“just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn

You added Holiday Inn to your Saves list
Holiday Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kings Road, Harrogate HG1 1XX, England (Formerly Harrogate Moat House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Howden, United Kingdom
“just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and i had visited the turkish baths before and thought the next time we come we will book a hotel and stay the night.We booked the holiday Inn and it could not have been better.Only a very short walk into the town centre.The staff were all pleasant The room was lovely and clean.We only had breakfast and that was very good.Could not fault it at all.Would stay again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGHIHarrogate, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Sandra C

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following a recent stay at the Holiday Inn Harrogate, I would like to assure you that we value all feedback and use it to value our customer’s experiences for the future.

I was delighted to read of your very kind comments about the various aspects of the hotel which you enjoyed during your stay; I will of course ensure that this is passed onto the team.
I do hope we see you again in the near future and if there is anything further I can help with then I would be delighted to assist you, please contact myself over the phone or via email, I can be contacted on 01423 849988 or on ops.hiharrogate@qmh-hotels.com.

Hotel Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

came here with four other couples one night stay on a Saturday on a kgb deal.On check inn receptionist could only find one room in my name they soon sorted this out.Three couples got executive rooms but they did put in a bottle of wine of me and my husband for the mix up plus it were our anniversary.Nice stay breakfast was lovely with lots of choice.Parking was £5 and was validated for the day.We joined priory club and got two free drinks in the bar.The hotel is just a short walk to the town center.

Dear YorkshireHairdressor

I was delighted to read of your very kind comments about the various aspects of the hotel which you enjoyed during your stay, I will of course ensure that this is passed onto the team.

wakefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Everything about the weekend was brilliant.
The hotel was the best I've stayed in for a long time, all the staff were very friendly and curtious,the room was very nice indeed everything you needed was in the room and there were a couple of free compliments waiting for us.
We had dinner on one of our night stays and I would like to complement the chef, I had mixed grill with extra trimmings and it was cooked to perfection the best one I've ever had and I've had plenty.
The breakfast was buffet style and and there was everything you could have wanted to eat.
We can't wait to return.
Mr S Carter..

Dear WakefieldSteve

I was delighted to read of your very kind comments about the various aspects of the hotel which you enjoyed during your stay, I will of couse ensure that this is passed onto the team and in particular the kitchen brigade for the mixed grill!

Falkirk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just returned from a David Urquhart coach holiday and we were based in the Holiday Inn Harrogate for 4 nights. Our impression was that given it's location adjacent to the conference centre, it was catering mainly for the business market and during our stay, there was certainly an abundance of "suits" around the hotel.
This would probably explain the extremely high drinks prices ( delegates claiming hospitality on expenses ) but that apart, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our sixth floor room was a bit on the small side but had a nice view and was spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was also spotless and equipped with bath, shower, good sized towels and a small selection of toiletries. The only gripe was the old fashioned television but I understand flat screens are about to be installed later this year. No air con either, but not required in September in the UK! However, a small fan was supplied.
The breakfasts were self service and first class with a wide selection of cereals, juices, fruit, fresh hot croissants, yoghurts etc and some of our party even had porridge made specially for them! Vending machines supplied a wide range of really good coffees and toast was a diy job on the rotating grill. The hot breakfast choice was also excellent and included sausages, eggs fried and scrambled, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, beans and all very well cooked.
The staff in attendance each morning were extremely pleasant and helpful and special mention here to waitress Dana who was an absolute joy! Always smiling and took time to chat even although the restaurant was usually busy. Thank you Dana and best wishes for the future!
We ate in the hotel every evening and had no complaints. The menus were varied and also included vegetarian options. Ample portions with tea or coffee to finish and again, the staff could not have been more helpful.
The hotel is within easy walking distance from the town centre facilities and attractions and is a good base for touring the surrounding area. Thanks to you and your staff for a very pleasant stay, but please please......... sort out those drinks prices and we'll be back!

Dear Lensman9

Wow, what can I say to respond to such a glowing and detailed review other than thank you, I was delighted to read that the team made such a positive impact on your stay, I will ensure that they all have the review feedback to them, in particular Dana who hs proved to be a real asset to the team.

I will of course note your comments about the drinks prices but it is worth mentioning that we haven’t joined many of our competitors in raising the prices they have been static for the last 18 months.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Courteous professional staff, lovely clean hotel. My partner left her hairdryer behind and it was posted back to us within a day of reporting it, free of charge!

The only issue we found was with the large windows in the restaurant where we had breakfast, it was a shame they weren't clean.

There was an excellent choice of food at breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Glenn3053

I was delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay so and receieved your hair dryer back! I will of course pass on your kind comments to the Houskeeping department who look after lost property and the rest of the team in the hotel.

In terms of the windows, we are currently looking at having our “cradle” for the windows replaced so I do apologies that the windows were not up to the usual high standards.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Harrogate for two nights recently whilst attending a trade show in the HIC next door. The location is faultless and was super convenient for the HIC. The staff were very welcoming and the room was lovely. Clean, spacious and perfect for what I needed. There was a little box of chocolates in the room from the manager, a lovely touch and complimentary water also. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and the breakfast staff helpful and attentive. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I would recommend it as a great place to stay for any Trade show attendees.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Killerqueen24

Its always pleasing to read when a customer enjoys the personal touches that we pride ourselves on in the hotel, such as the complementary chocolates, even more so when they recommend the hotel and its team to others. I will ensure that your glowing feedback reaches all concerned.

Tenerife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a late deal for one night on a Saturday. On arrival the young lady at reception was fantastic. She was smart, cheerful , friendly and very helpful, what a great greeting , I asked her name as I felt she should be mentioned but unfortunately I did nt write it down, but I do remember it was very unusual if that helps.
The room was spotless, roomy and great views across the city. Bathroom was sparkling clean with lots of quality items to use. Great location meant walking to centre in two minutes. Would highly recommend this hotel for any kind of stay over . Will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Choose high floor for great views .