“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in Gloucester
Newcastle Uk
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Cornwall , this was our first experience of a budget hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. We found it to be very clean with large rooms and comfortable beds and the bonus of excellent air conditioning. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The only complaint which I had was when we had breakfast at the pub there was an overpowering smell of fumes from the small gas burners they used to keep the food warm. It didn't stop me eating though and I even went back for seconds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GlosBarn, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way to Cornwall. We are glad to hear you found us to be value for money and our rooms to be very clean as we do work to very high standards. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,
Rebecca Newman
Operations Manager

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights having arranged to meeet up with friends. The room was comfortable, very clean and the bathroom spotless (thank you domestic ladies grand job). The pub next door was very convenient and we ate here the first night ... average pub food and the beer and wine were fine (once we got clean glasses with no lipstick on them!) . Sadly the breakfast was not a patch on the breakfast we had last week at a P I in Newmarket, but it was good selection and reasonable though the coffee was on the weak side) that said I have a problem with food kept hot in trays as it does not stay that warm, so I opted for the continental...also had a problem (small) in that our bill was given to us for 6 breakfasts despite 2 of our party having pre paid for theirs ... however a request for hot milk was dealt with efficiently so swings and roundabouts really. One point .... children touching the food was really not hygenic and parents should be asked to prevent children from picking up bread and crumpets etc unless they are going to eat them please
One complaint we had was that we were in room 218, at the end of the corridor and siding on to a very busy main road....my husband and I like to have the window open when we sleep and as a result the noise kept him awake (we did not discover the Air con until our second night there) however the "Good nights sleep guarantee" was implemented and my husband received a refund for the first night.... excellent service.
I would also like to comment on "Pauline" on reception, what a pleasure to deal with, she is a fabulous ambassador for Premier Inns. She printed out a menu for a pub we had thought we would like to visit (and it was excellent) she booked us a taxi and went out of her way to be thoughtful and helpful (I hope she reads this or her boss does because they should hang on to her she is fab) We can not fault this Inn (other than the road noise but if you ask for a car park side room you should be fine) and the pub food whilst not great is ok

Room Tip: ask for a car park side room to avoid the traffic noise but be aware that the sun shines in them so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
GlosBarn, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for the review, I am sorry the first night wasn't great but very glad we were able to resolve this with you. Your comments regarding the breakfast will be passed to the manager of the pub.
I have shown the review to all the staff and I have to say I am really proud of Pauline who has recently joined us. She really is a star.
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here last year for the airshow and our only complaint was that it was unbearably hot in the room. It didn't put us off a second visit though until it got closer to the date and we had really hot weather. When we arrived we were advised that the hotel had now got air conditioning. I could have hugged the receptionist!

The room was clean, tidy and cool :) I stayed with my husband and son and the family room was a decent size for us not to get under each others feet.

The hotel is situated off a busy dual carriageway but it didn't disturb and of us.

We found the staff to be very helpful and polite.

There is a Sainsburys a short walk away and a ten pin bowling alley. We only visited the shops for breakfast snacks for the airshow.
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but we did have an evening meal there and the three of us enjoyed what we ordered. I had a lovely glass of wine and hubby had a few pints of real ale. The staff in the pub were really friendly and helpful.

A great end to a great day at the airshow. We'll be back next year!!

Room Tip: All rooms have air conditioning.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review, it is so nice to show the staff the comments. The air con really does make a difference especially this year! We look forward to welcoming you back next year for the air show.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and 2 boys aged 9 and 12 stayed here for one night as a stop over from Wales. The hotel is clean and the beds incredibly comfy. The front desk staff were helpful and always smiled. The only disappointment was the breakfast from the restaurant next door. I would rate this very poor. We arrived for breakfast at 9.20am. There were no clean cups, bowls, plates and when plates did arrive, no bacon, no mushrooms, no eggs in the heated trays. I waited 15 minutes for food to be replenished. It was quite clear the staff couldnt cope. Two tables pushed together were used to stack dirty crockery and cutlery on...staff too busy to take them in to the kitchen to load into dishwasher? This could well be why there were no clean plates to eat from! A real shame because the hotel is actually nice. Sleep here but dont eat here!!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am so glad you had a good stay at our hotel and I will pass your comments to the pub manager regarding the breakfast.
I do hope we will see you again in the future.
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated for Gloucester, just a short car journey away. The hotel is in a fairly quiet setting although there is a noisy main road so if you are on that side i would imagine it could be noisy. We were on the side and although you could hear the road a tiny bit it didn't disturb us.
The hotel staff were very friendly, couldn't have helped more. On arrival the hotel reception and corridors were very hot as it was a warm day but we were pleasantly surprised to find the room had air conditioning and was wonderfully cool.
We had a family room, it was large and airy and clean and had everything we needed(although my son complained the TV was too small)
Our only complaint was breakfast. In our opinion it should start earlier than 8am. We wanted to get set off early but had to wait til 9am. Also the breakfast area in the pub next door is too small. There are plenty of seats but the area where the food is is all squashed together and as soon as there is more than a few people in there it is just unpleasant. If we stayed again we would probably not stay for breakfast.
A lovely stay though and would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GlosBarn, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am glad you had a good stay with us and hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Kind regards Jane
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here with my two young children and my niece for the Royal International air tattoo. The room, as always was great and could not fault it. Would just like to say how amazing one particular staff member was and she went out of her way to ensure our stay was a great one. Have always used premier inns and especially in this area for the airshow. This is definitely one of the better ones.( even though they are all great )
The breakfast was lovely and there are plenty of other places to eat within a few minutes drive if you fancy a change. Will be staying again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GlosBarn, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for the good review you have given us, I am really glad to see you would visit again and hopefully for the Air show next year!
Exeter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

does what it says on the tin, inexpensve clean and modern hotel accomodation at a sensible price. Modern room and pub style food next door so it had everything we needed for a cheap overnight stay at an excellent price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review, I hope we will see you again.
Your comments really do mean a lot to us all.
Jane

Been to Premier Inn Gloucester? Share your experiences!