“Lovely little place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Derby
Hoddesdon, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here for one night book in late but there was no problem our room was ready and was clean and tidy there was some paint coming of the wall in the bathroom but it look like some painting was going on in the bar so hope it will continue on in to the bedrooms dinner was never nice and the breakfast was plentiful all over a very nice place .

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this lodge for one night this weekend and loved it!

On arrival we were impressed by the lovely surroundings and how quaint the lodges appeared. It made a nice change from boring high rise hotels!

Check-in was quick & easy, I had booked via booking.com & then emailed the lodge with some requirements which were immediately dealt with by Natalia. We were given what we asked for and I could park right outside our room no problem. (Room 8)

On entering the room we saw it was a nice size with a double bed, built in wardrobes, tv, tea/coffee and a bathroom which was clean and had a bath/shower. I had requested a disabled room (for parking mainly and so that I didn't have to use stairs as I have knee replacements) and this was granted. There was a ramp and a grab rail by the toilet but had I had bathing issues I would have struggled with the shower over bath (there was no grab rail in the shower) I'm not sure if wet rooms are available so bare this in mind if you are a wheelchair user.

The bed was very soft, this might bother some people but I felt it to be very comfortable.

There were extra blankets in the wardrobe and a camp bed. There was also an ironing board, iron and trouser press.

The rooms had a heater but we didn't need it.

There were blackout curtains and blinds in place which were useful given the early sunrises at the moment.

We didn't eat in the carvery as we had travelled for a surprise party but the breakfast was nice with a lot of choice. The dining room appeared nicely decorated.

The 3 staff embers we saw were all helpful and polite.

Would definitely stay here again if we visited the area! I much prefer the charger and few skinless of this lodge compared with the chains such as grave lodge and premier in (who charge nearly double the price to this lodge!)

The lodge only has 16 rooms and it seems overall to be a nice well maintained establishment.

• Stayed June 2014
Chippenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have visited the Littleover Lodge hotel several times over the last three years and always found it good value for the money and certainly better than the larger chain hotels for value and amenity. The staff are always very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are very good as are the carvery lunches. A good place to stop if visiting Derby or the surrounding areas for a few days.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms seem to offer more privacy and are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Four of us stayed here for three nights very clean Anton and his staff made us very welcome nothing was too much trouble and they all proved very good company food was excellent breakfast served in Bistro very good dinner in Bentleys outstanding met Chris head chef again a very nice young man with lots of ideas and ambition for the restaurant will definitely return. Frances C husband and friends.

Room Tip: Can only say that all rooms were in good location
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

When we first arrived here we we were offered room 3. It was very small, old fashioned and needed quite a bit of maintenance. For example the wall that adjoins the bathroom and lounge room is swollen from moisture from shower and the paint is peeling off. Not a very attractive look. Because I had heard about some larger, two story rooms here, I went and asked if any were available. I was very happy to hear that one was, and so we moved into that for our two night stay. It was huge in comparison and well worth the extra cost to upgrade. So, my ratings are based on this room not the first one. We also ate in both restaurants...the Carvery was just average...very much pub food. The meal we had in there up market restaurant, Bentley's was excellent. We would highly recommend that one to you. Breakfasts were pretty good, with quite a nice choice of food.

Room Tip: I would ONLY recommend staying in the larger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We spent two nights at the Littleover Lodge Hotel when we brought my 91 year old mother back to visit her hometown of Derby, England. Very nice accommodations and the service and food at the restaurant, Bentleys, was superb! However, the best thing about the Lodge are the wonderful people who work here. We felt so well taken care of!! Anton, the manager, went out of his way to accommodate us; Karen in the pub got us a great deal with the local taxi company to drive us to all the spots in Derby that my Mom remembered; Rubin at Bentleys was a perfect host; and Natalia in the office was as sweet as she could be. If we ever get back to Derby, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stay at the hotel every week and eat in the restaurant nearly every night. The rooms are clean and the beds comfy. The staff are very friendly and helpful and make me feel at home. The food is always top notch made by a top notch chef and excellent kitchen staff. I've stayed all over the U.K. And the littleover lodge is by far the friendliest most welcoming place to stay and dine.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Littleover Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!