“Clean and comfortable ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Derby
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed two nights at International Hotel and we have no complaints at all. We arrived around midnight and were greeted by friendly staff. The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable and the facilities in the room were more than suitable for a standard room. We had breakfast one of the mornings. It was delicious, plenty options and the staff again were very friendly.
Thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
cockermouth uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

A pleasant room with a great view. Welcoming, helpful and friendly reception staff.
There was quite a loud hum from (I gather) kitchen fans that went on moderately late in the evening.. slightly intrusive in the room, but they were certainly off before sleep time, and then all was quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Although a budget Hotel it represents very good value for money.

Normally I would complain about the décor and the state of the decorations but not this time due to the extreme value for money.
Friendly, helpful staff. A nice cooked breakfast.
All in all a place to stay for a short visit.
If we need too we will stay there again.
A very good value budget Hotel.

Covent Garden, London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had a couple of nights here as part of a theatre company tour and found the room spotless and the staff, especially Joyce, excellent and nothing was too much trouble.
All enquiries were answered with a smile and an attitude that suggested nothing would faze them.

And breakfast was lovely too. The porridge was, according to my colleagues, a joy to eat and the hot breakfast I can certainly confirm was filling and well cooked.

Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have just started work at Rolls Royce Derby and doing my usual hotel testing run before finding one for long term. I stayed at one night this week and found it is very good. The staff members are superb specially Joyce , Christine and the reception staff. The place is very clean and inviting

Joyce was very welcoming and showed me to my room which was on top floor. Unfortunately I don't like staying in high rise hotels for fear of fire. This being a former school the corridors are so narrow and I had difficulty finding my room 3902 as signposting are bit confusing. But the room was immaculately clean and bed was very comfortable, The tvs was flat screen with 100+ channels . Whats more there was a desk where you can work. I am a high pressure shower man and hate drip drip showers in some hotels . So I was pleasantly surprised to see the power shower on top floor(just like our powerful RR engines) . The room was cold at midnight because the heating had tured odff . I hope it wont be the case in mid-winter

I am surprised one reader says that Breakfast was a hit and miss. It was superb,. There were fruits, cereal , bacon and egg etc etc etc and the hard girl who served us all alone was smiling and courteous . Since I don't drink I don't know how good bar service but my colleagues at work have told me that they serve excellent food

The hotel was the great start for my day. I think £40 for B & B in a superior room is well worth and I recommend this to any contractor. the besty thing in this hotel is the cheery and helpful staff . If I get a room on ground floor or first I would certainly go back there and might take up residence long term too

Overall I recommend this as a good budget hotel for all contracting people who stay away from home during the week

Room Tip: Go for a room on lower floor and on the back where yiu don't et traffic noise
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My new husband and myself had our wedding reception in the Darley and Denby rooms at the International Hotel on the 14/09/2013.

The room was set up the night before to give us access for flowers and favours that evening/the morning on the wedding. Which took pressure of on the day for my husband and his family who had the horrible task of setting everything up before the big moment.

On arrival after the wedding, we checked in and went up to see the room (118) a newly refurbished suite. The rooms was large with tv, sofa, chair, bed and a lovely bathroom.

After taking 10 minutes out for a drink we went down to the basement function rooms to see the venue. The bar was stocked and staffed (no optics?) but otherwise all ready.

The party planner on site was soon to advise us that one of the chefs had walked out and not turned up for his shift, leaving just one chef to organise a hot buffet for 110 people and cover the restaurant upstairs, this being said the food was fantastic, hot and enough to not only feed everyone once but enough for people to go back and get seconds when they wanted.

We had a few dietary recruitments to cover and they did this with little fuss and everyone was left full. Which is a plus for a wedding.

The following morning the room had been cleaned down and the flowers and cake made ready in a separate room for us to easily take out, without the fuss of worrying about the room.

Everyone who stayed had breakfast together, this was a mixture of hot and continental breakfast with fresh toast, coffee and tea brought to you at your table. My husband got to meet the chef who saved the day who was pleasant and made time to say hello even though he must have been very busy.

All in all the day was fantastic, the staff friendly and polite and the rooms clean, fresh and comfy.

No complaints from any of our guests who spent the night.

I will look forward to visiting again in the future.

Room Tip: 118 was great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Close to city centre, room 117 and newly refurbished so was very pleasant, staff helpful. Breakfast a bit hit and miss but what we had was good.Good for over night stay for some local shopping and some great bars in city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to International Hotel? Share your experiences!