“A refreshing change” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“A refreshing change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

There are a few Nepalese restaurants in Derby and this is the best. The service is very courteous and efficient and the food is hearty and is often an interesting twist on traditional Indian Fayre. The Lamb 'momo' starters are a great boiled dumpling with oodles of flavour.

Visited October 2013

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Tasty alternative to Indian/Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the second time we've eaten at the Mount Everest, having sought it out after our last visit. We're not particularly familiar with Nepali food, but this was accessible whilst still being "different" enough from the usual Saturday night choices. I had a fish dish which was salmon based, cooked just right, with a rich spiciness; my partner had lamb which was rich and beautifully tender. It wasn't very busy, which was strange, but maybe we went at the wrong time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding in every respect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have been with the missus, with my pals and with the kids and every time has been amazing. Just back from collecting a takeaway tonight and felt compelled to write. Had to wait 4 minutes tops for my order and got a free half of Mongoose - excellent. Service always amazing and food sublime. I am no an expert on Nepali food but I know what I like and I like the Mount Everest. Derby has some amazing Indian/sub-continent restaurants but this, in my humble opinion, is the best.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby, United Kingdom
“Probably the best of Derby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've visited many restaurants in Derby but this one was probably the best of all. Since the moment we have ordered our meals, we felt amused and taken care of. Furthermore, prices are great and the food is authentic. I will definitely visit Mount Everest many times again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby, United Kingdom
“Lush food at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food at Mount Everest has blown me away, very reasonable, a great menu and always service with a smile! One of my favourite curry's in Derby!
Paneer Shashlik is highly recommended. YUM!

Visited August 2013