“Lots to see and do on a cold, snowy day...... Just wrap up warm 😀” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roves Farm

Ranked #4 of 24 Activities in Swindon
Type: Farms, Ranch & Farm
Derbyshire
3 attraction reviews
“Lots to see and do on a cold, snowy day...... Just wrap up warm 😀”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited Roves Farm on a Saturday when down visiting Family and we all had a great time. There was 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 children (2 & 1 year old) that went to Roves and we expected it to be busy but with it being so cold and snowing on and off it must have put people off. The barn was cold but we all went wrapped up well and the Children couldn't of cared less at temperature, they had great fun. Lots of different things to play on and do and 2year old joined in with craft time which she loved. We also had lunch which was nice, nothing special but filled a gap and fuelled us to venture outside for feeding the animals which again my 2year old loved. I got impression work was being carried out and there were still things we never got to see, would definitely go back to explore some more and go on tractor ride which kids would of enjoyed. Only downside were the toilets, very cold but only a temporary thing I was lead to believe. I definitely recommend people give it a visit.

“Such a shame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Having held my sons birthday party there last August (made exceptions due to fire) and having visited many times in the last three years, I was extremely disappointed with my last visit here.

The temp toilet block is still being used, filthy and no soap or toilet paper. I did complain and was told it was half term and felt they were happy to take lots of money from visitors but did not want to reinvest it where required.

The barn was freezing and no obvious heating at all, the kids could see there own breath.

I know they had a terrible fire last year but it seems that they have lost there way a little. No animals out for kids to hold, no sheep racing but still the same price!

May have to think twice before visiting again.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Not very good at all ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Disappointing... Went there with two 3yr olds and paid £26 for them and two adults. It was my first visit and don't think I'll be returning until they've sorted themselves out better. Arrived in time for the animal feeding in a barn and all the animals were kept ok but the adjacent hay bale climbing area/maze looked dirty and hazardous so we gave it a miss. The washing stations weren't very clean either and there was no soap in any of the dispensers. In the main indoor area, there were men doing sawing and general building work and walking through the children with enormous wood planks and saws, not very safe!! Lunch wasnt great - £17 for beans on toast twice and two adult soups with drinks.. Kids food looked ok-ish but the soup was cold and served in chipped bowls. Baby changing area is just a screened off area with a dining table with a changing mat on it!! The toilets (although a temporary arrangement) are unisex and absolutely filthy when we visited. On the plus side, there's clearly lots of work being done on the place since the fire so hopefully when that's all done, it should be a better day out ... And better value! Perhaps they should have dropped their prices until they've recovered from the fire but at the moment, it's a real rip off.

Visited November 2012
Grimsby, Lincolnshire
3 attraction reviews
“Average Day Out - nothing special...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We visited Roves Farm for the pumpkin making event. This was very disappointing. On top of paying £13 for myself and my 3 year old, they were charging £1 for a crummy, miniscule, manky looking pumpkin. Hence we passed on that and chose to buy a huge non manky one from Asda's for £1.50.
Next, I know there was a fire there recently and was shocked to see no Fire Exit signs in the main area. I would have thought that this would have been a high priority.
The toilets were communal which I found really dirty too - I hope this is a temporary set up.
The hay bale play area, I avoided and would encourage anyone to avoid it at all costs. The risk of disease from rats and mice must be quite high in that kind of structure. Glow sticks were available to buy(!!) for children to see in the darkness of the bale.
On the plus side, lunch was lovely, but £2.80 for two teas in a grotty mug was a bit of a rip off.
Overall, they are on to a little goldmine as it was packed and there isn't any competition of this type in the area, just a shame it's at the cost (literally) of families that need to have value for money these days rather than be ripped off.

3 attraction reviews
“Ok but there are better ones out there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

It is good and the kids love it. However, I have visited better farms that cost a similar price and have superior soft play and children's play facilities. I realise that a fire destroyed it partially, however I think it needs some investment. The soft play is ripped and tatty and generally covered in bird poo. Saying that, it is really handy for where we live and we have an annual pass as there is nothing else near that is comparible.

Visited October 2012