“Meal out with friends” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #200 of 423 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi Derby is situated along Friargate and is great for both parties and smaller groups. It’s design has been inspired by the Rolls Royce factory and the building’s origins as a grocery shop. Its quirky layout helps to add to the great atmosphere on an evening. In summer we fling open all the windows and doors (as long as the sun is shining), which gives the rear conservatory a real feel of the Mediterranean.
Derby
“Meal out with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Group of four couples out for a meal. Service pretty good and food nice. Better than your avaerage pizza/pasta place. Only complaint is too many reflective surfaces make it noisy - does go to show how busy is was though and how much people were enjoying themselves!

Visited January 2013

Castle Donington, England, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently visit Zizzi derby with my friend for Sunday lunch. The waitress was fantastic as she recognised us from previous visits and even remembered certain menu choices. I love the decor and there is always a lovely atmosphere will a great view if your in the front of the restaurant. We also had a on line voucher for a main course free which was a bonus... Will definitely go back again

Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went just for a meal between friends. The greeting was friendly and the service was excellent.
The duration of the meal was as we like it, not rushed. All the food was deliceous and the drink was first rate

Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Nice place with great food and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Service over the telephone:
I booked a table for two over the phone for the New Year's Eve. Voice on the other side of the telephone line was really friendly and helpful. I rang them several times afterwards just to adjust some details and service over the telephone was second to none!
Sitting:
When arrived the restaurant was half-full, there were some empty tables, although we were offered really nice one, so thumbs up for that as well.
Waiting staff:
Waitresses who served us were extremely patient - I was undetermined what I'd like to order, so she had to be patient listening to my order and advise what would be better for me.
Everything has been done in the professional manner.
We've been served by two waitresses and they were very friendly and polite!
(Shame on me, can't remember the names).
Food:
The food was outstanding! Me and my fiance went to Rome this September and wanted to take our memories back and this food was as good as original Italian cuisine!
Portions were big and they even made exclusive dish for us according to our whims.
Atmosphere:
Whole restaurant is well decorated and really cozy. Tables were clean and everything looked really well looked after. Can't remember if there was any music, but even if it was, then the levels were balanced really well, because we could speak normally without any issues.
Overall:
I'm not a big restaurant expert, but I used to work in one before, so I believe I have vague idea what to expect from restaurant.
All our expectations were satisfied! Would definitely come back and recommend this place to my friends and colleagues!
Keep on doing the same great job!

• Visited January 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Nice food, relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Zizzi in Derby is good value for money, and has a nice menu with choices of pasta, pizza and risotto. Wine and drinks are rather expensive, only real downside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere