“Does what it says on the tin.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Harrogate

You added Premier Inn Harrogate to your Saves list
Premier Inn Harrogate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hornbeam Park Avenue | Hornbean Park, Harrogate HG2 8RA, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Glasgow
“Does what it says on the tin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Not posh or particularly expensive but comfy bed,good sized room ,excellent shower and perfectly adequate breakfast. No air con but it being hot fan in room and offer of sheet to use under or instead of duvet useful. All staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back probably better as is near a busy road.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sheffield, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two days.
The good thing about Premier inns is that you know what you get before you arrive. The hotels are relatively new, rooms are large, clean and beds comfortable. This Premier Inn did not disappoint on these fronts. Although it claims to be a budget hotel, it is not really that cheap as I paid over £100 per night excluding breakfast and WI-FI. As expected everything is extra but this is OK because you know this is what Premier Inns are like. Breakfast is served next door in the Table Table restaurant and is good value with plenty of variety.
There were two problems when I was there:
a) The room was very hot due to the outside temperature being so high and the lack of air-conditioning. They provide a fan and I accept this is not going to be a frequent problem in the UK.
b) By far the biggest problem was the very poor WI-FI throughout my stay. I got an email before arriving inviting me to check in and pay extra for continuous WI-FI which I did. The hotel provides 30min per day free but after this you pay. I could get no access to the WIFI after the 30 free minutes despite entering the passcode for the 24hour paid for service. Despite repeatedly reporting the problem to reception the issue was not resolved in the 48 hours that I was there. The staff did listen and apologise but they had no back up plan or emergency repair service. For some people having good WI-FI in the evening is very important and this hotel failed to appreciate this. I suspect they felt that guests already booked in, so doing something to resolve the issue urgently was less important,
Had I known the issues with WI-FI at this hotel I would not have stayed here.
I will happily stay in other Premier Inns in future however.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I frequently stay here. The Receptionist (Sarah) is very welcoming, friendly and helpful - even though she must greet dozens of guests every day. The room was very clean and I was offered a sheet in case I found the duvet too warm on what turned out to be very warm night!

The breakfast was very good - a wide choice of items individually cooked to perfection.

Overall a typical Premier Inn - clean and good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here for two nights for the Yorkshire show . Next to Hornbeam Park railway station with trains to Harrogate every 30 mins ( only a 3 minute journey). We got a Taxi ( Blueline) from the Coach and Horses pub in Harrogate back to the Hotel at night for £6 . Pretty much standard Premier Inn, in as much as , you know what to expect. The weather was very hot, but on entering our room there was already a fan in there which helped cool things down nicely. The whole place was nice and clean and well looked after. Breakfast was plentiful ,with lots of choice and as much as you wanted . Most importantly though, we could not have wished to meet any nicer staff. Every one we met was pleasant, friendly and helpful , from book in to departure Well done Premier Inn Hornbeam Park... we will be back . Thanks

Room Tip: We had room 119 which was at the end of a corridor facing the rear car park. Never heard any other g...
lancs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights for yorkshire show, the room was standard premier inn but as we were here for 2 of the hottest days of the year the room was so hot with no way to cool it. They suggested opening the window but as we were on the ground floor with a busy road near the hotel thats not possible. Good points the staff in restaurant for breakfast very friendly and efficient. Hotel is starting to show its age cracked sink in our room but clean with a good shower. This hotel was £114 a night so not cheap, so a cooling system in the room should be standard as heating is.

Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a break away to watch the tour de France. Standards of the hotel were good and reliable as you'd expect for a premier inn. What made this particular hotel stand out, and what made our stay more enjoyable, was the friendly helpful service of all the staff. During breakfast the staff were very friendly and provided a personal helpful service. On check out a lovely lady called Jan was particularly friendly to my four year old daughter who was sad to be leaving. Jan chatted to my daughter and gave her a lion toy to take home, this made my daughter feel special and helped to make her little break away even more special. Thanks

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Maroochydore, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've stayed here almost every year since this place almost opened but it Definately needs some new pillows! I must say I'm amazed by so many excellent reviews....
Touch suspicious IMHO this place is ok, nothing special, very basic but it is really clean and you know what to expect as with most franchises. I guess after staying at the nearby more individual Cedar Court Hotel i had been somewhat spoilt, had a few problems at Premier Inn the tv remote was broken (and you cannot switch tv on from radio without the remote) for first few hours of stay as batteries had corroded inside the remote, tried to call reception from mobile (as no phones in rooms) but no answer after 2 attempts and 10 rings each time I gave up but I did go to speak to the night manager later on when I came back in and he quickly swapped it from another room. Halfway through breakfast went up to buffet for a coffee and returned to find cleaning box with other customers dirty plates had been put where I was eating.. Pillows in my room were old, flat and lumpy but bed was itself nice and comfy. This place is good but in my opinion it Definately isn't great!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Premier Inn Harrogate? Share your experiences!