“Good all round Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pentahotel Derby

You added Pentahotel Derby to your Saves list
Pentahotel Derby
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Locomotive Way | Pride Park, Derby DE24 8PU, England (Formerly Ramada Encore Derby)   |
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Derby
“Good all round Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed here in the past and the hotel has been taken over since my last visit. The atmosphere is great in the bar area and the rooms have all you need although a bit minimalistic. Facilities good with plenty of parking and a stones throw from the station. Only criticism is the lack of a plug socket near the mirror so my partner had issues straightening her hair ! ... I didn't have that problem!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TomGallimorePenta, Manager at Pentahotel Derby, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Traveller,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us at pentahotels. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay & I can now also confirm that we are due to start a refurbishment of our bedrooms in the very near future which I know will only make things even better. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay!

Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Really nice hotel, Great food, Clean, Tidy - Faultless!...
The Staff were amazing, great sense of humour, very helpful too! Connie & Jimmy made me feel right at home - couldn't do enough for me! I had to get some paperwork delivered from work and Connie delivered it right to my room! Nothing was too much trouble.

Best Breakfast I've had in a hotel for ages!

Next time I'm in the area, i will definitely book into this one!!
Well done guys....Love you!
:-)
x

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TomGallimorePenta, Manager at Pentahotel Derby, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear valued guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed at Penta Derby a couple of months ago - on arrival I was greeted by a young girl at reception who was very polite and well mannered who explained fully where everything was, and booked me into have dinner that evening - the food was top notch I had the mackerel to start, a pasta dish for main (Spinach and pinenut fettuccini) and cheesecake for pudding. The waitress was the same girl who checked me in - introduced herself as Chloe - was very informative and helped me choose my dish. The same girl checked me out in the morning and wished me a good day. Overall food was lovely, staff/service was 10/10. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed October 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels. The team here in Derby are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit. I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here to visit y son who lives a mile away. Hotel is on a business park so lots of pubs and restaurants bit not far from city centre. Obviously used a lot by business people and employees from local sites. The atmosphere at night was lovely, all Christmas lights and very festive. Quite a lot of guests in the bar which made for a good vibe. The room was perfectly clean, bottled free water a nice touch and lovely free shampoos etc in the bathroom. Full sky tv and free wi fi. Slept really well as no where near main roads. Not in a very picturesque place but thats why the hotel is where it is. Had a glimpse at the gym and the facilities seemed really good.All the staff were very helpful and accomadating and the decoration throughout is of a high standard. Would definaltey use this hotel next time visiting my son. Didnt stay for breakfast as wanted to get off early but it did smell delicious as we were waiting to check out.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at pentahotel Derby. It is always nice to hear that we are doing things the right way! I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Pentahotel changed from a ramada hotel and opened after a transformation earlier this year. I was there before, during and stay on a regular basis. It has drastically changed and provides a great theme and ambience with lots of comfortable spaces in the public areas. It has a wealth of different things on display. Some of which querky but nice, for example the lizards (not real) on the wall over the lift doors.Room prices are reasonable and the food is of a high standard. Breakfast is superb lots of diversity and tastes catered for. The staff in nearly all cases are great also, welcoming, friendly, accomodating and happy to ensure guests are looked after and enjoy their stay . The best by far is Hazel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views and front for me is better.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Derby. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels! I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Woking
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Looks great but wifi and some staff let you down. Your night bar was slow - aloof or just too busy to cope, your wifi meant that i was unable to work before my appointments. Then the shock of being told there was a car park charge after paying for my room, very poor indeed Penta. This is derby and not even central derby..smacked of profitering.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here in Derby.
It was disappointing to read that we only provided an average experience for you – this is not what we aim for. If you would be willing to return back to us, we would love to hear from you and get further details on how we could have made things better for you.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My partner and I recently stayed here and we had a fantastic time! The hotel has a very cool, modern vibe and the free use of the pool table was an added bonus as was the complimentary parking! The room was clean and comfortable, as was the bar and restaurant area! Staff were all very friendly, in particular Chloe who was amazing, nothing was too much trouble!
Food in the restaurant was good quality and the service was friendly and fast. Located only 10 minutes from the town this hotel offers both the chance to relax in it's quiet surroundings and opportunities for a little more should you require it.
We will definitely be returning, thanks to all of those involved in making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at pentahotels here on TripAdvisor.It was really nice to read your comments & I will be sure that the team are thanked for making your stay enjoyable. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.

Tom

Been to Pentahotel Derby? Share your experiences!