“Fabulous Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
n.lincs
“Fabulous Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just back from the Crown Hotel.My wife and I loved every second of our stay.We stayed in a lovely room at the front of the hotel.The bar is very stylish and we spent a very enjoyable couple of hours here before going out.All the staff from beginning to end couldn't do enough for us to make it as enjoyable as possible.So good in fact we booked another three nights this week for our fathers 70th birthday!!
Thank You to all the Crown Staff.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CrownHotel200, Guest Relations Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear andy36
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted down your comments and pinned them up on the canteen noticeboard for all the staff to read as they do appreciate such positive feedback.
I hope that your father's stay was as enjoyable for him and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel in a 'Family Room' with a double bed, a sofa bed and a cot. Room was a good size with wonderful big bay windows overlooking the Diamond Jubilee Roundabout. Staff were unobtrusive and helpfull when asked. And the breakfast, oh myyyy the breakfast..... probably the best 'buffet' style breakfast I have ever had with lots of choice including plenty of local produce. The breakfast room was also very imposing and had a lovely ambience.

All said, very happy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CrownHotel200, Guest Relations Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear NathanL
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Crown. We do have several rooms which are suitable for families and cots are available on request, as well as sofa beds for older children. I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast as the chefs pride themselves on the quality of food they serve. The bacon and sausages are sourced locally and the black pudding is now made in-house and much commented on.
I hope that should you and your family come back to Harrogate, you stay here at the Crown Hotel again.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a wonderful birthday celebration at the crown. The room was stunning, the food lovely and the service first rate. The accommodation was perfect and I was given a free upgrade and a birthday card. Highly recommended for location and service.

Room Tip: Try to get one overlooking the town at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear JanySunderland
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations here at the Crown. Our functions rooms are striking and have been decorated very sympathetically and in keeping with the age of the building which makes functions held at the Crown that extra bit special. I am also glad that you enjoyed both the food and the service by the Food and Beverage team and I will pass your comments on to them. We upgrade guests who are celebrating an event at the hotel when we have rooms available so I was pleased that we were able to do this for you on your birthday. I hope that you continue to come to the Crown for future celebrations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have stayed at The Crown Hotel several times over the last few years, and its a pleasure to stay here. The staff are all excellent, friendly and very helpful. This is the easiest review I have ever had to do....and also the breakfast is superb.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear kerikeriboy
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am so pleased that you enjoy staying at the Crown Hotel. I am also happy that you find the staff friendly and helpful and that you think our breakfasts are superb, I shall pass your comments to the breakfast chefs. I hope that you continue to stay here for many years to come and that we always live up to your expectations.
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just back from a 4 night stay at the Crown Hotel Harrogate.. A tad disappointed.. The Hotel itself is ideally situated and very convenient for all the shopping areas, bars restaurants etc... ,, The Hotel is charming and quaint, and has has a some redecoration, but unfortunately that is where it stops.. Our room was very small, very basic, very noisy, and a tad dull, dreary and tired.... The staff were very helpful but unfortunately nothing could be rectified re the bed, pillows, or the squeaky bedrooms floor, or bed springs popping... a good nights sleep was not had by either my husband or I.,, 6 pillows did not help either.. The dining room reminded me of a scene from 'Harry Potter', and the breakfast was I hate to say the worst I have ever had.. Tinned fruit, only bread-rolls, and the hot food left a lot to be desired... Harrogate itself is a fantastic spot, so much to see, cultural and historical and so clean.. Felt like a millionaire , and had so much fun shopping.. A visit to the famous 'Betty's Tea-rooms is a must.. Fab food and celebrity spotting is part of the experience.
We will be back to visit Harrogate again, but not the Crown..

Room Tip: No tips... None of the windows have any type of Double glazing, so noise is a factor..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear 234liz
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am sorry that you weren't impressed by the hotel. We are looking to refurbish some of the rooms in the very near future and as well as redecoration, we will also be getting new beds and will also be investigating ways to solve the problem of the squeaky floorboards. As you are aware, the hotel is a very old building and at times shows her age. The pillows are barely a year old so I am sorry you did not find them comfortable.
I will say I am surprised that you did not like the Churchill Suite where breakfast is taken every day, as it is probably our most striking room with the majority of guests finding it rather magnificent. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast where we offer not only bread to toast and bread rolls but also 4 varieties of Danish pastries as well as croissants, so something for everyone. We offer tinned prunes, mandarin oranges and peaches and also fresh fruit: melon, apples, bananas, pears, pineapple and whichever fruits are in season. There is also a wide choice of hot food with the sausages being particularly popular as is the in-house made black pudding.
I do hope that should you come back to Harrogate, that you give us another try.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

After being let down by the local Majestic Hotel in Harrogate we had to find rooms for a party of 16 for the same day. With needs ranging from a family room to elderly parents it was a challenge to find somewhere that would suit everyone at such short notice. The staff at the Crown could not have been more helpful. The receptionist was calm and efficient in getting everyone sorted out and the staff were so friendly and helpful. They made us a special table in the restaurant complete with candelabras and choices from 3 different menus, they fetched and carried all our drinks from the bar to there we were all sitting in the foyer and generally turned a very stressful situation into a calm and happy experience. After staying at the Majestic for 10 years and watching it deteriorate in service and food we have now booked the Crown for our futures stays. Many thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: We were also upgraded which the hotel are happy to do where space is available.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CrownHotel200, Guest Relations Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Liz H
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that both you and your family enjoyed their few days with us. I know that all the staff who dealt with you, from the Senior Receptionist to The Place Manager were delighted to be of help during your stay.
I remember showing you round one of the disabled bedrooms for future reference and taking notes of your requirements should you come next Christmas which happily you are.
I am pleased that you liked both the hotel and the staff and if we do not see you until then may I wish you all a Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you in December.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Hotel during the Harrogate Christmas Market weekend so the hotel was busy but we still found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The location was perfect and convenient that the hotel has its own car park.

The rooms we stayed in looked to have recently been refurbished in a tasteful and classic style suited to this hotel. They were very spacious and we found the history of the hotel to be really interesting.

The bathroom was excellently fitted out and again very spacious.

We didn't have a problem finding a sit in the bar area in the evening and found it relaxing with good service.

The dining room is a lovely room and the breakfast was very good and the only slight criticism we had was the toast machine. Unfortunately, because it was busy and the bread needed to be put through more than once, it did cause a little bit of a delay but nothing drastic.

We would most certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lyn132
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Harrogate Christmas Market is relatively new and attracted a lot of people and the Crown is ideally situated just a few hundred yards away. As you had a parking space at the hotel it was very easy for you to leave your car and walk across to the market.
I am pleased that you liked your bedroom as well as the Place Bar and the breakfast room and that you found your stay relaxing and the staff attentive.
I hope that we see you at the hotel again this year and that your stay is as enjoyable.
Guest Services Manager

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!