“Aimee,s 21 st” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 23 Nightlife in Derby
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Derby's ultimate party venue, hosting birthday parties, wedding receptions, christenings, children's bouncy discos every weekend.We have three function rooms all different in size and style, no party is too small and no idea is too crazy!. We will turn your dream into a reality with our bespoke party planners and in house wedding coordinator.We are directly opposite Derby railway station and are open all day for food and drink. Whether you fancy an italian coffee and a light meal while you're waiting for a train or you are staying in a local hotel on business and want to come over and try our famous derby homemade burgers then come in and see us!.Eat // Drink // Party // Waterfall
Derby, United Kingdom
“Aimee,s 21 st”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We wanted to organise a 21st party for my eldest daughter on 11th aug 2012. We contacted the waterfall. And arranged a visit. We was met by very polite staff and was introduced to the owners who were most helpful and also very friendly. We were given free access to decorate the very spacious room to our own taste, the communication between us and all the staff was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them.the evening went superb and the bar staff played a major part in keeping everybody watered and happy,
I know that we would have no hesitation in contacting the waterfall again for future events, and I would like to send my thanks and appreciation to all at the waterfall.... And see you soon..

Visited August 2012

Burton-on-Trent
“Wedding 04 August 2012”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I attended a wedding at The Waterfall on Saturday 04 August 2012. We should have had some idea of the fiasco it was going to be when we went on Friday to decorate the room. The bride and groom discovered that their second wedding planner had been dismissed and that a lot of what they had been told was part of their package wasn't and shouldn't have been promised ie waiter/waitress service. the meat would be served to guests and then they would have to queue up to get vegetables from the carvery! There would be four choices for dessert - chocolate, carrot, lemon drizzle and vailla sponge. They were the same as the tiers on the wedding cake. They had been promised gateaux and cheese cake by their planner. Concessions were made by management - vegetables would be served in dishes and there would be lemon tart and apple pie and cream for dessert.

The reception on Saturday was a disaster. When we sat down for the meal all seemed to be going reasoably well but the waiters did appear nervous. Soup was spilt on our table and dow the back of the bride's dress and the groom's suit. There were insuffient bread rolls for all of the guests. They obviously weren't well trained as they collected some of the soup bowls that were finished as the guests finished with them rather than when everyone had finished, some they never coleected and the side plates weren't cleared at all. The some bowls of vegetables were placed on the tables form the bottom upwards rather than the top table first. This method of serving happened for the remainder of the meal. The mains were very slow in being served even though they had been placed on the carvery. The bride and groom went to the servery area to help to organise who should receive which mains. They were reassured by manage ment that the staff knew what they were doing. Eventually the bride and groom,accompanied by one or two family members served most people their main course! The food by this time, both mains and vegetables were almost cold. So much for hot food being served at the minimum temperature of 63 degrees F! The bride was distraught by this time and both she and the groom did not eat anything for the remainder of the meal! The quality and the quantity of the food was good it was just cold! Deserts were served without any problems but that was the first course to be uneventful. They tables were never completely cleared so it was difficult for the guests to sit anywhere for the rest oif the evening. We cleared some ourselves so the we had somewhere to sit, place our drinks and chat.

It was a fiasco. It is somewhere I could never recommend to anyone. Havbing worked in the trade for a number of years I couldn't believe what I was seeing - the lack of organisation and supervision of staff was unbelieveable and the contravention of food safety for me suggests that the venue has a great deal to do before it is issued with it's next certificate from Environmental Health.

Visited August 2012
“It alright”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Food was nice, beer done its job and wasn't too exspensive and when we went out for a smoke they threw our full pints away but replaced them. Nice!

derby
“bad food, bad service & bad attitude. AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

poor food.
i was missing my sauce and had to get up to ask for it.
Then my dinner was appauling. I complained - nicely, and was fronted with a snarling waiter who stated three reasons why (and i quote) "well your not getting a refund"...
1. "well nobodies complained before about thier meals"
2. "You've eaten some of it" - when i hadnt it was still all on my plate as i actually COULDNT eat it - it was discusting!
3. "we've had problems with your friend before" - which was nothing to do with me & we all didnt know what they were talking about.

Three rubbish excuses. I said something needed to be done and all i got was "Well your not getting a refund" i said "well i wont come in here again" in which i got a reply of "Oh well, thats fine"

absloutely terrible customer service and i am appauled at the attitude more than the food!

Visited October 2011