“Why haven't I visited this place before?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Why haven't I visited this place before?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Derby all my life. I must have driven past this place thousands of times but I've never visited the Greek Taverna before.

Don't just a book by its cover - the outside may look like someone's house but for me, this simply adds to the character.

It was a wet miserable day but as we walked inside, we were transported to a holiday atmosphere. Perfect for a group of friends.

There was 6 of us and we all ordered the mezze. It was a constant stream of little dishes of great tasting Greek food. Plenty of veggie food for me too! The veggie moussaka was gorgeously cheesy! Yum.

Great value and highly recommended. We were there for 3 hours and it flew by.

Its not in a obvious food area of Derby but it is only a 2 min walk from the Westfield centre and 5 min walk from the train station.

It's not a place I'd go for a romantic meal but definitely would go back again with family and friends. It'd be a great place to go for a works night out.

Visited October 2013

86% Recommend
Derby, United Kingdom
“Yamas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

GREAT service from the boss, heaps of yummy greek food!! I lived in Greece temporarily so it was nice to get a taste of Greece in Derby of all places! I would definatley recommend - we even had a free shot of orange liqeour for the birthday girl! - We could'nt believe the great value when the bill came over either!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oxford, United Kingdom
“What a brilliant evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

From the minute we walked into the restaurant, the service was brilliant - they couldn't do enough for us.
We had the Meze for 5 - wonderful food, served at the right pace and a great selection.

Wine was good and the ambience was perfect.

All in all an excellent evening.

For all those girls out there who check these things - the toilets were extremely clean.

We have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Like stepping into Greece”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Beautiful Greek restaurant in central Derby. For those of us who spend much of our summer holidays sitting in tavernas in Greece/Greek Islands a couple of hours in this restaurant transport you back to the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of those idyllic times. The menu contains all the customary appetizers, main courses and desserts and the food was cooked to perfection and very tasty. Wine served in a jug/carafe evokes memories of Greek meals far away! Atmosphere in the restaurant was very pleasant with Greek/Cypriot posters on the walls and Greek piped music playing in the background.Service was excellent. Only 2 criticisms really...firstly it was quite expensive £96 for 3 people. And secondly, try and choose a busy time to book your table or when there is live entertainment. We went at 7.30 on a Thursday evening and there were only 2-3 tables used at any time so it was very quiet.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I had a short stay in Derby and stumbled across this lovely restaurant. We had a 1st class meal consisting of hot feta starters, with kleftiko for myself and stifado for my wife. Very tasty indeed,well looked after by Andreas,our host.Will def visit again when in Derby.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere