“Great atmosphere great food and a good stab at great service” 4 of 5 stars

01332 208262
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta, British, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
cambridge
“Great atmosphere great food and a good stab at great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

After a slightly shakey start we had a lovely evening at Graze. Just a small whine really but if you offer appetisers on your menu dont bring them at the same time as the starter. Consider things from the customer viewpoint ans co-ordinate in the kitchen. And call me old fashioned but please let us taste the wine and then serve the ladies first. OK whine is now over. The food was really nice both well presented and imaginative for the price as well as being delicious..No complaints whatsoever on that score. All the staff were really friendly and the lad with the tight curly hair is indeed a charming young man and a real asset I would say. Thanks to all for a pleasant night out.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent!! Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went here on Saturday 8th June 2013 in a party of 9 ladies. The waiter (the guy with tight curly hair) was really great and looked after us so well.
The food was amazing and because they have such a varied menu it suited everyone!! The prices are very reasonable including the wine, which is often way over the top in restaurants.
The atmosphere was really nice as there were a few groups in but it wasn't too noisy and we had plenty of room between tables.
I would definitely recommend Graze

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thursday evening and five people we thought booking would be simple but no we couldn't have a table until 8pm which was odd given how empty the place was we sat down but one can only assume they are careful as to how many staff v covers they have as everything else was excellent. The food was great (BBQ sweet pulled pork - yum) and everyone had a great time. I had the chicken with Risotto and my only comment was a little heavy on the seasoning but that is my taste only and I can say it was still good. Everyone even had dessert they looked so good, please though next time do the crumble the right way up - crumble on top - I'm a traditionalist when it comes to crumbles. One note if you want bread order it when you order food, they prepare it to order, and you can tell, so it takes a few minutes but worth it. Service was excellent too, very attentive but not overbearing. Full marks Graze for a true Derby Restaurant it is great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, UK
“Very nice food in a bustling but cosy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went here with family when back in Derby and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was attentive despite the restaurant being very busy and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. Will be back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derby
“Over rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Attended Graze as a family party, on the recommendation of a friend. The restaurant was not as busy as I thought it would be for a Saturday night. There was a lot of staff, all very atttentive, almost too much so.
The decor was very stylish, good lighting, and comfortable seating. Unfortunatley, these are really the only positive things I can say!
The waiters almost nagged us to order, and whilst the starters came very quickly, I was disapointed in the content. Everyone had to season their food: my risotto was almost as bland as rice pudding! My husbands pulled pork was cold..
Plates were quickly removed,, and just as quickly replaced by the main courses Although acceptable, they were again under seasoned. The vegatables accompaning were not even fashionably crisp, but uncooked!! The salmon was over cooked, the duck tough, though the steak was ok, although small. We were rushed into choosing puddings, but we declined.
Our bill was promptly dealt with and we were out of the place in less than 2 hours!
The toilets were dark, but clean..
I can imagine the early dining offer is popular, but the A la carte menu is not worth the money, is pretencious, and under portioned. The drinks were very expensive, but a one bottle of water was grudgiingly given.
I will not be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere