“Greek wonderland.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Greek wonderland.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Four of us eat at this restaurant midweek in late November. The place was very quiet, however if you wish to go at the weekend you need to book early all year round so i am told. i can see why too, very authentic ( we all had Mezzee) freshly cooked, the drinks too are all Greek.
My wife and i will be back for sure.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Knebworth
“Revisit your Greek holiday..... IN DERBY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

For our weekend break in Derby we stayed at the Hallmark Hotel by the station. A good enough hotel but we wanted to walk into the town and find a nice restaurant for our evening meal. After our sightseeing we passed many restaurants and for some we were a bit early for eating and others were just too noisy or only served fast food. We were best part of the way back to our hotel when we by chance noticed what we thought might be a restaurant on the other side of the road. It was not lit up and there was no menu outside but we investigated further. Inside we found a beautifully decorated authentic-looking Greek restaurant and the owner introduced himself. We were the only ones there - it was only 7 o'clock - but were made very welcome. We ordered the mezza and a bottle of red Greek wine. Well.... the first course came and then the second and the owner warned us not to fill up on bread as there were many courses to come. He was absolutely right!
I cant remember exactly how many courses there were but we were very full by the finish and every course was freshly cooked and really delicious! Cannot recommend this little piece of Greek heaven highly enough!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I went for a meal here last night. We enjoyed the food and the staff were attentive and prompt. Restaurant is decorated with authentic Greek items and it has a very relaxed feel. Will definately visit again and recommend.

Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Why haven't I visited this place before?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Derby all my life. I must have driven past this place thousands of times but I've never visited the Greek Taverna before.

Don't just a book by its cover - the outside may look like someone's house but for me, this simply adds to the character.

It was a wet miserable day but as we walked inside, we were transported to a holiday atmosphere. Perfect for a group of friends.

There was 6 of us and we all ordered the mezze. It was a constant stream of little dishes of great tasting Greek food. Plenty of veggie food for me too! The veggie moussaka was gorgeously cheesy! Yum.

Great value and highly recommended. We were there for 3 hours and it flew by.

Its not in a obvious food area of Derby but it is only a 2 min walk from the Westfield centre and 5 min walk from the train station.

It's not a place I'd go for a romantic meal but definitely would go back again with family and friends. It'd be a great place to go for a works night out.

Visited October 2013
“Yamas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

GREAT service from the boss, heaps of yummy greek food!! I lived in Greece temporarily so it was nice to get a taste of Greece in Derby of all places! I would definatley recommend - we even had a free shot of orange liqeour for the birthday girl! - We could'nt believe the great value when the bill came over either!

• Visited October 2013