One of the worst hotels i've ever stayed in.
Be particularly careful when in the bar as there is a hole concealed by the carpet in the floor near near the central pillar which will almost certainly result in you falling flat on your face if you are unfortunate enough to step on it.
My single room had a towel rail which had been repaired with duck tape. The wallpaper was peeling in several places. The bath panel was rotten and shedding sawdust all over the place.
Harrogate is full of nice hotels, quite how this one is managing to stay in business is a mystery to me. I strongly suggest that you don't stay here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire