“They just get it right” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Great Yorkshire Break
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Harrogate
England
“They just get it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel on a number of occasions and really find it difficult to add anything to my earlier reviews, however not to do so would be a great disservice to the excellent staff and the quality service they provide.

They simply seem to get everything right, service, accommodation, food all rank with the best hotels I have stayed in but a special mention to the staff who are perhaps the hotels greatest asset.

Thank you again for another superb stay

Room Tip: Room 261 is superb, and I think holds Rudding Parks secret stash of slippers
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Rudding Park when we made the trip from Manchester. I'd done a bit of research online and I knew that this was THE place to stay in Harrogate. From when we first drove in the front gates, it did not disappoint. Everything was lavish. We had a short wait when we arrived, but were told it was because the upgraded us to a terrace room (last room on the right on the very end wing - the same floor you walk in on) and were getting everything ready. Champagne and Betty's chocolates were waiting upon arrival (something I organised as a surprise for my boyfriend) and the room was spectacular. All light switches were a touch pad and you could access every light from BOTH bedsides. Huge separate bath, rain shower, underfloor heating in the bathroom, massive king size bed and ample room to move around. The staff were welcoming and friendly and went out of their way to assist. The grounds and facilities are brilliant and so beautifully taken care of.
I don't think I could fault one thing about Rudding Park. They take customer service and satisfaction to the nth degree. It was expensive, but it was worth every penny - right down to the bath amenities, it was so worth the stay. We'll DEFINITELY be heading back.

Room Tip: Stay on the end where you can get an outdoor terrace. Away from the noise and get to sample the wond...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a romantic getaway and it did not disappoint. We stayed in rm162 which was a spa room and was just perfect, very modern. We ordered room service and had the Yorkshire tapas which was worth the visit alone. We also had an evening meal in the clock tower where the food was good but not amazing but still thoroughly enjoyed it. Great staff especially Stephen one of the managers who went the extra bit further, very nice chap. Amazing place made even more special to us as I proposed to my gf, and it may now even be our wedding venue!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here with my friend and enjoyed a spa package with overnight stay on the 15th/16th October. It was to celebrate her special birthday and wow how special were we made to feel! I cannot praise all the staff highly enough for making our stay so good (particularly the reception, portering,spa and restaurant). They were all friendly, warm and welcoming whilst still being professional.The whole atmosphere was one of peace and tranquility and the setting was gorgeous.
The hotel gave us a room upgrade and champagne which made us feel like royalty!
We had spa treatments which were fabulous. I have never had such a good massage, it really made me feel relaxed and refreshed and the facial gave my skin a healthy glow.
Our evening meal was taken in the conservatory part of the restaurant which was light, airy and relaxing. The menu was varied, the food was superb and the waiter service excellent.
We are already planning when we will return and have already made several recommendations to family and friends and encouraged them to visit.
A big thank you to the wonderful hard working staff at Rudding Park for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: I cannot think that there would be any noisy parts of the hotel as the entire setting was secluded a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It's been an amazing experience. Great location with beautiful grounds. The staff went above and beyond to provide an excellent service.
A very special mention to Rory Gilbert who was the friendliest and professional waiter I've ever come across.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been fortunate to have stayed at Rudding Park over a number of years, every visit is special, the welcome the valet car parking the friendleness and efficiency of the reception staff, excellent food and the quality of the rooms / facilities and the cleanliness are constantly good..
There is clearlly a focus on a staff culture and delivering the best customer experience which is evident throughout.
If you are looking for that special venue for either a business meeting or that special occasion, this is the place to be, you cannot fail but to be impressed...its the complete package.. Thank you.

Fotherby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have just returned from a golfing break with a party of 15 other ladies and have to say we were all absolutely delighted with our choice of venue. On arrival although it was mid day and we were not able to have access to our rooms we were well taken care of. After our first game of golf we returned to the hotel and a very warm welcome awaited us, the registration was very efficient and we were given assistance with our luggage to our rooms. I was very impressed with the young man who noticed that I was carrying a bottle of champagne and at once suggested that someone brought an ice bucket and flutes to my room, this arrived within 10 minutes - nice touch. The room was very comfortable and well appointed and the addition of robes and the usual supply of bathroom sundries made it all very nice.

Our evening meal in the restaurant was very pleasant experience, the service was quick and the menu offered a varied and appetising choice of dishes. Breakfast was good and there were more than suffficient options to choose from.

I was very impressed with the Pro Shop offering to take of all of our golf clubs overnight and even taking care of making sure that our batteries for the golf trolleys were recharged and ready for use at our appointed tee time. I have not been offered this facility at other venues before.

The hotel and the grounds are in a beautiful setting and I would recommend taking a break at Rudding Park to my friends

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Rudding Park Hotel? Share your experiences!