spacious and just relaxing.
I quickly escaped the Mrs whilst she was doing the water aerobics and headed out to their courtyard.
They have a courtyard there which has some kind of Roman feeling. Not in terms of structure or built but the atmosphere. It was calm and serene and occasionally you'd hear children laughing which was entirely fine and only added to that vibe of merriment. That's the Saturday they had Bolt in London if I recall correctly so I watched this young man dash to victory whilst sitting outside the Devere of Swindon. The only thing missing was a magharrita a beach and some sand.The staff were really good, breakfast buffet in the Italian restaurant excellent, pub meal was yummy. The gentleman at the bar was kind enough to advise on the menu which wasn't pricey but it helps if you can save here and there. Their front room staff as well were excellent! I could not sing their praises highly enough!
If you do find yourself in Swindon you won't lose anything by checking them out.
If you do go there after reading this please let me know how you get on.
"Cape diem"
As always it's a pleasure to recommend places I have been and thought were truly amazing.

• Stayed June 2013
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in May/June 2013. The hotel is set on a retail park and is easy to find. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The checkin was simple, the rooms are of a good standard, the staff/service is good and there are a good range of hotel amenities.

I always used the gym as it is one of the best I have encountered at a hotel. I stay in hotels weekly so I have seen a number of hotel gyms.

Food is very good and there is a good variety offered from either a pub/bar or an Italian restaurant.

In room facilities are also very good, large flat screen TV's, large beds etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Village Urban Resort Swindon? Share your experiences!