“Outstanding !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bed Restaurant (Burnsey Eat Drink)

Bed Restaurant (Burnsey Eat Drink)
24 Kings Road, Harrogate HG1 5JW, England
01423 568600
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 342 restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: English, Seafood, Vegetarian, Healthy
Description: BED - which stands for Burnsey Eat Drink - is a superb and super-friendly restaurant on the Kings Road in Harrogate. Spread over three floors in a beautiful Georgian manor, BED has a bar on the ground floor and two separate dining rooms decorated in kooky colours. The cosy, unpretentious vibe and quirky sense of humour woven into the d��cor and the menu at BED makes this restaurant feel like a home away from home. All food is cooked fresh to order, and the restaurant boasts a selection of over 40 wines and Champagnes. We love the burgers; the lime seared scallops; and the lamb marinated in honey and mint served on a bed of crushed new potatoes.
northumberland
“Outstanding !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We visited BED last weekend following Trip advisor recommendations , and were not disappointed! Its advisable to book at weekends as they can get busy .

The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly and staff knowledgeable and helpful although they all looked they worked kwik fit during the day ( thats not a bad thing )

The waiter took our order and instead of pushing for extra sides , advised that we probably have enough to eat with what we had chosen , which was honest !

The meal itself was out of this world ! I had the scallops for starter and belly pork for mains and my partner had goats cheese and chirizo and lamb shank mains .Everything was perfection from taste to presentation and service during the meal prompt and unintuitive.

If you are in Harrogate you must visit !

93% Recommend
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully relaxing with great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Travelled from North Devon to Harrogate and wanted somewhere intimate for my Husband and I on the first night that served freshly prepared and locally sourced food. B.E.D. delivers on both counts. Reserved the night before online and Dave responded with a very welcoming personal message, which set the scene. The attention to detail and personal service from all staff, especially Dave, was first rate. We had to smile when we first arrived and all staff were wearing onesies. Thought this was their uniform to fit in with the title of the restaurant, only to find they were wearing for Children in Need - keep as the uniform from now on, I say! The food was delicious, service first rate, location perfect and I can see why they are still there 12 years on. DEFINITELY recommend. Thanks Dave and the team. Keep up the great work and ignore any negative comments.

Victoria, Canada
“Great place with fun staff and terrific food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Last weekend I travelled to Harrogate with a friend. The catchy name and posted menu drew us there for dinner. While we didn't have a reservation, they were able to seat us if we could be out of there in 1 3/4 hours in time for the next reservation. The staff were fun and knowledgeable and the food was terrific. We had plenty of time to enjoy our food. If I lived there it could easily become my local place to take out of town guests. It is a quirky place which I appreciate. Modern food: YES! Will recommend to any friends visiting Harrogate.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“super place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I attended a 40th birthday here recently and it was fabulous. really great food and on par. So relaxed and accommodating I will definitely consider this for parties in the future. Great team, great food and great atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Manchester
“Refreshingly Non-Corporate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The ambiance here reflects the owner's personality rather than some corporate focus group's consensus opinion - and is all the better for it. I took my mum and my family here for a quick bite on a Saturday lunchtime and everyone enjoyed it, from 15 years to 76 years old.

The food is innovative, well thought through, and, most importantly, tastes good. The service is personal, attentive, and delivered with a good sense of humour.

When the local guy delivers a product like this, why would anyone want to eat pre-prepped ready meals from a chain franchise?