“food ok,services varies, not cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Derby, United Kingdom
“food ok,services varies, not cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Ive been twice now on the first occasion a young guy served me he was fast polite & helpful.
the food did take a while to arrive but was worth the wait.
drinks tend to be very expensive ,food is reasonable in cost.
the second visit an young lady served us who was slow and seemed unhappy in the role.

Great decor they really make an effort.

Try the Malt shakes ,kids eat free which is a great offer.

give the place a try

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

63% Recommend
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“american diner? you have to be kidding!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

on arrival we stood in a queue of us three - staff looked at us as though we were aliens....eventually one young lad (they have older people at the local creche) appeared looked us up and down, grabbed two menus and turned his back on us....I suggested to my wife we should follow - I wish we hadn't......he provided our grand daughter with some paper and grubby pencils...and disappeared - we didn't get asked if we wanted drinks.....I suggested after a short time we should get out and go for a chinese or curry - but our grand daughter wanted to stay!! - some time later our friendly chap came back with some good advice - the lager was over priced I should say so - 2.65 for 275ml of carlsberg - but there was little option even though the cokes at 10p more were refillable.,....anyway we went for food so - here's some info on the food - it was awful.....and to think its 8.25 for a 6 oz burger - you can buy 2 packs of aberdeen angus burgers at the local co op 2 mins away for £4 and they taste oh so much better - the fries were made from what exactly.....yes the food was barely edible.....but that didn't phase our man!! - he smiled as he juggled plastic ketchup bottles!! But the biggest insult to mans intelligence is - at the card machine you have to click the right button before entering a pin number or you end up giving them a tip !! - well I have a tip - find one of the senior managers and give him a disguise and see if he likes what he / she sees.......if you want a good meal - catch a bus to ecclesall road in sheffield and try Yankees, thats american or the mudcrab diner opposite thats a real treat!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nomtastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Love love love this place!!
This place always seems busy, the staff are friendly enough, the atmosphere and music is great and the food is excellent!!
We was told when we arrived that there would be a 45 minute wait but by the time we had ordered our drink and decided on our food it didn't seem to take that long.
I highly recommend the caramel swirl milkshake its just simply amazing!!
Its just a shame they have taken off the menu the cheesy chips

Also we got 15% off with our loyalty card, cant be bad!
Cant wait for our next visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Impressive for a theme restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good menu, indifferent service, reasonable price for the goodly portions, and as fair an approximation of actual American food as you can find in the UK. The buffalo wings are particularly worth trying.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Good food but terrible service!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I visited the OK Diner in Derby on Sunday with my boyfriend and two friends. We'd had a heavy weekend and were looking forward to an american feast to get us going again. In the end, it was just terribly frustrating.

When we arrived it was very busy and we got the last free table, so we expected a bit of a wait for food. What we didn't expect was for people who'd ordered AFTER us to get their food AND FINISH IT before ours was even prepared...

After waiting an extraordinarily long time (during which we had to ask for coffee refills because we weren't offered any) we eventually asked where our food was. The (not very friendly) waitress told us that there were two chefs in the kitchen and that the orders are divided between them, so if one chef works slower than the other, the orders start coming out in a different order to which they were placed.

WHAT?!

In a fair and logical world, the orders would go in IN ORDER and then as soon as a chef completes one set of meals, he/she can move onto the next order in line. That way, you don't get people, like us, feeling that they've been forgotten as meals come out to people who ordered after you did!

In the end, we ordered our food at about 12.45pm and three of our meals arrived on our table at about 1.45pm. The fourth meal we had to wait another 5 minutes for. At one point I noticed it on the bar waiting to be brought to us, and in the kitchen I could see the waitresses having a nice little chat - completely neglecting their responsibilities. I stared at them until one of them looked up, saw me (and the plate of food) and brought it over, shamefaced. I'm not sure if her mumbled apology was because we'd had to wait, or because I'd caught her shirking.

We were running so late by the time we'd finished eating that we had to go and ask for the bill (I think we'd have been waiting another 30 mins for them to notice we'd finished eating), and this made our waitress shake her head at us...what terrible patrons we were being!

I also had to go up to her to try and pay the bill because, after depositing it on our table, she failed to return! I neglected to leave a gratuity...

All in all, this place is TERRIBLE.

The food is good, but it's not worth the horrendous wait. The waiters/waitresses are more interested in chatting with each other than looking around the room to see if any of their customers need help or have been waiting for too long. They were utterly incompetent.

I used to love this place and had been really looking forward to going back (I always seem to pass it after it's closed for the evening), but after the experience we had at the weekend it'll be a long time before I bother going back in - if at all. I should have asked to speak to a manager at the time, but as we were running so late I shall have to content myself with writing a letter to their head office.

• Visited December 2012