“Nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Court Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Queen Building | Park Parade, Off Knaresborough Road, Harrogate HG1 5AH, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN Cedar Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice hotel in a lovely town! Rooms are good szie and bathrooms well equipped. The bedroom decor a little bit dated, but not off putting in any way. Abou a ten minute walk to the main shopping area. The walk is actually quite nice after a long day working! Breakfast also nice - good variety.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Myself, my husband, brother and my sister in law stayed at the Cedar Court this weekend to celebrate my brothers 40th birthday. On arriving at the hotel we found the public areas and the bedrooms stunning. The receptionist, Natalie was great, she couldn't have done more to help us make this celebration a surprise and it really paid off, thank you Natalie!
We had booked a reservation in the restaurant for Friday evening, the menu was very reasonably priced and food delicious until my brother was half way through his pudding when he found quite a long dark hair amongst his food!
As you can expect we were quite shocked to find this and informed the restaurant manager who offered him a replacement which was declined as the hair had been quite off putting.
As we were in a four star hotel we expected 4 star treatment however, we barely got an apology and found that it must have been quite acceptable for this staff member as nothing more was said about it.
If you stay in a much cheaper Premier Inn a full money back guarantee would have been offered for our stay, this isn't what we wanted however, a little bit more of an apology would have gone a long way!
On a more positive note, this was an isolated incident and overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and is stayed here with our 1 year old son and two other couples for my 30th birthday. I didn't know where we were staying as the trip was a surprise to me, however my first impression was 'wow!' The outside of the hotel was very beautiful. I was impressed. The inside was just as nice. It was clean, open and modern although not too modern. The rooms were lovely. My parents room was a good size however our room was huge which was perfect as the cot fit in the room leaving plenty of space for our son to run around or play with his toys on the floor. The only issues with the room, were that there was no air conditioning and the window didn't open very far so because the weather outside was glorious, the room got very warm very quickly. The other issue with the room was the wifi didn't work as we were too far from the rooter to connect.

We ate at the hotel both nights and both times the food was amazing! There was unfortunately no children's menu however the staff we're very accommodating and suggested that we could order a bar meal for our son, which they would bring to our table when ready, even if our meals were still being cooked so that he wouldn't get too hungry. My hubby, Dad, best friend's hubby and I all had the cheeseboard for dessert and we would all recommend it. You can choose how many cheeses you would like (3-5) and which ones you would like. This is a fab idea as so often there's at least 1 cheese on the board I don't like and I only there's usually too many or not enough cheeses.

The hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk from Harrogate City centre and is an easy route to follow, you can't get lost which us great because I usually do!

I've stayed at Best Westerns before and been disappointed however I was most definitely not disappointed with this Best Western hotel. I would stay here again without a shadow of a doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
hot70000000000000
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference.

Hotel is very easy to find with ample parking available.

Checkin was easy and welcoming, just as I remember when I stayed here some five years ago.

I was allocated a room on the ground floor and very near to reception, which I found to be a little noisy from foot traffic.

The room was comfortable and clean with a good iron and ironing board an a nice large screen tv.

However, the rooms do not have any form of air conditioning and being on the ground floor I was unable to leave the window open during the night or during the day when unoccupied. I was promptly provided with a desk fan on request but this made little difference.

The food in the hotel is very good and the excellent local town is a five minute walk away.

The hotel has lots of period features and the large meeting / reception rooms are beautiful.

I would highly recommend the hotel as a place to stay, but not during very hot weather.

WIFI is free, ask for the login codes at reception or secure them from the bar area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our overnight stay at this first class hotel was a most welcome break on our journey from Scotland to the south of England. Our room was simply excellent and dinner in the Brasserie was equally so. Each course was served with style and flair and the fixed price menu was great value for money. The hotel staff were interested and welcoming. Poor WiFi reception in the room was a minor disappointment but the staff did everything possible to assist. Highly recommended.

Verona, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed one night for business, and would definitely stay here again when in the area. The front desk staff were very helpful, the room was clean with free WiFi, and the bed was OK, although I wish there were more outlets in the room for my devices. We ended up at the bar for dinner and it was unexpectedly delicious - the lemon and pepper chicken wing starter (12 pieces) was too much for three people to finish and VERY tasty, and the burger I had was really good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Nelson, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We went to Cedar Court for the Great Yorkshire show and the hotel was fantastic!

We had tea in the bar which was excellent but could do with some proper tables in the bar area for people to eat on.

Our room was stunning had just been updated and it looked stunning. The light in the bathroom was flickering but told reception the next morning as it didnt bother us!

The hotel was in the perfect location with only a 10 min walk from ASDA! Definitely be staying again next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Court Hotel? Share your experiences!