“No Compromises” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Swindon
“No Compromises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have used this restaurant for years and have always enjoyed a friendly welcome, good service and generous portions that are well prepared and presented.

They have stayed with their quality offering through the downturn and have never compromised on the ingredients that they use.

There's a good and varied selection on the menu and something for everyone.The wine list is pretty good, some nice Italian wines at reasonable prices.

We have always found the service friendly and efficient, very helpful if you have kids. We have now reached the point where we don't have at least one spilled drink and a selection of dropped food items under the table at the end of the meal.

It's a really nice restaurant with a good attitude to customer service. It has my vote.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wiltshire
“Always excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

we have been a few times. The last one was a spur-of-the-moment thing after a Wednesday evening meeting. We arrived at gone 9, but were warmly welcomed. Not rushed to make choice, great service and the food was wonderful, as always - especially the veal. Oh - and they were happy to put my leftovers in a doggy bag (I couldn't eat the large portion!) Yes, a bit pricey but, as an earlier reviewer said, here you get what you pay for - quality.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Nice Food, Little Space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you're going for the food, then I would recommend La Cabonara.
If you want to talk, forget it, you're packed so tightly in, you can hear everyone elses conversations.

Bath, United Kingdom
“A favourite which has never disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Carbonara occupies what appears to be a former Public House but has been an Italian Restaurant for quite a while, it must be several years since my 1st. visit. The menu is wide and contains all the usual favourites, I decided on this occaision to get out of my usual rut and order items I had not had before stating with Lobster Soup for starter and a Prawn Risotto as a Main Course, both were excellent , the latter being a large helping and I rested before choosing a Creme Brulee ( not particularly Italian but I have a weaknessfor this pudding ). My companion had chosen a Sirloin steak as a main course, again it was a generous size and the obliging staff happily put half in a 'doggy bag'.The wine list is moderately priced and the ambience relaxed.

• Visited November 2012
SN5 5GP
“Friendly staff but food not very inventive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Have been there about four times in the past and the waiting staff are friendly in fact a sometimes a little too familiar but that is my slightly old-fashioned way maybe.and not necessarily a fault of the restaurant. The Italian theme seems veritable and the food is good. I do think it is a little expensive and the menu not exactly inventive or extensive. I think they try hard and seem like a family business. I have eaten in many Italian restaurants and for some reason this one just misses the mark for me. I think I feel that they are a little complacent and maybe don't try as hard as they might. I think the familiar approach masks what I would call 'good service'. Otherwise I would still recommend but I am not rushing back there.

• Visited January 2012