“Great for food shopping and staying for lunch....” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Uk
“Great for food shopping and staying for lunch....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been to Daylesford numerous times for food shopping and always seem to end up eating lunch there. (I think my husband times it so that he can) Firstly the burgers are fabulous, and the crab starter is what I make a beeline for. There are a lot of dishes of the day and the menu is good. Not necessarily cheap but the staff are friendly, the service is fine and I think the food is very good. Some of the wines are lovely. The food shop is great. The restaurant and food store is always improving. There is a cookery school there as well. If you are passing, need a loaf of fabulous bread, buy it and stay for a snacky lunch.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

on this computer
“Deli Heaven.... Fact!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I live hundreds of miles from this deli, but have visited twice this year, the deli offerings are so nom nom nom. The meats, eggs, milk, cheeses, breads, raspberry tarts, sauces, dressings, and crackers we bought were ALL delicious and no scraps were left.

Beware this place is gorgeous and very aspirational so you go home and feel like redecorating.

Visited September 2012
Chipping Norton
“A bit disappointed at coffee time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Daylesford is special. It sells exquisite expensive gifts and the organic food shop is wonderful. However our experience at coffee time was less than average. My companion and I each ordered a latte and a raisin Danish. Both lattes came in a smallish cup. The froth took up about a third of mine and I took it back to the counter to have it topped up with coffee. We have eaten fresher, and nicer Danish pastries in many other places. The prices are at the top of the only just acceptable range and they add a service charge. Why? Sorry, could do better Daylesford.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Priors Hardwick, United Kingdom
“Greatly improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Constant innovation appears to be the message here. I have been going to Daylesford for a number of years but never really stayed to eat, simply buy and head home. This trip I stayed and enjoyed a tremendous meal with an excellent bottle. Surprisingly good value for money. The slow roast shoulder of lamb was of imagination as well perfectly cooked.
Loved it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cotswold
“Steak sandwich £13 but it is organic!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Visited Daylesford as my birthday treat. The restaurant was very busy and as I was slightly early I asked if they would kindly reserve a table for me while I waited for my friend to arrive. On time we were ushered to a dirty table and ordered our food. Two steak sandwiches turned up at £13 each (for a sandwich I may add) we were expecting something very tasty of course for that price! It was disgusting - mouth fulls of grisly, tough steak which tasted like cardboard. Very disappointing. Our waiter was very courteous but was clearly too busy to care about whether we were happy with our food as he didn't come near us after delivering it. We ordered coffee thinking we could swill the gristle down, eventually that turned up cold! I hate complaining to staff, it wasn't the waiter's fault the food was horrible or that he was too busy to clean the tables, do table checks or provide hot coffee - was it?

I emailed Daylesford to voice my complaint and didn't get a reply! Customer service seriously lacking hence my rant on trip advisor so if you fancy an overpriced cardboard sandwich on a dirty table with cold coffee don't forget to visit Daylesford.

• Visited May 2012