“Best Italian Restaurant ever visited - Excellent Night” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Derby
“Best Italian Restaurant ever visited - Excellent Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We couldn't have started the Christmas season any better, my wife and I are big fans of Italian food and this is by far the best Italian restaurant we have visited.
We arrived at 7.30pm and as soon as walked in we were looked after even though it was very busy !! The staff were all friendly and attentive and the food was delicious, we couldn't have asked for anymore. When leaving we were given a free Italian liquor and vouchers for our next visit. Can't wait to go back.

Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Congo
“Fantastic Restaurant,amanzing service and food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I would say La Doce Vita is a 5 star restaurant. It just perfect,the reception was very freindly,ecxelent service and the food just to die for. Plus we were given a free bootle of wine.This is one of the best Italian restaurants I have EVER eaten. We are thinking of going back just before christmas this time with family.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“SUCH A SHAME THE SERVICE WAS POOR!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My partner and I visited this restaurant during a weekend away in Derby. We did the research on places to eat in Derby and were so looking forward to a very special night out together. We had booked a table online around 3 weeks earlier but strangely, the waitress could not find a reservation. No worries though as a table for 2 was found. We sat down and waited. And waited. After around 7-8 minutes we were given menus and asked if we wanted drinks. We ordered drinks. We were then asked by another 2 servers if we wanted drinks-it seemed that there was no allocated waitress/waiter for our table. After waiting another 10 minutes we had to ask where our drinks had got to. We were served our drinks and ordered our food. When the food arrived- we didn't wait too long- it was absolutely beautiful, I had duck and my partner had veal. Stunning presentation, hot and very tasty. We waited around 20 mins for the plates to be cleared and would have loved a dessert but after sitting for another 20 mins without being asked if we wanted coffee or dessert we decided to leave and asked for the bill. The bill was paid promptly and we waited for the change from the bill. And waited and waited. In the end my partner had to ask for his change-I do think that maybe the waitress thought that the change was a tip-around £5. If the service is good a tip would have been left. We noticed that the waiters/waitresses seemed to look after the regular customers and were most attentive to those customers to the detriment of the first time customers. Such a shame as the food was so, so good!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“What a great night.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

My girlfriend and I went on a Friday night , 4 weeks ago, we booked the table for 6.30pm, we were the first in there but it soon started to fill up. Being there before 7pm and for ordering a starter & mains we got a free bottle of wine but what was a really nice touch was that there was complimentary bread, a course of a minty type soup and lemon liquers at the end of the night. The service was first class, in particular Delroy Taylor who looked after us all night.....a really friendly bloke, he made us laugh, took photos for us and gave us a sizeable portion for our shared dessert....we were too full to have a dessert each ! The food was great, really tasty and at a reasonable price, the decor was modern and smart, overall there was an excellent ambience. We were only visiting Derby for the weekend but if we were ever there again I would definitely eat at the La Dolce Vita again !! Thanks to everyone for a great evening.....

• Visited November 2011
North Yorkshire
“Nice restaurant - not as good as I was expecting though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We'd heard great things about this restaurant so booked for our wedding anniversary. The decor is very glam and personally, I found it a bit gloomy on a nice evening. There wasn't the usual atmosphere that I like in an Italian restaurant either. The food was lovely but I found the menu to be quite limited and expensive (I know it's been expanded since so there may be a wider choice now). The service was good and we did have a nice evening but I won't rush to go back. I think I just prefer a more traditional Italian dining experience!

• Visited May 2011