“Don't believe what you see!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ibis Gloucester

You added Hotel Ibis Gloucester to your Saves list
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sawmills End, Corinium Ave, Gloucester GL4 3DG, England   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Gloucester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Don't believe what you see!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. Very clean and normally polite staff. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I forgot to book ahead. I was going to drive home from work (approx 60 miles) but as I passed the hotel an illuminated sign stated rooms £29. I went to reception - ignored for a while by a lady and man in a white shirt - the lady said she had a room and the price was £45. I asked if I could have the £29 that was advertised on the tariff behind her. At this point the man chipped in and said they haven't got any £29 rooms. I said, in that case they should amend their electronic signs to say from £45. He was very condescending and rather rude. When I said I'd rather drive home than feel cheated, he said something like 'have a good trip home sir'. I'm no mug and know that Premier and Travelodge from £19 and £29 are rarely or never available, the Ibis signs are VERY misleading. They are not a plastic banner outside, they are easily changed electronic signs outside and at reception.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nicolamoir, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. Hotel Ibis Gloucesters room rate starts at £29 and it states FROM on all the signs at the hotel I am sorry if you feel this is misleaing in someway as it is not meant to be. The advertised price is available on website to book inadvance and the further inadvance you book the better rate you get but i can assure you that this rate is available on most dates for advance bookings. Please see other reviews for guests paying this rate. We do not change the price boards as it is a FROM rate but always offer one of the best prices in the area. Kind regards, Nicola Moir, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Having found the hotel...not visible approaching from M5 til past it, parked with ample spaces and checked in. Later, on return milk was asked for at reception but none was available, so one of our party had to drink coffee or tea without it.
The beakfast buffet was ok but some items were hard to find or not in logical groupings. The croissants were very dry.. I was not sure if they should have been toasted or not.
Otherwise the room was small but adequate with a wonderful modern bathroom and very comfy beds. The 2 single beds were very close together, which seemed strange.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel Ibis Gloucester very soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir, General Manager
Belper, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Booked Ibis hotel on Sunday night for just £29. As we have a dog it was great that Ibis group are all pet friendly and the decor in rooms means pets cannot damage anything . This is my third visit to an Ibis hotel and they are always spotlessly clean. I would recommend Ibis to anyone wanting an overnight stay. The only negative point is that there is no area where you can have a meal or breakfast with your dog. This meant we had to eat out.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from busy road as it was very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicolamoir, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was very easy to find, and had ample safe car parking. The staff were all extremely friendly, and happy to give directions to local facilities, as well as information about the hotel itself.
My room was clean, comfortable and well-supplied - and was also a very reasonable size. Although it was above a main road, this wasn't too noisy. Breakfast was a good selection, and as a solo traveller I didn't feel like I was being pushed into a corner to make space for other guests to sit at larger tables.
Overall, I had no complaints and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Nicolamoir, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
So glad you had an enjoyable time at Hotel Ibis Gloucester! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager
England, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent choice for a cheap and cheerful, comfortable overnight stay. Stayed for one night. Good location for our needs and there was a large car park on site. Staff were very friendly and helpful and booking in was fast and efficient. Rooms provided everything that was required. Beds were king size and extremely comfortable. Kettle with tea/coffee was provided. The en suite 'pod' was brilliant. The shower was absolutely fantastic, best ever! Only downside was that the bodywash/shampoo dispenser was completely empty - perhaps an oversight, but it is a basic thing for cleaning staff to check and it was a good job we had brought some of our own shampoo/bodywash. Good sized tv in room but limited availability of tv channels. We paid extra for breakfast, which was a standard price. Breakfast was extremely good, plenty of choice of tea/coffee/juice, cereal, fruit, yogurts, bread/croissants etc as well as a full hot cooked breakfast if desired. Check out was prompt. Would happily stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to theHotel Ibis Gloucester very soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager
Abergele, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here to break up our journey home to North Wales from Devon on the Bank Holiday Monday. It was a last minute decision and therefore we hadn't booked a room. This was our first time staying at an Ibis. We were looking to stay in a Premier Inn and passed this Ibis so we thought it would be worth a try. It cost us £49 for the night which we thought was reasonable. The room was clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable! It had a pod bathroom with a shower, which was powerful enough. It had a flat screen tv where you can plug in your mps player to listen to music. It also had pay per view movies which we thought was a nice touch. Internet was available at a charge which we did not use. The room had air conditioning which was needed because it was a very warm evening.
We didn't eat at the restaurant we went to the Chef and Brewer down the road which was recommended by the staff - and it was lovely!. There is also a bar at the hotel. We had breakfast at the hotel, which is expensive for what it is but no more expensive than other hotels.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
If I had a choice of a Premier Inn or Ibis I would choose and Ibis just for the little added extras.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Hotel Ibis Gloucester very soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Been to Hotel Ibis Gloucester? Share your experiences!