“Faultless” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the Midland Road in Derby, a street filled with restaurants and caf��s, The Viceroy Restaurant stands out as one of the most stylish dining destinations in the neighbourhood. Smart and upmarket, the dining room at The Viceroy is filled with modern furniture, plush carpets and colourful lighting, and the sophisticated atmosphere is suitable for dinner with family, clients or friends. The menu is extensive, but The Viceroy Restaurant���s specialty is Desi cooking ��� a traditional home-style of Indian cooking full of flavour and cooked over slow fires. Only a two minute walk from the Derby train station, this restaurant also has affordable prices as well as a fantastic selection of wine.
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been to the Viceroy many times over the years, and I must say the reason for this is the perfect food and sublime service. Each time I have been I have recieved a complimentary Baileys, as has my partner. A complimentary desert was also offered on two occassions. The food itself is beautiful, as is the presentation. On this particular occassion I had the Desi Lamb - would definitely reccomend this. Cannot stress enough how much you should try this restaurant. I have eaten in the Anoki, Shalimar, Mount Everest, Spice Lounge and countless others, and to date this is still BY FAR the best. If anything I would say that it is a little pricey, but with amazing food and an outstanding service, who can complain?

• Visited April 2012
TheViceroyUk, Owner at Viceroy Derby, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for leaving a review for the Viceroy. It has been our pleasure serving you over the years and thank you for your continued support and kindness. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

“Top notch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Visited the Viceroy on a weekend away with my partner after reading the good reviews on here. It did not disappoint, great food, friendly service and reasonably priced (we had 2 mains, 2 rice, 2 poppadoms and 2 glasses of wine for around £34).

TheViceroyUk, Owner at Viceroy Derby, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for leaving a review for the Viceroy. I am very happy that you had a fantastic time at the Viceroy. Look forward to seeing you again.

Rashid Hussain
“afteb, nicki, jessika was brillent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

excellant meal and value and service. Made sure we was satisfied with all services, table service and great atmosphere x

TheViceroyUk, Owner at Viceroy Derby, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for leaving a kind review for the Viceroy. Great to hear you had a fantastic time. Look forward to seeing you again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Mushrooms pretending to be lamb for an over inflated price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I went here with a fairly large group and we were really looking forward to the meal having read such good reviews. Teh restaurant itself was nicely decorated and the staff were very friendly. Full credit for first impressions! I ordered a Bhindi Ghosht, which should have come with Lamb. Well, to be fair it did come with some lamb, but it was hard to find amongst all the mushrooms! It seemed as though they were running very low on lamb and instead of telling us that decided to substitute most of the lamb for mushrooms. The lamb that I did manage to find was a bit tough and not what I would expect from an 'award winning' restaurant. Shocking given the premium prices compared to most curry houses in Derby. The sauce itself was average and after a disappointing meal it is very unlikely I shall be returning here again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TheViceroyUk, Owner at Viceroy Derby, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank your for leaving a review, I am very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your last visit to the Viceroy but this is a very (I have personally seen the bill) unfair review. When your order was taken, you requested extra mushrooms , something that you have failed to mention in your review. In addition during our standard meal and service checks no issue was raised.

We served numerous lamb curries on that evening and everyday. No one complained or even raised issue. I find it very hard to believe that we got it so very wrong. If any issue was raised, we would have been more than happy to cook a fresh curry to your liking no questions asked.

We are a fine dining restaurant and were proudly presented with restaurant of the year award for 2011 not only for our food but our high quality of service.

I will be personally speaking with the restaurant manager to ensure the correct procedures are being followed and all customers are approached and encouraged to speak up if any aspect of their visit to the Viceroy is not to the highest standard.

London, United Kingdom
“Very Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

First class food with service to match. Delightful decor and comfortably busy on a Friday night with good ambiance.
This establishment comes highly rated by my wife and I.

• Visited March 2012
TheViceroyUk, Owner at Viceroy Derby, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you both for visiting the Viceroy and leaving a review. Hope to see you both again.