“As expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn

You added Holiday Inn to your Saves list
Holiday Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kings Road, Harrogate HG1 1XX, England (Formerly Harrogate Moat House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Glossop, United Kingdom
“As expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My one night stay was as expected, the room was clean, fixtures and fittings did as they should and everything worked ok. No issues to report and the check in / check out process as Priority Club member worked fine. I didn't have breakfast but it was available if I wanted it.
The staff were friendly at the reception and at the bar and the car park is charged at a reduced rate for guests (£7 for Saturday and Sunday).
The executive room means you get a large bed, bath robes, complimentary wifi and bottles of water.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHarrogate, General Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to read you received what you expected. The reception and bar teams thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Nicolas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights on business in an exec room on 4th floor. Room as expected for holiday inn i.e., basic, "exec" meant x2 bottles of still/sparkling water and complementary chocolate bar, that appeared to be it! Generally the hotel is a bit dated and could do with a refresh. Location is central and handy. Breakfast is as expected buffet fare, not great tbh. Coffee is terrible. Breakfast was not included in rate, if you turn up cost is £15, but if you speak to reception first it's only £10. Bar is ok, food was just ok. Car park is around £7 per night, poorly laid out and always busy. Wifi is charged at £10 per 12 hrs, ridiculous in this day and age. Did not work on final day, so had to leave before 6am to send/receive mail - very inconvenient! Staff seemed to be pleasant and score would have been worse if not for this fact.

Overall disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry if you experienced problems with the wifi, it was replorted on the day in question. Wifi is provided free of charge to our IHG Reward Elite members currently, but from 1 January 2014 will be available for all IHG Reward Members, which is free to join. I apologise if the coffee was not to your liking, many ofour Guest enjoy, but understand it may be a personal taste. We are however very much looking forward to implementing our new offering being Coffee Republic at the end of this month, which I am certain will appeal to many more Guests.

Thank you once more and best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in February 2012 as I was taken to Harrogate to celebrate my birthday, luckily my companion was related to a member of staff so we got a nice discount :-)

The room itself was a comfortable size for two, the bed was of generous size and though a little lumpy, I managed to sleep fairly well, it was clean at least. The facilities in the room were rather worn out but still functional, there was plenty of hanging and storage space, the tv had a mind of is own though and there was no free wifi.

Most of the room was very clean, apart from some stains on the wall above the bed which looked a bit suspicious, (no need to be CSI to know what they were), there was some black mould in the en suite too, so I was unhappy about that. Generally the room looked tired and dated and looked like a refurbishment was well over due, so I was quite surprised about the condition, especially considering the high standards advertised and the original price of the room, it didn't meet my expectations. If we hadn't already been given a discount on the room I would have had words with the manager.

Our room was on one of the highest levels, (I'm assuming it was in the executive part of the hotel as we had to use our key card in the elevator to access our floor) it had a wonderful view over the Harrogate skyline, I took a very pretty photo of dawn rising over the city, very magical looking and one of the best hotel views I've had. I found that part of the hotel to be delightfully quiet, especially as the hotel was almost at full capacity due to a conference for disabled children.

Catering wise we only took breakfast at the hotel, during the conference days I found the breakfast to be somewhat lacking, everything was self service inc. the cooked food, which was all over done. However, once the conference visitors had left and the service had returned to table orders, the quality of the food improved immensely! It's the only breakfast I enjoyed throughout my entire stay, it was lovely!

The staff were all brilliant, very helpful and pleasant, even though they were clearly worn out by the huge amount of customers from the conference.

If I could guarantee my visit would be during a quiet period at the hotel and that my room was fully clean with a decent mattress, I'd definitely stay again, especially if I was offered a deal on room price. ;-)

• Stayed November 2012
We obviously made a lasting impression. Thank you for review us after all this time. We have completed quite a few upgrades since your last visit, including the TV and the breakfast. The Team are still just as friendly and would love to welcome you back.

Until then, best regards,

Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We spent a relaxing Saturday night in clean, modern surroundings. Nothing particularly outstanding to say but still pleasant. We ordered room service so that we could could just relax before a busy Sunday. Close to £40 for fish & chips seemed a little pricey but was nice enough. Again, pleasant but nothing amazing. Breakfast was better and there was plenty to choose from. To sum up, you can expect cleanliness, polite staff and fairly good food in a central location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHarrogate, General Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to see we met your expectations for a comfortable stay. Our fish and chips is popular, and we serve great value meals in our 701 Restaurant, like a two course meal for two and a glass of wine each for just £29.99.

The Breakfast Team will be pleased with your feedback and will join mein welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Kiwi on tour
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Big hotel , in fact biggest in Harrogate - towers over the Harrogate skyline - we were on the 10th floor . Did have a wee bit of Air Con noise. You can see why is good conference hotel. Had great view northwards, good safe underground parking. Ideally located within walking distance to the wonderful streets, parks , pubs and restaurants in Harrogate.Front of house very good, efficient. Rooms adequate - slightly on the compact side compared to Holiday Inn rooms at Stratford Upon Avon. Comfy bed/pillows - adequate tea,coffee facilities . Good bar and restaurant . Would stay again, but would preferably try one of the numerous B&B's in Harrogate next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
From your review, it sounds like we were pretty good at providing a pleasant and comfortable stay and we are delighted to hear that. Harrogate offers a lot of choice for many different likings, which enhances the experience in the town. I am grateful you chose the Holiday Inn as your first choice and do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Only spent the 1 night at the holiday inn but I have to say the reception we received from the front of house staff was top class, the room was clean & tidy but had probably seen better days, I did not have breakfast as there was a fire alarm drill just as I was on my way to the breakfast room the 20 to 30 mins that took meant I had no time, overall the holiday inn is exactly what you would expect from a holiday inn clean, tidy & efficient you won't leave the hotel raving about it but you would check it out 1st if returning to harrogate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnHarrogate, General Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I could not agree more, but thank you for pointing it out on Tripadvisor. The Team is delighted and really pleased to have made such a positive impact on your stay. I am sorry about the fire alarm, but I am sure you appreciate our commitment to Guest and Team Member safety is something we take seriously.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon again.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Me and the wife stayed on 11th floor for Saturday 5th October 2013 for one night.

Check in and check out was excellent with very friendly staff on reception.
Room was excellent with massive king sized bed.
Location was fantastic, only minutes walk from town centre.
Hotel is very large and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was also excellent.

There really is nothing that I can fault this hotel for.

Well done to all staff and management. These sites are mostly used to complain but I am a great believer in letting companies know when they get it right.

Will definitely return and recommend to anyone visiting Harrogate.

Room Tip: apparently the 11th floor is large room