“fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arden House

You added Arden House to your Saves list
Arden House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   69-71 Franklin Road, Harrogate HG1 5EH, England   |
Ranked #55 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Stockport, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

my husband treated me to a surprise break this weekend, firstly staying in Harrogate then to Wetherby races. We have stayed at the Arden previously and once again not disappointed, our room was number 10 with the 4 poster bed and it was beautiful, fantastic nights sleep, very good choice for breakfast and the honesty bar was well stocked up. Thanks for the hospitality Bev, will definately return.

Room Tip: well worth the stay at the Arden especially number 10
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have just left the b&b and continuing on with our holiday - the stay has set us in good positive attitude for day two of it. The stay was very good with a lovely gracious attitude to a little problem we had which made the stay a very family friendly place. Each room we occupied was to an excellent high standard of cleanliness, wonderful cozy with warmth and comfortable beds. To be honest this is one if the most important standard I look at and this place did not fail me. The breakfast was very satisfying . The honesty bar was a pleasant surprise and added an unique touch to other places I have stayed in. I would say that the standard and provisions met the price we paid for the two rooms.

Parking coul had been a problem . It's location means there are many car around and the permit areas means you really must get the permit from the b&b and fill it in correctly or your stay will be extremely costly.

Overall I would rate the stay very good indeed and would encourage people to visit if looking for the standards of a good hotel but with a far more friendly personal touch. We certainly did not get the "processed" feel that you can get from hotel chains. We did not get the sense if staff just employed that you would get in a hotel chain and therefore really gives pleasure to us that we are supporting livelihood of an individual who really putting their effort into serving people.

We reallly would recommend this b&b - I would be surprised if you are disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012
Manchester England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked three nights stay at the Arden House, after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor.

I was away on business and had booked a single room here through Beverley, which included a full English breakfast.

Beverley was brilliant from the moment I booked............reassuring me of a very pleasant stay.......to phoning me whilst I was on my way there, to check that I was alright and to ask what time I would be arriving...........to waiting for me on my arrival after directing me there on phone (lol)... to then passing me my keys, giving me parking permit passes for each day to put on the windscreen , followed by showing me to my room, and then giving me a leaflet showing a plan of Harrogate with various vouchers to use...........nothing was too much trouble.

The room was a single, with a small wardrobe and drawers.....tea/coffee making facilities......a nice size bathroom with bath and shower....and had a tv on the wall..

The bed was a single pine bed with slats, and it was a lot more comfortable than I thought it was going to be.....hence I nearly missed breakfast one day!!lol..

The breakfast was superb...........I went into the dining room and everything you wanted was there............. Cereals..............juices..........yogurts etc.. etc..... And then Beverley was there to welcome me and everyone else.......with a "good morning" and a lovely smile............followed by "what can I get you "?

There was something for everyone.............the full English breakfast won me over each day, with tea/coffee, then plenty of toast..... I went for what I called the " Olympic" breakfast on day one... Fried egg, beaked beans, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, fried bread, tomato, and I was popping.........well and truly..........so the next two days it was above but with no fried bread or tomato for me.

But there were many things that you could choose from:- Like scrambled egg and smoked salmon...to a beans on toast or poached egg on toast and other choices....

And the location to the Conference center is excellent.............just five mins away (if that)...........

So all in all would I recommend the Arden House to you? Yes most definately!

Well done Beverley and the lady in the kitchen(sorry I don't know your name) who prepared the excellent food for everyone each morning.

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Comfortable accommodation and wonderful breakfast. Everything I needed to help a special weekend go well. The hotel is within walking distance of a large number of the amenities that Harrogate has to offer the visitor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at the Arden house, only one night while in Harrogate, from entering to leaving everything was good, helpful staff, great breakfast, nothing too much trouble, clean throughout, comfortable bed, help yourself bar, would use this hotel again for sure.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HarrogateTraveller, Owner at Arden House, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and hope you return again. Beverley
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Super hotel located just minutes walk from Railway Station and town centre. Despite the fact I got my dates wrong in the booking, Bev was very understanding and managed to get a us a room, not the one she originally wanted to but it was more than sufficient. Room was plenty big enough and bed very comfy. Breakfast excellent and freshly cooked with plenty of coffee and juices available. Free WiFi ( big hotels take note) was a bonus and honesty bar had wines and spirits. First class stay and will definitely be back again. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am really glad we could accommodate you as you are a lovely couple and hope you return again one day. Beverley
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Yet another good visit to this hotel, well looked after, good food and clean accommodation. Having somewhere to park your car was a bonus. The close proximity to the centre was a great advantage and close to the International Centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, it was great to see you all again and we really enjoyed your company. Looking forward to next time. Bev

Been to Arden House? Share your experiences!