“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

26 Ripon Road, Harrogate HG1 2JJ, England   |
Ranked #68 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Had been looking forward to staying as it had been my family home as a small child in the early 60s and although I couldn't really remember any detail it didn't disappoint. Very clean and comfortable rooms and very relaxed atmosphere. Sandra had advised us in advance that she may be out when we were due to arrive but left very clear instructions on the key safe and all worked fine. As others have said great breakfast and also great location, only a 5min walk to the town centre.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexa_HouseHarrogate, Owner at Alexa House, responded to this review, May 5, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Your old home is still a beautiful house and I will continue to look after it carefully.

Come again soon

Sandra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manningtree
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights 11 - 15 April 2013. Clean and comfortable but being in the front 1st floor room broadband did not reach, due to a problem probably with interference from next door. If having broadband is important to you check first. They may have solved the problem by now.

The en suite shower water flow was weak and on the Sunday morning when the B&B was full the water reduced a a dribble. In fact I had to abandon my shower as the little water that was coming out was cold!

However for accommodation in Harrogate overall our stay was comfortable with a good freshly cooked breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexa_HouseHarrogate, Owner at Alexa House, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Yes you are right we have sorted the WiFi... Apple to the rescue so we now have full signal again all over the house.
I'm really sorry you struggled but if you hadn't told me I would never have know so thank you.
Kind regards from all at Alexa House
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Relaxing. Fantastically well appointed. Even down to cotton buds in the bathroom. Beautiful breakfast. Amazing service. Would definitely stay there again. Made our stay truly wonderful. Even allowed us a late check out to the minute as the bed was so comfy

• Stayed April 2013
Alexa_HouseHarrogate, Owner at Alexa House, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Harrogate is a lovely place to chill isn't it.

From all at Alexa House
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Alexa , when we arrived Sandra introduced herself and asked if we had been to Harrogate before and as we hadn't she gave us a map and directions advise about what to see and where to eat that was very helpful . The room was light and airy with a very comfortable bed , I do not normally sleep well when away from home and was out for the count ( could have been a combination of lots of walking and good food ! ). Breakfast was good a full selection of cereal and fruit followed by a cooked breakfast I had the kippers and would recommend .
Free car park and a stroll in to the town very convenient location .

Thank you for a lovely stay we will be back next time we come to Harrogate .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexa_HouseHarrogate, Owner at Alexa House, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am so please you both enjoyed yourselves.
The food at Mirabelle is delicious but as you found out there are lots of lovely places to eat so I hope we will see you again in the near future.
Thank you for the lovely review from all at Alexa House
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a one night stay at the Alexa House, the room was very comfortable and clean , the staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was excellent. A good location, only a 10 min walk into town.
The only negative was the shower, not much power and not very hot.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the house get a lot of sun but some road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexa_HouseHarrogate, Owner at Alexa House, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am please you enjoyed your visit to Harrogate and Alexa House
I really sorry about the lack of hot water on the morning of your stay. This was due to having a new gas meter and the engineer failing to re-light the water heater boiler. Luckily after having a cold shower early in the morning myself we found out and lit it immediately, it does take a bit of time to get back up to temperature.
All the best Alexa House
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this guest house for four nights while working at the Harrogate Nursery Fair. I had a single en suite bedroom. It was small but well designed and furnished to to a better standard than most three or four star hotels. The whole house was clean and well presented throughout. There was a good choice of cold and cooked items for breakfast - sourced locally. I even had a kipper for breakfast one day. There is parking at the back of the hotel. I would recommend this to any one visiting Harrogate who would like to stay in a guest house run to th best standards

• Stayed March 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We booked a room for one night but our son got an ear infection on the Friday pm, had a bad night and we decided we couldn't go so I phoned at 9.05am on the sat morning to cancel but asked if we could transfer the booking to two nights at the end of May. Response was point blank no, claim on your travel insurance if you have any (which we don't for one night). Admittedly it was short notice but I do feel some leeway could have been given due to our circumstances - going by the room prices I don't imagine this B&B is struggling financially - very hard nosed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry for your disappointment in not being able to cancel your room.
I understand from time to time that people have a valid reason for wanting to cancel a booking. Unfortunately it is not possible to cancel on the day of arrival as I would be unable to re let the room at short notice. I realise that this does seem harsh but this is a policy which is adopted throughout the hotel industry and not something unusual. Wanting to transfer the booking to a later date does not help having already purchased food and arranges staffing for the day in question.
I hope you son is now feeling better.
All the best Alexa House

Been to Alexa House? Share your experiences!