“Birthday Surprise !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
cleethorpes
“Birthday Surprise !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I have just spent two nights at the Yorkshire Hotel and we were very happy. Started off in room 314, so hot and ooppressive and wwe didn't sleep well. Reception changed our room to 313 - fantastic. Staff were really lovely and polite. Very happy stay and hope to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel-GManager, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear margann,
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us recently on this website. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you can continue to enjoy all that the Yorkshire Hotel has to offer in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Robert Warren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Central location within Harrogate parking nightmare as we arrived late afternoon all spaces had been occupied within this on way town, we found alternative parking. Upon arrive on the reception staff welcoming and helpful rooms basic value for money. We stayed for one night, a couple of hours after checkout I released that I had left my mobile I the room so ran back to the hotel to find the cleaner had bagged my mobile ready to take to reception extremely trust worthy cleaners.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sammylol,
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us recently on this website. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to read that our lost property procedure works and you got your phone back straight away. I hope that you can continue to enjoy all that the Yorkshire Hotel has to offer in the future.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Thankfully the majority of our time was spent out of the hotel...

Our room on the second floor was ridiculously hot with little ventilation. The mattress was lumpy and the pillows resembled a Tesco carrier bag.

The bedding was dated and poor quality and the bathroom was also dated although on a positive note it was at least clean.

On the way up the stairs on arrival, we noticed a half eaten biscuit which I had to step around...it was also present upon our departure!

Breakfast was average at best. I certainly would not recommend this hotel especially at over £100 per night.

The only positive notes were the location of the hotel and we managed to secure a parking space directly outside.

On speaking to a local resident nearby, she described the hotel as jaded...I would wholeheartedly agree with this.

Dear Mark S,
We are really sorry to read about the way you feel about your recent visit as we aim to provide great facilities to all of guests. Apologies for the standard of bedroom you had whilst staying in the hotel I wish that you had raised this during your stay as we always try and resolve any shortfalls that our customers raise.
Leeds (Kent), United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice view from the front, reception ok bar area and restaurant very nice but the room very disappointing almost ancient needs a refurb I paid 108.00 for one night with breakfast the furniture was old and fading the bed sqeeked all the time you moved the floor boards were the same you felt like the next doors were in your room. It was very small and you could hear every movement of everyone else to say it is an old hotel you would think it had thicker walls but no not true staff friendly but the hotel so dated and expensive for what you get I know Harrogate is a lovely and expensive town but this hotel is ripping people off I would return to Harrogate but not to that hotel sorry you need to man up and refurb

Room Tip: No wifi for us even though it said free wifi we were unable to connect the tv even said bad signal
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel-GManager, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Deborah,
We are really sorry to read about the way you feel about your recent visit as we aim to provide great service and facilities to all of guests. Apologies for the standard of bedroom you had whilst staying in the Hotel. I wish you had raised these concerns with me or a member of the management team as we would have tried to resolve the issue. We took over the operating of the Yorkshire Hotel in the early part of 2014 and we certainly over the next few years know we have to invest a lot of time and money so it will finally set us apart in Harrogate.

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for tour de France No parking during our stay so had to go on the train.It cost us 364 pounds for two nights.We had a room on the 4th floor very dark ,only lamps,furniture needs updating.We thought we may be able to watch from the hotel balcony but you had to pay 200 pounds which included lunch.We returned to the hotel during the morning to use the toilet and make a cup of tea,we used the lift but came back down the stairs,and was asked if we came back would we use the lift so we would not pass the people having lunch. My reply was we had paid a lot of money to stay there,the lady did apologize.The cooked breakfast was buffet style but was cold..Very disappointed.

Dear renee w
We are really sorry to read about the way you feel about your recent visit as we aim to provide great service and facilities to all of guests. As you know the Hotel was some 100 yards away from the finishing line so we were informed for security reasons the car park had to be free of cars for the Friday & Saturday. There was no charge to stand on our ground floor balcony if you were a resident however a private company had taken the suites on the 1st floor which they were then selling hospitality packages.
Thank you for your comments.
Huthwaite
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff are lovely but we had a room on the fourth floor and the lighting was awful. There are only 2 lamps and 2 bed lights and no decent light anywhere. It was impossible to do hair or make-up. The bathroom had a 4 bar heated towel rail which had no switch off so being a warm weekend it helped heat an already stuffy room. We had gone for the Tour de France so the hotel location was perfect but it is very tired.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel-GManager, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear ROs55
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us recently on this website. We are delighted that you found the team to be lovely but disappointing that the lighting and towel rail let the room down. I hope you enjoyed the Tour de France certainly having the finishing line only a few feet away from the hotel made it feel really special. I hope that you can continue to enjoy all that the Yorkshire Hotel has to offer in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cranfield, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great position in a lovely town. But oh, so tired. And oh, so expensive. I stayed here for two nights anticipating a great experience as part of the Tour de France visiting Yorkshire. I was severely disappointed. The room cost me £180 a night. It was poky and there was very little else to be positive about. The furniture was poor quality with the veneer flaking off the table and the bedside cabinet. There was virtually no room to walk between the end of the bed and the end of the room. Old-style sash windows, peeling paint, worn carpets throughout - absolutely dreadful. I asked for a newspaper to be delivered to my room. No chance - I had to go out and get it myself.

Very little was offered in terms of service. Nobody really cared. The breakfast was standard buffet style, and it was OK, but I had to ask for coffee and toast. I didn't eat any other meals there, so can't comment on the quality of the restaurant.

On a more positive note, the bed was comfortable and long enough (I'm quite tall). The water was hot, but the facilities were so basic overall. This hotel is in need of serious investment - if it gets this, it could be a winner. As it is now, it is an absolute disgrace.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Chris W,
I hope you enjoyed the Tour de France here in Yorkshire and hopefully be the time the tour de Yorkshire comes in May 2015 you will give us another chance.
Robert Warren

Been to The Yorkshire Hotel? Share your experiences!