“weekender” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pentahotel Derby

You added Pentahotel Derby to your Saves list
Pentahotel Derby
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Locomotive Way | Pride Park, Derby DE24 8PU, England (Formerly Ramada Encore Derby)   |
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Derby
Glasgow
“weekender”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Really enjoyed my stay bar and lounge was very comfortable could have been a big bigger bar staff were brilliant and service was very good room was good and very quiet. Really enjoyed my stay and would come again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I chose to stay here as it is close to the roundhouse where I was attending a Christmas party with work. On arrival I was checked in by a friendly young receptionist who made me laugh and cheered me up after a long day at work. The reception is on the end of the bar and I think that's really unusual but cool and modern. The whole of the downstairs was done out brilliantly with a free pool table and ps4 and a big bar with loads of choice and great, fast service by the staff - same girl who checked me in was working on the bar, great that the staff can answer questions about any part of my stay and aren't confined to one area of the hotel. Candles everywhere and cool fires created a lovely cosy atmosphere and I would have happily stayed there all night! Didn't eat in the restaurant but breakfast was amazing - so much choice. I've already told loads of friends about how cool this place is and I will definitely return!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here for one night over the weekend as I was in Derby for a night out with some friends. I was surprised when I walked in at how modern and cool the hotel was - totally different to any hotel I've stayed in before. The free wifi and use of the pool table, gym and sauna was great too! The hotel is situated just out of town which is nice because it is quiter than a more central location but still within easy reach of the city centre.

I had dinner before we went out which was fantastic and the breakfast in the morning was unreal. I was served by Chloe who was so friendly and helpful and really went out of her way to get everything I wanted.

If I come back to Derby I will definitely be stopping at Pentahotel again!

• Stayed December 2014
TomGallimorePenta, Manager at Pentahotel Derby, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear valued guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights food was great spaceous rooms and Amy at the bar gave me really good service thanks penta really enjoyed my stay will deffently be staying again for sure thank you again penta

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels. The team here in Derby are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit. I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I had a great experience staying here at the Penta Hotel. I visited with a friend and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, particularly when we went downstairs to the bar. The bar-woman, Amy, was very polite to us and made us feel welcome. I am likely to stay here again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotel Derby. It was really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I are always thankful of hearing that we have got things right! I hope that we will see you back again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed over at this hotel for the first time for 2 weeks as I was in Derby for a course. Too keep it simple;

- Great staff engagement made it feel very welcoming. (Jack, Chloe and Amrita were excellent to name a few)

- The room was good - had everything I needed.
- Used the gym which was a good standard.
- Dinner and breakfast was also to a high standard - Variety of options.

The only thing I would say was we waited a while for the food to arrive on the first few nights at dinner but this was ok for me as staff acknowledged this and you could tell they were doing their best. Also the Wi-Fi could have been much better as I needed this to remote access to work intranet but it was way to slow in the end had to hotspot on my phone.

All in all great stay I would definitely stay here again if I'm in Derby again. Highly recommended.

Thanks guys.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at pentahotel Derby. It is always nice to hear that we are doing things the right way! I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Recently stayed at the hotel on a 3 night business trip. On arrival at the hotel I was checked into the hotel by a lady with short brown hair who immediately made me feel very welcome. I ate in the restaurant multiple times and the food was great. Great range of choices and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I was delighted to discover that football is shown in the lounge area which was a nice surprise as it meant I could unwind without having to be confined to my room. The rooms were clean and the wet room style shower was a nice change from the usual hotel bathroom. Overall the hotel made my time away from home much less painful. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Derby. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels! I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Tom

Been to Pentahotel Derby? Share your experiences!