“Wonderful Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 413 Restaurants in Derby
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We always enjoy lunch at Darley's as a treat for my Wife. As she is in catering she always looks for REAL food and is never disappointed here. The staff are always attentive and we find the cost very good for the quality of food and service. I would and have recommended this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Pretentious ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We visited Darley's with friends who had visited the restaurant before. We thought the food was excellent and most of the staff were attentive and helpful. However, we found the maître d's table side manner a little patronising and rude particularly when ordering in the lounge area and during payment. If this had not have happened I think we would be leaving a more positive review and enjoyed the overall experience a lot more.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Quality is always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've visited Darleys at least 10 times in the last 12 months and on every occasion I have had consistent service, quality and atmosphere. We take friends who visit as we can be sure they will have a great meal. Strongly recommend.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Came here for a Sunday lunch which is a set price of £25 for 3 courses. I was a little unsure of what to expect as I thought that the menu I'd seen online was a bit 'fussy' but was pleasantly surprised at what was actually served. Food was plentiful with a good selection to choose from and well cooked. Service was friendly and efficient. We were told that all high chairs were taken when the booking was made as we had a 10 month old with us but we could not see any other children occupying them. Perhaps they didn't want the baby in with the adults? The setting is lovely overlooking the River Derwent. As we didn't pay the bill, I can't comment on how expensive wine & other drinks were but I expect that they weren't cheap.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Food that speaks for itself..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I visited Darleys over the weekend for an evening meal. I'd been before, but many years ago and prior to the refurb, so I didn't know what to expect. As you approach, you catch sight of the entrance door adorned with stickers.. So many that they're running out I space. Michelin recommended stickers going back years, various reviews and awards tell their own tale. As we walked in we were pounced upon by friendly staff, and seated in a lounge area with complimentary nibbles for a pre dinner drink. The meal itself was fantastic. Wood pigeon with cherries to start, and fillet of local Derbyshire beef to follow. There's an extensive wine list and the food was cooked perfectly. I rarely give food a perfect 10/10 but on this occasion it's warranted. A nice touch was the waiter giving me a selection of 5 different types of bread roll with my meal. Price wise, it's definitely a foodie restaurant. That is to say, if you're a foodie and the meals good, you don't mind the price. If you're not a foodie, you might think it expensive. Pre dinner shorts, water, starters, mains and 2 bottles of wine came in at £125, but it was definitely worth it and I'll definitely go back.